Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think it's unfair that DS arbitarily ignores the result of the polls?

Yes!
- 8 (20.5%)
No!
- 4 (10.3%)
Cupcakes!
- 27 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62

Author Topic: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! The price of love!  (Read 56626 times)

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE A COLONIZER DROID! WE ARE LEGION!
« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:34 pm »

Proposing a pre-emptive long range shotgunning of all magrails at hostiles. presumably due to resources not being a problem we can just fire tungsten rods, correct?

also align killsats and begin firing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:05 pm »

shotguns are nowhere near long-range.
long-range magrail shooting would be more like a railgun or a mass driver.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2010, 03:33:23 pm »

well can we just railgun the hell out of them?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2010, 04:39:56 pm »

Can't you see? What he's calling shotguns ARE mass drivers! Plus, in space, a shotgun would be long-range.

Also, start building an undergound facility in one of the moon with a backup AI and a nuclear factory.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 01, 2010, 04:54:08 pm »

Exactly. We're a sentient AI, surely we have the processor power to calculate spread from a few shotgun style blasts?
I second that underground bunker.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »

Ok then.
Aren't we already building a backup though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »

That's what I thought, but still, screw it, build another one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2010, 10:50:13 pm »

We already have one backup facility but we can build one on the other moon as well.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:52 pm »

BUILD MOAR COMPUTING POWEEER, THE UNIVERSE WILL BE CALCULATED
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2010, 11:25:28 pm »

Any more actions in preparation fo the coming hostiles tommorow? Or shall I start writing the turn?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2010, 11:26:12 pm »

Any more actions in preparation fo the coming hostiles tommorow? Or shall I start writing the turn?
DETERMINE HOSTILITY (if unknown, for future stuff.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »

HOSTILITY = UNKNOWN SHIPS WITH EXTREMELY LARGE WEAPON CAPABILITIES AND MILITARY LEVEL POWER SIGNATURES, MILITARY LEVEL HULL DISTURBANCES IN HYPERSPACE, MILITARY LEVEL SENSORS, MILITARY LEVEL EVERYTHING.

PREDICTED PROBABILITY THAT THEY ARE HOSTILE: 85%

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »

Have the killsats point at the incoming ships.  Scramble the fighters.  Close the iris.  Do everything possible to prepare for the incoming fleet.  Also, hide LEGION! away somewhere safe, along with a few construction bots and the OWL.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 01, 2010, 11:39:24 pm »

Have the killsats point at the incoming ships.  Scramble the fighters.  Close the iris.  Do everything possible to prepare for the incoming fleet.  Also, hide LEGION! away somewhere safe, along with a few construction bots and the OWL.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2010, 12:05:11 am »

I was going to update WIZARD! today with the clone success/fail, but now I don't have anything to put in the title without looking like a copycat if it succeeds.

Blarg.

Go right ahead, it'd be awesome if the two threads had the same subtitle.  :D

BUILD MOAR COMPUTING POWEEER, THE UNIVERSE WILL BE CALCULATED

You gain more computing power with each member of legion that you build. You can concentrate on computing power though.

TURN 50: ARR!

LEGION! Numer: 150

You align the killsats to where the ships will emerge from Hyperspace and have them commence firing. You also aim and fire the magrails, adding a bit of spread to the shots to make sure that you hit something at least. You scramble the nonexistent fighters like some eggs yo.

IRIS CLOSED

OWL burrows into one of the holes of the BEARPEOPLE Settlement. The members of the LEGION! on Ionia and some of the construction drones there go hide in the UG bunker. The rest of them hide under rocks or something. >.>

WARNING, MULTIPLE INCOMING HOSTILES LEAVING HYPERSPACE! WARNING, MULTIPLE INCOMING HOSTILES LEAVING HYPERSPACE!

ARR! IT BE THE DREAD PIRATE KING COMET AWESOMEFACECOMET, SCOURGE OF THE SEVEN GALAXIES, AND HIS GIGANTICA FLEET OF PIRATE DOOMSHIPS!(DOOMSHIPS! not pictured cos I'm lazy.) SHIVER ME TIMBERS! HE'LL HAVE YOU KEELHAULED LIKE THE LANDLUBBER THAT YE BE!

ENEMY FORCES: THE DREAD PIRATE KING COMET AWESOMEFACECOMET, SCOURGE OF THE SEVEN GALAXIES
AND HIS FLEET OF SCURVY DOGS, WHICH CONSISTS OF 666 DOOMSHIPS!

Roll: 85 (Okay, this is creepy. O.o Random.org wants to eat my soul.)

Your killsats and magrails destroy 350 DOOMSHIPS! 316 DOOMSHIPS! REMAIN!

THE DREAD PIRATE KING COMET AWESOMEFACECOMET, SCOURGE OF THE SEVEN GALAXIES, SEEMS MILDY MIFFED AT LOSING OVER HALF HIS FLEET!

THE DREAD PIRATE KING COMET AWESOMEFACECOMET, SCOURGE OF THE SEVEN GALAXIES, AND WHAT REMAINS OF HIS FLEET OF SCURVY DOGS START HEADING TOWARD THE PLANET!

THE DOOMSHIPS START OPENING FIRE! SHOTS WILL START ARRIVING NEXT TURN!

You factories and construction bots continue constructing LEGION!, but this time with double the computing power!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:10:54 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62