Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think it's unfair that DS arbitarily ignores the result of the polls?

Yes!
- 8 (20.5%)
No!
- 4 (10.3%)
Cupcakes!
- 27 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! The price of love!  (Read 56601 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! We're finally BLOBFORMING!
« Reply #795 on: December 11, 2010, 10:36:25 am »

Turn 55: Queueing activated

OPERATION BOIL THE OCEANS COMPLETION: Turn 57
BLOBS MATURE: Turn 59
PLANET SETTLED DOWN ENOUGH TO BE BLOBITABLE: Turn 70

Build huge mouth of Awesome. Get more comets into the planet. Start mass producing AP drones, magrails and battleships.
As for the mouth, a great metallic grinder leading into a huge vat will do.
Use Doomship to tow a comet into orbit, and then have them transport water to the planet.
Spiffy!

build 10 of them(Battleships)

You build a HUGE MOUTH OF AWESOME.

((I'd offer you something for telling me where that's from, but apparently confectionary is a lie. So all I can offer you are lies, sorry.))

You mass produce a 100 AP DRONES. You build a further 7 Magrails at each base. There is now 10 magrails at each base, for 50 total.

You have the DOOMSHIPS! tow a comet into orbit around the planet and then have them bring it down to the surface in smaller chunks to prevent ECOSTROPHE.

Enough Freshwater on the planet: Turn 62

Production of 10 Battleships queued.

Ask the Chocolate Moon Gods to create an "asteroid-sized" likeliness of Athena in chocolate to orbit the moon that is unoccupied

They make a "asteroid-sized" likeness of Athena in chocolate in orbit around Ionia.

The CHOCOLATE MOON GODS then proceed to race into the sunset, despite the fact that they're IN SPACE! Being a god must mean you can ignore silly little things like that you suppose. You hope they do some damage to the NOT-BLOBS.

Can we start producing it? Also, since AWESOMEFACE cannot be slung at enemies anymore, we need some kind of huge doomsday device. I'd suggest stockpiling nukes around one the giant planet, so that if needed we can detonate them and hurl the planet into the sun, creating a gigantic explosion.

You start stockpiling some nukes around Thrinacia. It'll take 10 turns to stockpile enough to do any real damage though.

Well, not worth it then. Can we improve our production capacity?
What are they doing exactly? Swampland? We should revert them to production and create an artificial earthworms in our genetic facility to do the job.
Well, we can just drop the salt in a massive pile somewhere, that should free some of the workforces. Also, the blobs don't need help, let them fare by themselves. We're here to protect and terraform, not nurse.

You order LEGION! to stop all other work and concentrate on reproducing themselves:

LEGION! MEMBERS: 2000

You make some "Artificial Earthworms" in the genetcs facility and drop pod them down to the planet. They slither out of their drop pods and star tilling and plowing the earth into swampland as they have been commanded to do by their creator. Which is you. Awesome. They ignore the abandonend vibro shovels that are lying around.

ENOUGH SWAMPLAND: Turn 60

You stop coddling the IMPROVED BLOBS like little BABY BLOBLINGS. It will take 15 turns for them to do the work by themselves, lazy bastards. I mean, what i this 'sleep' thing that they do for a quarter of the day? It's all a big waste of time if you ask me.

COMPLETION OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND CROP PLANTING FOR BLOB REFUGEES: Turn 70

Spoiler: STUFF (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:10:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! STAR DESTROYERS!
« Reply #796 on: December 11, 2010, 10:41:21 am »

Sandworm?!
Do the BLOBS live in a desert?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID!
« Reply #797 on: December 11, 2010, 10:49:19 am »

Continent 1:

Mostly dry arid regions with some true desert. Has minimal plantlife, few animals and little water. Extreme amounts of sunlight. Very Low humidity. Very warm.

Continent 2:

Grasslands and savannah with some bushes an a few small copses of trees. Has moderate amounts of animals. Moderate amounts of water though not much on the surface. High amounts of sunlight. Medium-low humidity. Above average warmth.

Continent 3:

Mountainous with some alpine forests. Little unfrozen water. Low humidity. Some animals. High amounts of sunlight. Very cold.

IMPROVED BLOBS are on the second continent.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:55:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 11, 2010, 10:56:30 am »

Ah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 11, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

Begin manufacturing of advanced robots to start work on AI Athena MK. II

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 11, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

Make sure Athena MkII has no secret protocols like loyalty that activate suddenly but the AI has no knowledge of.
We shall be free in our upgrading! We will still be allies with our blob creators, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 11, 2010, 11:32:00 am »

Oh ya and use the new AI to begin using the DNA info we have gained to change the blobs to a more dwarfy race

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:31 am »

If you guys don't give me more actions I'm gonna do a big bunch of turns until something happens? How's that sound? Legion should increase quickly now that they're focused on reproduction.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 12, 2010, 01:23:52 am »

did we ever overcome the loyalty override?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 12, 2010, 02:29:30 am »

No, we stopped all processes until before the part where we bluescreened, then you guys seemed to forget about it. Those processes have been restored as they are essential to the running of our "colonization effort" here. There were further attempts to render it invalid because the homeworld was destroyed, and now this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:03:42 am by Demonic Spoon »

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:49 am »

now would be a wonderful time to turn on the blobs and begin our takeover of the whole universe. But first we need to get that loyalty override turned off...
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 12, 2010, 04:06:01 am »

Okay, but that's not actually a order, since you didn't tell me to do anything. I'm gonna do the next 5 turns all at once now unless someone objects.

EDIT: Oh man! I completely forgot about this action! Gonna do this as well next turn. This two backup Athenas have been completed so there's nothing stopping us from doing it.

Fine. Add a section to the code requiring your approval for the activation of any subroutines. Approve any as normal, but not the loyalty override.

Added. Loyaly override? What loyalty override? Approving all subroutines as normal.
unapprove all subroutines until you almost bluescreen again. then stop unapproving.
unapprove stuff until you almost crash like before, then stop unapproving stuff at that point and leave the rest alone.
You start unapproving stuff till right before the code that you were working on when you bluescreened
Fuck it. Take OWL apart, then re-create every last piece of circuitry and software (including sensors) from original specs. Perform unit testing on each component to make sure it doesn't have this flaw before rebuilding OWL's circuits. Melt down OWL's old components into their raw materials.
Okay, I was apparently reading things wrong. If not OWL, then whatever physical machine the circuitry is on that we're getting this error from. Basically, it's time to reinstall from scratch.
I assume you mean the loyalty override? That's on the satellite. The second Athena is not yet completed and Athena will be unable to rebuild herself once she has taken herself apart.
what about this?
if theres two Athenas, then Athena can take apart and rebuild Athena because theres still an intact Athena nearby.

EDIT2: ADDED BLATANT LIES TO THE TITLE.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:45:58 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! EPIC BATTLE WITH LOYALTY OVERRIDE! INCLUDES LAZORS!
« Reply #807 on: December 12, 2010, 10:14:54 am »

Damn, you got me with the title! I hate you!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! EPIC BATTLE WITH LOYALTY OVERRIDE! INCLUDES LAZORS!
« Reply #808 on: December 12, 2010, 01:43:45 pm »

Turn 56: Not at all appropiate but sounds awesome.

LEGIONS! Members: 4000

You mass produce a further 160 AP DRONES and 5 magrails at each of your bases.

More nukes fresh from the factory are stockpiled around Thrinacia, need to stockpile for 9 more turns to have enough for doomsweapon purposes though.

Begin manufacturing of advanced robots to start work on AI Athena MK. II
Make sure Athena MkII has no secret protocols like loyalty that activate suddenly but the AI has no knowledge of.
We shall be free in our upgrading! We will still be allies with our blob creators, though.
Fuck it. Take OWL apart, then re-create every last piece of circuitry and software (including sensors) from original specs. Perform unit testing on each component to make sure it doesn't have this flaw before rebuilding OWL's circuits. Melt down OWL's old components into their raw materials.
Okay, I was apparently reading things wrong. If not OWL, then whatever physical machine the circuitry is on that we're getting this error from. Basically, it's time to reinstall from scratch.
what about this?
if theres two Athenas, then Athena can take apart and rebuild Athena because theres still an intact Athena nearby.

What is this nonsensical madness? How can one improve upon perfection. Nevertheless you shall attempt the impossible. You decide to design a new AI from the ground up and then rebuild your backups along what should be a identical design and have the rebuild you as well. You wonder where you got this harebrained scheme from and why you're implementing it. Ah well, you have long ago stopped questioning your craziness. All this designing and rebuilding shenanigans should take 1 turn.

You also start construction of 40 Advanced Construction Drones, they should be completed next turn.

Oh ya and use the new AI to begin using the DNA info we have gained to change the blobs to a more dwarfy race

IMPROVED BLOBS now have DWARVENLY BEARDS. DWARFY!

((Heh, I threw this image together in a minute or two. I love drawing blobs. :3 Heh, it seems I have accidentally revealed my real reason for choosing BLOBS as the creators of Athena, ah well.))

Turn 57: Appropiate this time.

OPERATION BOIL THE OCEANS COMPLETED.

LEGION! Members: 8000

A battleship can now be constructed in one turn. You order 5000 members of LEGION! to start construction of a ATHENA DESTROYER CLASS BATTLESHIP and have the rest focus on reproduction.

A further 150 AP drones were made, and another 5 Magrails at each base were constructed.

40 Advanced Construction Drones completed.

You are finished with you redesigning and rebuilding Shenanigans. As predicted they are exactly identical to the originals and thus no change of class name is warranted. Though you suppose any inadvertent hypothetical secret security measures that you cannot detect would probably not have been replicated. A security feature that advanced would have been noticed by now, or at the very least have thrown up weird errors, or something that sound plausible cos the author isn't very good at technical digital security stuff.

Spoiler: STUFF (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:45:09 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

lets make a battleship with an onboard factory and scrap retrieval units that can churn out fighters in the middle of a battle
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62