Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play NWN2: Storm of Zehir  (Read 2159 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Let's Play NWN2: Storm of Zehir
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »

So I picked up the whole Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum Collection Batch or whatever for my new computer. It's fun, but I know a way to make it more fun. And that is to play the expansion with friends.

So the expansion I'm talking about is Storm of Zehir. It's different from the rest of the Neverwinter Nights campaigns you can play, because it doesn't focus on a single player character with a bunch of cohorts. Rather, it's about a whole party, like those old D&D games. It has a bunch of neat features, like allowing you to switch between party members mid-conversation, which is good because different party members will have different things to say, some quite amusing. It's got a free-roaming overworld map, where you can find all sorts of hidden goodies and random events. It's got an interesting trading system, supposedly, but I haven't experienced it yet.

Oh, and it's got a plot there somewhere, too.

So I'm going to need six brave(or cowardly) adventurers to make up the party. My selection will be totally arbitrary, and I might even make a character of my own, so try to make some interesting characters. Or failing that, make anti-interesting characters that are so generic that they collapse into themselves and become a comedy-singularity. If I don't get any interesting characters I'll have to pick up some of the cohorts I can recruit, but they're kind of one-dimensional. Even the awesome bro-druid with the dinosaur companion doesn't have much character beyond that description.

Now, in order to create a character, you'll need to make a few choices:

Name: No explanation should be necessary.

Race: Not ethnicity, but species. There's quite a few options:
Spoiler: Race List (click to show/hide)

Class: There are twelve base classes and innumerable prestige classes. I'll just post the base classes for now, along with some of their features.
Spoiler: Class List (click to show/hide)

Alignment: From Good to Evil and from Lawful to Chaotic. Or just say "Ah, screw it" and be neutral on one or both axes. Make sure your class allows it is all I ask.

God: There's a great deal many, so unless it's important to your concept you can ignore this part.

Concept: Finally, what sort of character is this? There's many ways to build any one class, some being better than others, but ultimately it's possible to beat this game with nothing but bards so feel free to pick something silly. This is probably the most important part, so put some effort in it. In fact, you should probably start here, despite the fact that I put it down here. If you have a you're not sure how to represent your concept within the race-class-alignment system, feel free to leave those fields empty, so long as you write something here.

Now, there are some roles I'd like to have in the party. You can take on more than one role, and you don't need to take on any. Having multiples of any one role is fine, except for the position of party leader maybe. Just pick whatever you think goes well with your concept:
Spoiler: Role List (click to show/hide)

So, are you interested? You'd better be after reading all this. Unless you skipped all the way to the end or something, in which case, shame on you. To help you with character creation, here is a summary of what you need to post:

Name:
Class:
God: (Optional)
Concept: (Must have)
Role/s: (Optional)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play NWN2: Storm of Zehir
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:12:50 pm »

Okay, signing up for this.

Name: Hrag the Pillager

Male

Half-Orc Barbarian - Fighter

Chaotic Neutral

No god necessary.

Go for about 12 barbarian 8 fighter, going for the second character level as fighter, then finding the heaviest armor possible. High strength, high constitution, everything else is a dump stat. Hrag is very short on his temper, and prefers beating the crap out of anything that comes his way.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

Name: Samantha
Race: Sun Elf
Class: Wizard (Evocation)/Red Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
God: Herself [Read: none]
Concept: Samantha is a rather violent, and loves spells with high collateral damage. After her former traveling companions were buried in that cave, and the ones before that were killed in a collapsing castle, she has decided to be slightly more careful. She does need people to distract her foes, after-all. To make up for it, she will even make them a few potions, and maybe a weapon or two. Adventurers are easy to bribe with weapons, yes.
Being a Sun Elf, she is naturally superior to all of her companions, and enjoys letting them know about how important she is, and how lucky they are to have her with them.
She dislikes: Undead, lizards, long walks on the beach, and most of what the ranger cooks (You want me to eat WHAT?!?).
Why she's here: She heard a few rumors that the spell known only as 'Zalri's Last Laugh' could be found in the region, and wishes to acquire it. Very little is known about it, other then that it shatters tiny pieces of the universe to create a massive mushroom-shaped cloud that will set off a chain reaction, and so destroy everything in existence. Zalri chickened out and never used it, destroying all but one copy of the scroll. He was killed by a some evil something-or-other before he had the chance to destroy the last one. Samantha intends to use it to become a god: The merest threat of casting it will doubtlessly frighten the gods enough to achieve this.
Stats: Maximum int, moderate con, cha and wis of 8.
Roles: Blaster/Crafter/Enchanter, with a few AC buffs thrown in for good measure.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 06:37:06 am »

Name: Samwise Littlefoot
Race: Halfling
Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral
God: The Party Leader (Read: None)
Concept: An complete suck up, you can dump all the scut work on Samwise and he'll thank you for it.  He doesn't lack self respect, he respects himself as a useful errand boy who performs all the work that the important adventurers need done, such as polishing their armor, cooking their meals and of course the occasional groveling that they are too important to do.
Sam is infatuated with the adventurers and moons over them when he thinks no one is watching.  Especially the elf lady.  She is so pretty...
Role: Talky Guy/ Buffer/ Crafter
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »

Name:Kezzar Maerdyn
Race:Drow
Class:Warlock
Alignment:Lawful Evil
God: lloth
Concept:Kezzar is a devout worshiper of the spider goddess and follows the will of the Matriach of House Maerdyn to the letter. He is self serveing and greedy at times but will willingly pass up any reward for himself if it helps either of his mistress' plans. He was sent to the surface to explore and find ways to increase the political power of the drow as well as find possible worshipers for lloth. He enjoys communicateing with devils and loaths most demons, mostly becouse his mind works similer to theirs.It is through these communications with devils he gained his power as a warlock, and he intends to keep his dark powers pure(all warlock for levels). He doesn't much care either way about his fellow party members, though he dislikes takeing orders from the leader he is willing to do so aslong as it helps him fullfill his goals on the surface.
Role/s:Blaster
Sorry if you where hopeing for one of those sissy "chaotic good to fight against my evil race" drow, I play a proper drow, evil, from underdark, worships lloth, listens to his matriach, and generally thinks women are above men in society, as that's how the drow are.
Edit:Oh! fun fact, I used an english to drow translator for my charactor's first name, it means Ambition in drow.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:09:01 am by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:56 am »

Right, this is looking fairly decent. 3 characters with actual character and one generic half-orc barbarian. I'd have posted here sooner, but my internet kinda died on me. I'm posting from school right now, and hopefully I'll have enough characters to fill the roster and start this LP when I get it fixed again.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]