Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released  (Read 57468 times)

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:13 pm »

No! I just got a good fort going in 31.13 :<
I'll wait until it crashes and burns.
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »

Nice, but I do hope the Fortress mode were decently playable to the finish and not slow down to an unplayable crawl.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:47 pm »

So I can no longer assign hunting peasants to my fortress guards? Ah well, it's a small price to pay for update.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

This seems like a good compromise with the sprawl stuff, and I'm pleased there are options to control how pervasive it's allowed to be.  Thanks for the update :)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 03:02:18 am »

Does the immigrants now respect the max pop cap?

I didn't see something about resolving this little bug, neither on Mantis nor in the change list.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 03:50:49 am »

does therapist work with this version yet?
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:33 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:22:07 am by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 08:58:27 am »

Nice, but I do hope the Fortress mode were decently playable to the finish and not slow down to an unplayable crawl.

Most of the massive number of bugs in the tracker would need to be addressed before Fortress mode were decently playable.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:01:31 am by Malibu Stacey »
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:25 am »

He can only code so fast, guys.

srsly, it's not like any of the big box stores are ripping you off on this particular piece of software.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 10:39:39 am »

Problem is, he also code other things than bugfixes. Results, well, are... visible.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:00 am »

Actually, I'm not working on the Mac issues right now.

This is mainly due to not having a working mac. I'd love to, but it could take a while. And so..

Anyone know how to compile GCC on snow leopard such that the resulting libraries (libstdc++, libgcc, etc.) work on leopard/tiger? And willing to test the theory?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2010, 11:20:04 am »

Nice fixes!

But what about the economy... and the dungeonmaster!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2010, 11:36:05 am »

Problem is, he also code other things than bugfixes. Results, well, are... visible.
There lies the thing - in Toady's eyes, fortress mode as we know it is horribly incomplete and that bugs him more than what bugs we see at present. Given some features can't be 'fixed' until other features are added in, it makes sense to add the new content and only fix the critical bugs.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 11:47:31 am »

So stuff is broken, a bunch of stuff needs other stuff to unbrokenify, and bugs? its that pretty much it, Psieye?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure bugs define Dwarf Fortress... I don't see what's so special about this release over any other.

It's freaking alpha software.  It's still a 0.x version.  If the game breaking bugs were there in a 1.x software, I might be mad.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11