Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No caravan in autumn  (Read 364 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No caravan in autumn
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:01 am »

Started a new fortress in a world containing all civs. One of the first things I do on a new embark is go to the civ screen to see what underground goodies await me. I saw an olm man civ, but a dwarf civ wasn't listed there as it should be. A dwarf civ appeared on the list after I received migrants, but it has no important leaders. Then autumn came and went, and no caravan came. Help?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:28:54 am by EddyP »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: No caravan in autumn
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:38:06 am »

It would appear that your civilization is dead, although there's a lot of weirdness going on with civ populations in .13.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:45:57 am »

Abandoned the fort and dove into legends, and all it describes are a bunch of promotions and appointments, then a 200-year gap, the me founding the fortress.

Oseroin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »

Abandoned the fort and dove into legends, and all it describes are a bunch of promotions and appointments, then a 200-year gap, the me founding the fortress.

You were the last refugees of a dying civilization, trying to find a home. Kind of cool story, if you look at it that way, almost worthy of a movie or tv show.

Did you notice if the Cylons ever showed up on your map?  ;)