Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think it's unfair that DS arbitarily ignores the result of the polls?

Yes!
- 8 (20.5%)
No!
- 4 (10.3%)
Cupcakes!
- 27 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62

Author Topic: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! The price of love!  (Read 56717 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! We come in peace, shoot to kill!
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2010, 03:49:14 am »

Advanced drone factory or basic?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2010, 04:17:07 am »

Advanced.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2010, 04:51:57 am »

Insufficient iron. Also insufficient iron for basic.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2010, 05:00:48 am »

alright then. OWL continues observing the area while the mining drones mine enough iron for a basic factory. then launch it.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2010, 05:34:03 am »

Wouldn't the iron melt on the entry into the atmosphere, we need some containers for it, also BUILD THE DAMN SENSORY THIGY
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2010, 05:49:30 am »

Make advanced construction drone.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

Build a sensor drones! I've been asking for it for turns. Then send it to a Bearpeople settlements, tell them your a god here to protect you from the Lord Of Chaos (Owl) but that you need them to obey you.

Also, did we send something on the larger moon? If not, we should set up a base there as well. And use Athena's sensors to search for ore near Owl.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2010, 11:52:57 am »

make bearpeople slave labor after convincing them our drones are gods. have Owl stockpile all the gentic material for a later time.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2010, 07:09:32 pm »

Wouldn't the iron melt on the entry into the atmosphere, we need some containers for it, also BUILD THE DAMN SENSORY THIGY
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »

Bear people are dead Jim, their Dead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »

Turn 39:

We should seriously invest in a drone designed to work out the native language - if we can convince them that it's a god or a messenger of gods, we can co-opt them as a labour force.

LINGUISTICS DRONE BLUEPRINTS ADDED!

Have OWL ignore the herd and prospect for metal deposits. Scan the area around Thrinacia again for moons.

Roll: 10 + 2 = 12

You find 2 copper veins on the surface! You find one coal vein on the surface! You find 1 copper vein beneath the surface! You find 1 iron vein beneath the surface! You find one coal vein beneath the surface!

Calculate Dropzone of area local near OWL's current location that will allow for Enough Iron to be sent to planet via moon that OWL can use to build a Drone Factory there. Without killing OWL naturally...

Dropzone Calculated!

Make advanced construction drone.

Construction of advanced construction drone started. It will take two days to complete. Atmosphere proofing will automatically added.

Build a sensor drones! I've been asking for it for turns. Then send it to a Bearpeople settlements, tell them your a god here to protect you from the Lord Of Chaos (Owl) but that you need them to obey you.

Also, did we send something on the larger moon? If not, we should set up a base there as well. And use Athena's sensors to search for ore near Owl.

Construction of Scouting Drone started. It will have atmosphere entry proofing. It will take two days.

One of your three basic construction drones is blasted at the larger moon from the magrail. It will take two days for it to reach it.

Unable to communicate with bearpeople.

Power Reserve: 100%

Scanning roll: 9

You discover 1 copper vein beneath the surface.

Power Reserve: 80%

alright then. OWL continues observing the area while the mining drones mine enough iron for a basic factory. then launch it.

OWL continues observing the area. The two remaining basic drones contruct a mining facility on the second iron vein.

Container constructed. Insufficient resources to build advanced scanning array if that's what you mean.

HOPE LANDS ON AT OUR BASE ON IONIA! HOPE IS BUSY UNLOADING!

make bearpeople slave labor after convincing them our drones are gods. have Owl stockpile all the gentic material for a later time.

Unable to communicate with bearpeople. OWL stores the chunks of bearpeople in one of their cooler holes in the ground that seems to be used for storage of food.

Resources:

150 iron
1250 copper
1200 gold
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:40:23 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »

Focus all attention on obtaining iron on our moon base. Begin construction of a Sergeant drone.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »

Okay, this organic human brain isn't doing well following 18 pages of thread. Give us a complete inventory of our entire holdings, including satellite status and everything that we're getting from Hope. Also inquire to Hope if it intends to stay or where it's going after this.

And, guys? Why exactly are we building one of everything and trying to climb the tech tree instead of spamming cheap drones to utterly take over every mineral deposit on the currently-held moon?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2010, 11:55:54 pm »

We aren't completely insane is why. It would be a waste of resources to make 30 useless tin cans just to have two more mines set up.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2010, 12:06:10 am »

*palm embedded firmly into face*

Never played Starcraft, have you?

Are you at all familiar with the concept of a self-replicating Von Neumann machine, maybe?

Search for mines until there are none left to search for. Build mines on ALL of them. Expand next to our OWL and get the same system going there. Build Sergeant Drones as necessary to accomodate the AI needs of the drones. Construct larger AI facilities if we have to. Rinse and repeat, possibly building a few more OWLs if we need defense. We can worry about luxuries after we have our economy cranking.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62