Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anybody tell me the correct usages of the less-used item tokens?  (Read 848 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

In reactions, most reagents and products are simple to code, using the following format

[REAGENT:<name>:<quantity>:<item token>:<item subtype>:<material token>:<material subtype>]
or
[PRODUCT:<success chance(?)>:<quantity>:<item token>:<item subtype>:<material token>:<material subtype>]

HOWEVER, there are several item tokens listed in the String Dump for which the arguments "...:<item subtype>:<material token>:<material subtype>]" do not seem to apply, but which are not nearly generic enough to use no arguments at all.

From examining saved embark profiles, I've managed to at least work out that the correct arguments for the "PET" token are

"...PET:<creature name>:<caste? sex?>:<profession/unit type token>]"

BUT I have not been able to figure out the correct arguments for the following item tokens:

CORPSEPIECE
REMAINS
VERMIN
FISH_RAW
GLOB

I also can't figure out the difference between the "ROCK" and "BOULDER" tags or how to use the "POWDER_MISC" tag to specify the use of whatever type of sand is anailable instead of a specific type of sand designated by a specific "INORGANIC:<sand type>" argument

Can anybody help me with this???
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:24:43 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can anybody tell me the correct usages of the less-used item tokens?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:54 am »

anyone???
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:11:29 am »

To get remains in a reaction (i.e. if you want to turn them to something):
[REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

It takes the small "vermin" corpses.

To get bodyparts:
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][REACTION_CLASS:WHATYOUNEED]

So basically "USE_BODY_COMPONENT" defines that it's a bodypart, and then you should add WHATYOUNEED reaction class to those tissues you want to include.

GLOB is just a "type" of an object, like BOULDER or BAR.

I didn't try to work with CORPSEPIECE.

VERMIN I think works in the same way as PET, but the resulting creature is not "stray" (tamed).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:44:56 am »

[ROCK]s are the small rocks used in adventure mode and [BOULDER]s the big ones left over from mining in fortress mode.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:36:36 pm »

Oh, by the way, I just started a new game including a custom reaction that produces a pet as a product and it seems to have caused some mildly weird behavior even before trying to use the reaction. So now I realize that I may not understand that properly either...
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις