Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I kind of, well, stuck (.12)  (Read 951 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
I kind of, well, stuck (.12)
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:49:51 pm »

I am in the middle of fighting of a Bronze Collosus with my group of a swordsman w/ bronze sword, countless children, and a bolt deprived XBowman. All of his parts are either broken or smashed open, except for it's feet. Several of my teammates are sitting on it, and beating it to death. I am currently lashing like crazy, and am keeping it from killing by latching onto every one of it's limbs. Only one child unconscious, everyone doing no damage at all except for me. I am using a bronze war hammer and a bronze whip. It's head is smashed open, it's still stick under a pile of children, and i've been fighting it for a while now. also, my fighting experience is...

AND THE FUCKING THING STILL WON'T DIE!!!!!!
So... does anyone have any tips for finishing it off?

EDIT: Well shit. A child got shot off the mountain and landed safely, but still stuck in a tree. The BC dodged away from an attack and landed on the ground a z-level below, ALIVE. And he's ignoring my grapples and kicking people. This is bad.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:55:14 pm by iceball3 »

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
Re: I kind of, well, stuck (.12)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 02:42:00 pm »

Wrestle it wrestle it so hard, and find some fluffy wamblers if no wamblers can be found I'm sure children can be substituted.

Other then that no idea I just use them for training it takes about 30 seconds to get wrestling up to legendary +200.

Since you can apparently damage it just lay down on the ground so it can't charge you and beat it till it dies of death.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:44:24 pm by Fanklok »
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

FFF-
He go the upper hand for the moment, killed 2 children, and smashed the spines of three others. May they be remembered for their valiant efforts. Now i only have 2 children left in full capacity, and two full capacity humanpeople. I fled for the moment. But by my experience, how much legendary + do i have?
Goal: get a hold of a 2 hand sword.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:06:02 pm »

Any blade should do it if he's that fractured, a dagger is just as good as a two-handed sword. Just keep whacking him until you cut him off at the throat or waist. Try to get steel or at least iron before you fight another one of those.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »

Hmm.. well i got a little sidetracked finding a good weapon and now i'm in a desert. Funny, everyone is strong enough to hold off a 3 GDS ambush with only a broken ear. Damn BC are great punching bags.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:58:14 pm »

Any blade should do it if he's that fractured, a dagger is just as good as a two-handed sword. Just keep whacking him until you cut him off at the throat or waist. Try to get steel or at least iron before you fight another one of those.
As of 31.xx, Bronze is better than iron.

Hmm.. well i got a little sidetracked finding a good weapon and now i'm in a desert. Funny, everyone is strong enough to hold off a 3 GDS ambush with only a broken ear. Damn BC are great punching bags.
Giant Desert Scorpions were nerfed in 31.xx, so now you can solo multiple. I don't know if you already knew this or not.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:03 am »

As of 31.xx, Bronze is better than iron.
you already knew this or not.

Steel, however, is still better than bronze.