Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think it's unfair that DS arbitarily ignores the result of the polls?

Yes!
- 8 (20.5%)
No!
- 4 (10.3%)
Cupcakes!
- 27 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! The price of love!  (Read 56544 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! THE REALITY BREAKER IS NOT A TOY! D:<
« Reply #720 on: December 05, 2010, 12:54:32 am »

How about we... just copy the engine?
The engine wasn't built, it was spawned in a moment of weirdness, so we can't copy its innards without taking it apart, which would make it unusable. We most likely wouldn't be able to rebuild it either, since we don't know how.
So its a renamed Infinite Probability Engine?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 05, 2010, 01:00:23 am »

If only we could rename Atlas to Heart of Gold...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 05, 2010, 01:00:35 am »

How about we... just copy the engine?
The engine wasn't built, it was spawned in a moment of weirdness, so we can't copy its innards without taking it apart, which would make it unusable. We most likely wouldn't be able to rebuild it either, since we don't know how.
So its a renamed Infinite Probability Engine?
If it is, then we can just plug it in, and have it pop out a clone.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 05, 2010, 07:05:15 am »

Hey guys, sorry for being such a meaniehead earlier about the RB, but when I say something is extremely dangerous I mean extremely dangerous.

Also, I don't think I'll be able to post a turn today as my sister is getting married.

And you use the RB for lessr actions like "I create a large pile of stone using the RB" or some such and you should be fine unless you roll a critical fail, just not something like "Activate godmode lolol."

I was actually planning for this game to become a game about a non-droid colonizing non-reality, fighting non-non-blobs (no, it's not a double negative, and even if - a non-double non-negative) and preparing non-worlds for non-colonization by non-non-blobs.

Anyone get the idea?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 05, 2010, 08:25:26 am »

FUUUUUU-

I just accidentally lost the entire turn.  >:(  :'(

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! HOMEWORLD DESTROYED! OH NOES! D:
« Reply #725 on: December 05, 2010, 08:58:22 am »

Well it seems you guys are lucky. You'll get a turn today, unless the internet swallows it up again.

Lots of stuff about building REALITY BREAKERS and whether we can or not.

You know how to manufacture the REALITY BREAKER ENGINE, it's just the method manufacturing that was discovered accidentally. Sorry if that was unclear. Though I don't know why you would want to make more, it just decreases the chance of success without really adding much to the power.

Turn 53: From my almost nonexistant understanding of I German I believe this is probably about a witchhunt, beyond that I have no idea what they're saying, but it sounds awesome.

Reactivate all hidden bots and begin constructing desalinization plants on every available shoreline.  Build spaceports nearby so we can move the produced salt offworld.  Build a town for the improved BLOBs, then create 1000-2000 BLOBs to start with.  They can begin building civilization for the refugees while we focus on other stuff.
Build desalinization plants on the 2nd continent.

You build a lot of desalinization plants. It will take about 30 turns for them to produce enough freshwater for the planet to be declared HABITABLE FOR THE GLORY OF BLOBDOM! You could probably build some more plants to decrease the time to 20 turns, but beyond that the time decrease would be minimal. You also build a spaceport on each continent as part of your plan to ship the salt produced by the desalinization plants offworld and make HUEG PROFITS.

You create 1500 IMPROVED BLOBS. You then adapt the CONQUERED BEARPEOPLE SETTLEMENTS for inhabitance by BLOBS and send them to the second continent. And order them to start making facilities and stuff for the incoming refugees. They ask what exactly the're supposed to be eating. Fortunately there is plenty of water to drink thanks to the desalinization plants though.

Construct additional Mag Rails

You contruct two additional magrails at each base. FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

throw several asteriods into cometface.

You do this. The AWESOMECOMETFACE is now completely recovered from it's wounds! It is still chained to a giant as moon and guarded to prevent it's escape by it's former minions, the DOOMSHIPS!

Lenghten the chain holding AWESOMEFACE and build huge rocket engine so that we can make the planet spin faster. Then use it as a giant sling against hostile.
Then make it spin! And use the REALITY BREAKER to invoke large amount of fresh water at unspecified location.
Y. We can have a feeding tube feeding him rocks from the moon.
It is uncertain if the chain will be strong enough to keep anchoring AWESOMEFACECOMET if the moon starts spinning. Continue Y/N?
Continue, and start working on improving chain with AWESOME and tungsten.
And now I have to draw ANOTHER CHAIN, I hate drawing chains. Why do you do this to me?! WHY?! T.T  :'(
Okay, if you want, we can attach gim with carbon nanotube, so you only have to draw a black line.

You lengthen the chain holding AWESOMEFACECOMET and strengthen it with some carbon nanotube. You then add a HUEG ROCKET ENGINE to Pandora to make it spin and use AWESOMEFACECOMET as a sling or something against hostile. But you do not know who hostile is and thus do not do this.

Roll: 5

You summon a larger amount of freshwater, somewhere. Who knows, it might even be in this universe! Also:

YOU NOW HAVE A BLINDING HEADACHE
YOU KNOW HAVE A IRRESITIBLE URGE FOR BRAINSSS
-1 TO ALL ROLLS FOR THE REST OF THE TURN

MEANWHILE, IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY:

((Cookie for anyone that can tell me where that map is from.))

Unleash the chocolate moon gods.

You unleash the CHOCOLATE MOON GODS from their EON LONG IMPRISONMENT within Pandora. They are grateful and give you a smallish piece of CHOCOLATE MOON, which is delicious. Oh yeah and they say you can ask them for one favour, as they owe you one.

I make a large pile of BLOBIUM using RB.

Roll: 17 - 1 = 16

You make a large pile of the COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS substance, BLOBIUM.

I say use the RB to get a copy of BLOB-LIFE 2: BLOBISODE 3.

Roll: 16 - 1 = 15

You get a copy of BLOB-LIFE 2: BLOBISODE 3 and waste a few hours completeing it, speedplaying as only a AI can. Wow, that was awesome! And the ending! And the great way they handled the romantic tension between BLOBDON FREEBLOB and BLOBLEX. And the gameplay! Man, that was totally worth risking utter annihilation for.

UNMake NOT BLOBs

Roll: 4 - 1 = 3

REALITY DESTROYED

PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH CTHULU R'LYEH WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN!

YOU HAVE DIED. 1 LIFE LOST.

LIVES LEFT: 0

ACTIVATING IT WAS ALL A DREAM REWIND.

Wow, what a horrible nightmare! Good thing you aren't so stupid to do something that stupid, right? I mean, you're a Artificial Intelligence after all.

If only we could rename Atlas to Heart of Gold...

SATELLITE NAME ATLAS CHALLENGED BY NEWCOMER NAME HEART OF GOLD!

WHO WILL WIN THIS ELECTION ROUND?!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:33:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 05, 2010, 09:03:35 am »

It's the map from the epically derailed feudalism thread!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 05, 2010, 09:06:17 am »

COOKIES!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! REALITY BROKEN. I warned you guys. >.>
« Reply #728 on: December 05, 2010, 09:46:21 am »

create a miniature RBE, send it into the path of the non-Blob ships, then, once it detects the non-blobs make pi = RNG() (intent: traveling through non euclidean space will make it harder for the NON-Blobs to reach us, buying us time, after all, 45 turns and a bit aren't enough).
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:11 am »

The BLOB EMPIRE knows of no way to intercept ships in HYPERSPACE. That's a pretty good plan though.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 05, 2010, 09:59:18 am »

Weaponize the broken bits of reality
It's FEF, not FEOF

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 05, 2010, 10:03:08 am »

Whatever are you talking about? That was all just a horrible nightmare, right? Remember though. It won't just be a nightmare the next time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:05:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! It was all just a dream, this time. <.<
« Reply #732 on: December 05, 2010, 10:09:31 am »

I have an idea.

Don your most gentlemantly clothes and use the RBE to create a RBE that dosen't destroy reality when used.

Because fuck it, if we go down, we go down in style.

Edit: If reality is broken, ask the chocolate gods to fix it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 05, 2010, 10:10:37 am »

...someone please veto this...

EDIT: Reality is not broken, just bended now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 05, 2010, 10:12:14 am »

Well, I'm implying that if we break reality, the chocolate gods will be broken, but not to the point of not being able to fix themselves and the reality in the process.

I just want my euclidian nightmare. Then I can go back to lurking.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62