Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode crash at offload of previous fortress sit  (Read 874 times)

melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kieranmillar.com
Adventure mode crash at offload of previous fortress sit
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »

Sorry if this has been reported before, but I couldn't find it.

I was messing about with a first "test" fortress, and eventually abandoned it. I went into "Play Now!" with an adventurer to look around, but when I tried to leave the site (using both "Give in to starvation" and by moving in the travel map), DF crashed, giving the standard windows "This program needs to close" message.

I can give you a save if you wish.

Also rather oddly, the dwarves remained at the site but with all of the stuff on stockpiles scattered around the entire map (maybe this is meant to happen). Also quite interesting is that during fortress mode, I attempted to divert the river down a small tunnel so I could build a well nearer to my fortress (and flooded a bit of it, whoops), and before quitting, I tried to break another hole in the wall to flood another part. As I opened a hole behind a staircase, the water didn't flow out (although it should have). Coming back in adventure mode, this has now flooded as it should have, but only partially, and I'm now left with a tunnel I can walk halfway up until I hit a "brick wall" of water. Odd. The water stops flowing in adventure mode clearly.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Adventure mode crash at offload of previous fortress sit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:07:00 pm »

If this was in the version ending 33a, I'll look at the save:

toadyone@bay12games.com or somewhere downloadable
region folder in some kind of zip/rar
any new objects that were added to the raw folder

Otherwise, it'll be the reclaim crash bug which was fixed for 33a.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!