Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 15320 times)

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2011, 10:33:01 pm »

I'm having alot of fun with this game so far. Me and my small group (we have around 7 active), after living in our iron mine location for a bit, moved to a better location in a new supergrid with iron, copper, and tin ^^. We're now building up a small city.. Pretty fun.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »

Oh dont get me wrong, I had fun with it while i was trying to build stuff, but once you have built most everything, then what? It's kinda the carrot on the stick grind with no end-game raids to look forward to (or not).

To be honest, I am just jaded and painfully bored of MMORPGs completely. I just dont see the point, they all seem centered around some sort of grind towards the coveted things/skill/whatever you dont have yet. The entire game becomes a pursuit of whatever you dont have yet, like all these little trophies or small skill gains that bring you up to the next tier, which allows you to covet the next little trophy or skill, and so on.

It's not really just Haven and Hearth, there are way too many games that feature this sort of gameplay. At least Haven and Hearth allows you to build all sorts of stuff. Albeit it all looks the same and does the same thing as anyone elses stuff, it's still more free from than something like WoW.

Dont let m rain on any fun you all may be experiencing with this, I was just pointing out that the gameplay tends to bore lots of people after a bit and they seldom return until some new gamechanging features emerge.
I got nothing

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2011, 12:32:34 am »

To be honest, I am just jaded and painfully bored of MMORPGs completely. I just dont see the point, they all seem centered around some sort of grind towards the coveted things/skill/whatever you dont have yet. The entire game becomes a pursuit of whatever you dont have yet, like all these little trophies or small skill gains that bring you up to the next tier, which allows you to covet the next little trophy or skill, and so on.
Heh, there's this game that suffers from the same problem where you have to work several hours a day in order to get cash, which you need to maintain your character. Mostly people tend to try to work up extra cash to spend on minigames, or they pay for diplomas which can be used to get better jobs. Course when you get the diploma you wanted you wind up at your endgame people tend to have trouble finding stuff to do. Some people go about educating new players, others horde the money obsessively, but the question of what to do becomes pretty difficult to answer... A lot of people just try not to think about it.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2011, 12:48:08 am »

Where's the Bay 12 village?

How do I get there?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:24:39 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2011, 10:13:17 am »

Ya ducttape, It's gonna be far better after they implement the new updates, which scale gains with the amount you already have, removing alot of grind.  I beleive they are planning on working on combat quite a bit more, which will give the later game people a hell of alot more to do.  But anyways.
Anyone who wants to join New Castille, shall have to speak to Sonerhi.  We will have the new village idol up in a few days, at which point people will be able to join freely.
Nom nom nom

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »

Ronin,  I'm sending you a PM with some instructions and general info. It'll be good to see you in-game.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2011, 09:05:14 pm »

i think we should all wait until the new server is up, then dominate!

we could make a dominant foothold in the new world, expanding our nations!
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »

New server won't be for a while. There is a group of playtesters for the potential new systems that J&L want to change before a reset. They are not supposed to talk specifics, but it is not a soon to be thing, unless they do a wipe and regen without the changes, for some reason.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »

Though we really should make a all Bay12 town, central super-grid.  And take over the entire central continent.  All of us, even the ones who live on their own. 
Nom nom nom

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2011, 12:38:45 pm »

I don't know where I live :P

I just know that north of me is the only 'acre clay' land I spotted during all my travels.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2011, 12:40:01 pm »

Ya I meant when the new map comes out, that way we are on even footing with the rest of the player base.
Nom nom nom

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2011, 01:19:57 pm »

Heh, there's this game that suffers from the same problem where you have to work several hours a day in order to get cash, which you need to maintain your character. Mostly people tend to try to work up extra cash to spend on minigames, or they pay for diplomas which can be used to get better jobs. Course when you get the diploma you wanted you wind up at your endgame people tend to have trouble finding stuff to do. Some people go about educating new players, others horde the money obsessively, but the question of what to do becomes pretty difficult to answer... A lot of people just try not to think about it.

This RL joke is OLD HAT.
I got nothing

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2011, 11:58:44 pm »

This RL joke is OLD HAT.

Yeah. I hate how you really only get one spawn and then you either can't play anymore or you have to reinstall. Depending.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2011, 05:32:25 am »

Been thinking of starting some kind of Red vs Blue villages and get some newbies together for some skirmishes over the (Random Treasure Of The Week), firing slings and arrows and whacking eachother with fists and primitive weapons as both sides tries to overtake the other.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening soon because of Vigilantee rangers beating anyone who so much as farts a battery scent unto death.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2011, 06:20:19 am »

Also, found myself on the main map!

Three lakes east of Port Eryie, eastern part of sector 12, -104. A yellowish-land divided with a river.

In case someone will want to visit me, I have some medium-level (clay items, some tea, flour doughs) stuff to barter with.

Always looking for more carrots, plant fibres, wheat and milk :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:22:56 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11