Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I require sand as a reagent?  (Read 784 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
How do I require sand as a reagent?
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:06:20 pm »

What do I do to require sand (of any type) as a reagent for a reaction?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I require sand as a reagent?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:59:58 pm »

So... does nobody know?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

It may be hardcoded. I don't know otherwise.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:05:19 am »

have you tried

[REAGENT:A:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_RED]

or SAND_YELLOW, SAND_WHITE, SAND_BLACK, SAND for subgloss?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 12:30:28 pm »

have you tried

[REAGENT:A:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_RED]

or SAND_YELLOW, SAND_WHITE, SAND_BLACK, SAND for subgloss?

Well, I guess I could do that, but I'd really like to be able to set up the reaction to be able to use whatever type of sand happens to be available.

You see, I'm trying to set up some custom glassmaking reactions, making photochromic glass (transition lens) windows and stuff out of sand, pearlash, and silver (for simplicity's sake, I'm just going to leave it assumed that they have salt and nitric acid). By the way, what value do you think that I should set photochromic glass at?.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 01:30:50 am »

\Well, I guess I could do that, but I'd really like to be able to set up the reaction to be able to use whatever type of sand happens to be available.

then I would add multiple reactions each with its own sand type and each with a product like, 'refined sand'.  Then just use the refined as a reagent for all your new glass making stuff.  It's either that or editing the raws to give the sand soils a [REACTION_CLASS].

You see, I'm trying to set up some custom glassmaking reactions, making photochromic glass (transition lens) windows and stuff out of sand, pearlash, and silver (for simplicity's sake, I'm just going to leave it assumed that they have salt and nitric acid). By the way, what value do you think that I should set photochromic glass at?.

I'd make it a gem, since all glass is already hard coded and you cant mess with the values.  This way you can still cut it and use it in many different glass applications (gem windows), but you'll have to make a custom set of reactions if you want furniture from it.

edit: Or you could add in a new soil layer of sand and just have it not spawn anywhere to get your new sand actually act as sand (but it would still make green glass as standard).  Then give reactions to convert the other sand types in to the new sand.  Unfortunately there is no [IS_GLASS] for INORGANICs so again, your new self-darkening glass material won't really be glass as far as the game is concerned.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:44:12 am by kwd1968 »