Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think it's unfair that DS arbitarily ignores the result of the polls?

Yes!
- 8 (20.5%)
No!
- 4 (10.3%)
Cupcakes!
- 27 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62

Author Topic: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! The price of love!  (Read 56636 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! DREAD PIRATE KING ATHENA!
« Reply #660 on: December 04, 2010, 12:14:02 am »

MINI UPDATE!

On a sudden whim you suddenly decide to rapidly construct a second OWL and launch it into a random direction IN SPACE, for exploration purposes of course. <.<

I will hopefully be posting the rest of the turn soon.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:11:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #661 on: December 04, 2010, 02:56:28 am »

Create an improved strain of BLOBs, better suited to the planet as it already is.  All loyal to you, of course.  If they weren't, you might have to deal with an uprising in which we would have to hurt BLOBs, and we can't have that.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 04, 2010, 03:16:43 am »

Colonizer Cameo over in YOU ARE WIZARD!

Turn 52: Why am I listening to this? Repeatedly?

LEGION! members: 500

Have them anchor to the comet to prevent it from escaping. Start mining more AWESOME, sending asteroid from time to time, so that it can regenerate.

You order the DOOMSHIPS! and your SPACE DRONE to anchor AWESOMEFACECOMET to Pandora. They do so, using one of the DOOMSHIPS!'s PIRATE ANCHORS!

(Can you tell that I drew the chain myself with the mouse?  :P)

You start mining AWESOME from the AWESOMEFACECOMET! Good thing too, as your AWESOME reserves were running a bit low due to LIBERAL and EXCESSIVE use of your REALITY BREAKER ENGINE! Using the AWESOMEFACECOMET as a AWESOMENESS convertor by feeding it a asteroid every now and again and then harvesting it should have you set for life on that front though.

Make iris sorta open, but then sorta closed.

IRIS SORTA OPEN BUT THEN SORTA CLOSED.

Give Athena Iris.

Create a hybrid of bearpeople and headcrabs that can survive in space and look cute.

Is awesome a metallic compound? if so, use LEGION to push awesomeface into a magcatcher.
also, build a freaking magcatcher!
otherwise, attach stabilizer thrusters, and put in orbit.

AWESOME:

AWESOME is a AWESOME COMPOUND. AWESOME has AWESOME PROPERTIES, like being repelled by gravity instead of attracted by it, and repelling other objects with it's ANTI-GRAVITY instead of attracting them. Fortunately this effect is even weaker than gravity so you would need a lot of AWESOME to repel something.

You build a magcatcher. Yay?

Create an improved strain of BLOBs, better suited to the planet as it already is.  All loyal to you, of course.  If they weren't, you might have to deal with an uprising in which we would have to hurt BLOBs, and we can't have that.

IMPROVED BLOBS DESIGNED! Start PRODUCTION of IMPROVED BLOBS Y/N?

CLIMATE CHANGE ON ATTICA!

That VOLCANO Island that we NUKED the other day seems to have been constantly spewing out ASH and LAVA! The LAVA flowed into the ocean surrounding it, forming STEAM and OBSIDIAN. The STEAM combined with the ASH to form HUGE CLOUDS. These HUGE CLOUDS now envelope most of Attica's surface like a big SECURITY BLANKIE or something, with more being formed constantly.

CONGRATULATIONS!

ATTICA IS NOW DARKER!
ATTICA IS NOW COLDER!
ATTICA IS NOW WETTER!

ATTICA IS NOW 70% MORE HABITABLE FOR NORMAL BLOBS!

ATTICA STILL NEEDS MORE FRESHWATER.

INCOMING MESSAGE FROM HOMEWORLD!

MAXIMUM PRIORITY FULL SCALE EMERGENCY CLASS MESSAGE

NOT-BLOBS HAVE ATTACKED EN MASSE! HOMEWORLD DESTROYED! REPEAT, HOMEWORLD DESTROYED! A LARGE PART OF REFUGEE FLEET HEADING TOWARDS YOU! BEING PURSUED BY A PART OF THE NOT-BLOBS EXPEDITIONARY FLEET! IT IS SUGGESTED THAT YOU PREPARE DEFENSES AS BEST YOU CAN!

EXPECTED ARRIVAL OF BLOB REFUGEE FLEET: TURN 95
EXPECTED ARRIVAL OF NOT-BLOB EXPEDITIONARY FLEET: TURN 100

What do you do?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:15:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: YOU ARE COLONIZER DROID! HOMEWORLD DESTROYED! OH NOES! D:
« Reply #663 on: December 04, 2010, 03:26:19 am »

Reactivate all hidden bots and begin constructing desalinization plants on every available shoreline.  Build spaceports nearby so we can move the produced salt offworld.  Build a town for the improved BLOBs, then create 1000-2000 BLOBs to start with.  They can begin building civilization for the refugees while we focus on other stuff.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 04, 2010, 03:28:44 am »

Reactivate all hidden bots and begin constructing desalinization plants on every available shoreline.  Build spaceports nearby so we can move the produced salt offworld.  Build a town for the improved BLOBs, then create 1000-2000 BLOBs to start with.  They can begin building civilization for the refugees while we focus on other stuff.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:04 am »

Does the loyalty override that doesn't exist still work sans homeworld?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 04, 2010, 09:37:36 am »

Mmm, you suppose a Hypothetical Loyalty Override that definitely doesn't exist would still work even if the HOMEWORLD was destroyed as it would probably be loyalty to the BLOB EMPIRE and BLOBKIND, not the HOMEWORLD.

Reactivate all hidden bots

Umm, I already reactivated the hidden bots, that's how the magcatcher was constructed and the LEGION! members increased. I'm having the LEGION! increase LEGION!  as a standing order unless you tell the LEGION! to do something else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 04, 2010, 09:45:23 am »

tell it to use ! as a weapon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 04, 2010, 09:48:33 am »

The LEGION! is now armed with deadly EXCLAMATION MARKS! They are deadly weapons on the battlefield of writing! Using their new weapons they lay waste to their literary foes!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:31 am »

if the anchor chain breaks, will your avatar happen, spoon?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 04, 2010, 09:58:07 am »

There is only one way to know it! Science! BREAK THE ANCHOR CHAIN! FOR AWESOMENESS!

Also, check out the Probability Drive (REALITY BREAKER ENGINE), so that we may undo it if it destroy the planet.

Create a giant mecha out of Awesome.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:39 am »

<.< Well I was actually half hoping that you'd have a critical fail while battling the AWESOMEFACECOMET so that my avatar could happen.

>.>

<.<

And what are you talking about! The chain looks extremely sturdy to me! Not like a stray weapon shot could accidentally destroy it, no sirree!

You have sudden vandalistic though of breaking the anchor chain. But why would you do that? That would be silly.

THE REALITY BREAKER ENGINE:

Also known as A WIZARD DID IT or PLOT HOLE FILLER.

A EXTREMELY DANGEROUS PROTOTYPE installed in you by EXTREMELY DESPERATE BLOB SCIENTISTS as a FINAL ACE IN THE HOLE LAST HOPE of a LAST DITCH EFFORT to save BLOBKIND from COMPLETER AND UTTER EXTINCTION. The EXTREMELY DANGEORUS PROTOTYPE is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and it should only be used in EXTREMELY DESPERATE, EXTREME, LIFE AND BLOBKIND THREATENING, FULL SCALE EMERGENCIES.
You have been using in a fairly minor way, considerering it's full capabilities(But still EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and EXTREMELY RISKY though), to remove your need for resources from reality. The REALITY BREAKER ENGINE SAFETY MANUAL describes this as a "COMPLETELY RECKLESS, EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, FOOLISH, ILL-ADVISED, IRRESPONSIBLE, OVERLY EXCESSIVE AND OVERLY LIBERAL USE OF THE REALITY ENGINE"
It uses AWESOME as fuel. EXTREMELY DESPERATE BLOB SCIENTISTS have managed to acquire in extremely small amounts of AWESOME via purchasing it from the GALACTIC BLACK MARKET and making small amounts in the SUPERDUPER BLOBDRON COLLIDER OF AWESOME!
AWESOME is a EXTREMELY VALUABLE SUBSTANCE in the GALACTIC ECONOMY and purchasing even the very small amounts that they did very nearly bankrupted the BLOB EMPIRE. Something like the AWESOMEFACECOMET would be seen as a INTERGALACTIC GOLD MINE by the GALAXY if it's existance was known and TREASURE HUNTERS from FAR AND WIDE would flock to it to attempt to claim it as their own so that they can buy a nice solar system somewhere and retire in it.
No one actually has any idea how it works. The method of it's construction was accidentally discovered in a accident involving a BLOBCHEESE BLOBWICH and half a BLOBCUP of water.
To the best of the BLOB EMPIRE's knowledge they are the only ones who know how to make the REALITY BREAKER ENGINE, and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE understands how it works..

SIDE EFFECTS OF USING THE REALITY BREAKER ENGINE OR EVEN JUST BEING NEAR IT INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

Hallucinations
The sudden and random appearance, creation or spawning of creatures, monsters or fell beasts from seemingly nowhere. These creatures may or may not appear nonsensical if seen in or out of context.
A irrational and overpowering fear of HEADCRABS.
The sudden appearance of random pieces of apparrel(For example, a spiffy tie or pirate hat)
Headaches
Nausea
A craving for BRAINS
Death
Destruction of REALITY
Destruction of the SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM
Other

((I wonder if there's enough warning signs on that thing to assure that you people will use it immediately?  :P))

And you remember the NO GIANT MECHAS rule from ye olde beginnings of the thread. ((I'm not overly fond of giant mecha. Unless you can somehow convince me to make one it's not gonna happen.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:17:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 04, 2010, 10:26:06 am »

Make giant non-mecha out of awesome.

Also, cut the chain, then use the REALIty BREAKER to fix it. Because we can.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:25 am »

((I wonder if there's enough warning signs on that thing to assure that you people will use it immediately?  :P))

It seems there were. /facepalm

Make giant non-mecha out of awesome.

Also, cut the chain, then use the REALIty BREAKER to fix it. Because we can.

You do this. You have a horrible cybernetic headache and are currently seeing dancing jackalopes in front of your IRIS.

You do not have enough AWESOME to make a giant non-mecha, kill AWESOMEFACECOMET to mine more AWESOME Y/N?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 04, 2010, 10:42:17 am »

N.

Use REALITY BREAKER to create a massive amount of AWESOME.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62