Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 15327 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »

Actually, it is pretty easy to run so long as you have up to date drivers.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:56 pm »

is anything different lately (last 6 months or so). I dont wanna knock this game because I know some people like it, but the clicky grind and the griefing stuff was non-fun.

Did someone say they were trying the fix the clickity-click-click grindy stuff? I want to hear more about that.
I got nothing

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2010, 09:41:16 pm »

There have been... quite a few changes. Geeze, 6 months ago? There has been too much for me to sum up almost. You'd really have to trawl the announcements forum. The grind is sort of gone and sort of still here though. You still need to grind out LP, but with quality changes, near constant tweaks, and eating updates, the grind is almost negligible. Your LP and FEP gain scales up with the  amount you need to gain, as long as you are actually playing the game in a robust manner, or part of a village.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2010, 10:07:53 pm »

Actually, it is pretty easy to run so long as you have up to date drivers.
Yeah but I doubt that it's any less cpu intensive then before. It worked, but just barely. I doubt this one would even run.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 05:38:37 am »

I used to play this a really long time ago with a guy on this site. We got to the edge of the world once, but he was banned. :(
Wait, what? AFAIK nobody has ever been banned from the game itself, only from the forums, and even there it was only temporary bans.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2010, 02:22:12 pm »

I used to play this a really long time ago with a guy on this site. We got to the edge of the world once, but he was banned. :(
Wait, what? AFAIK nobody has ever been banned from the game itself, only from the forums, and even there it was only temporary bans.
No no. He was banned from these forums.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

To my two people, and everyone else in the village: My coach just jumped up my football schedule big time, so I've lost 3 hours of playtime each night. Don't worry if I'm not around quite as much as I'd like to be.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2010, 12:45:17 pm »

Okay, for Sonerohi and Nimble.

Which one of you has been messing up my stuff and stealing baskets from the newbie South of us?
I've moved my things South a bit, the 5X10 farm is mine, please don't touch it, the baskets at the South are mine, the crates to the South are mine ect. Please do not touch them. Also, my tanning tub has gone, where on Hearthlands is it?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 06:30:13 pm »

Anyone else getting errors on connecting to the website?

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »

Yeah, I can't connect to the site or the game..

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:01 am »

The sire is back up.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 01:10:32 pm »

Eh, bump.

This game is great! Try it!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2010, 01:34:39 pm »

Bump.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:56 am »

Update on my invitation to any B12ers. While travelling around as a hermit, I came across a small village on a river. The members were actually packing up to travel to a nearby mine as I spotted them, and they invited me to join up. Fast forward a week or two, and most of the other villagers are now inactive, and it's just me and two surviving people (who have become pretty close friends) who are now controlling an iron mine and (re)building a city around it.

However, the mine was previously claimed, and so we're still working to build enough banners to get rid of the territory. But, it isn't too much of a set back, as we're still able to collect iron from it. Also, we have confirmation from neighbors that the area is truly deserted, and has been so for quite a while (it should be obvious once you see the city--while we're actively working to restore it, much of it is still in ruins).

Basically, if you want to join a small community of friendly players and help create a new city, send me a pm.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:31 am »

What exactly are ancestors? I'm asking here because I can't connect to the HnH website right now, it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11