Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress MMO - Racoons...  (Read 14664 times)

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress MMO - Migrants have arrived!
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2010, 08:47:08 am »

TURN 3 – SUMMER/AUTUMN OF 151

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While Urist chopped down trees, Squeaky helped with building a trade depot. Meanwhile Chef butchered a less-than-perfect kitten that the migrants had brought along, after that he started brewing drinks. Giga was smoothing the room to the east.

Fivex was digging out Zasit’s rooms.

Squeaky helped with building Urist’s wooden rectangle.

Brisk set up a craftsdwarf’s workshop at Dariush’s dig site and started making rock crafts.

Zasit got her bedroom and mason’s workshop set up, and made various furniture.

Mosus was fishing by in the river. Asshole was hauling stuff around, waiting to get hold of a pick.

Soon enough, Chef’s plants were all gone, so he set up a farming plot to grow more. After that he processed the products from the butchered cat, and started hauling.

Fivex had finished the stairs down to the cavern, and built a hallway into it. Next she would build walls around the stairs leading down.

Squeaky had finished the wooden rectangle for Urist (I left one piece of wall suspended in case you wanted to put something inside). He spent the rest of the time hauling.

When Fivex was done with the walls around the stairs, she dug out some marble. Autumn was now here. After mining some marble, Fivex wanted to build a forge and make picks… but apparently no one brought an anvil.

Giga began to smooth the furnace area.

The cat gave birth to three kittens. One was deemed fit for breeding, the others were taken to the chopping block. Shortly after that three puppies were born, who all were too weak to live. Their lives were prolonged by Chef on break, though.

Eventually Chychi finished her coke making, so Fivex could begin smelting hematite. Chychi would have started making glass now, but there were no empty bags to collect sand in, so she started hauling.

Suddenly a couple of raccoons showed up. One of them ran into the kitchen and stole one of Chef’s superior roasts!

We’ll break here so you can decide what to do about the raccoon (and everything else). Remember, if you join the militia to attack the raccoon, you can never do any civilian labor ever again!

The status.

Here is a summary of the stocks screen:

The next turn will run until the trade caravan arrives (about one and a half month). I didn’t take any overview shots this turn since not much has changed that you haven’t seen already.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress MMO - Racoons...
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2010, 11:36:31 am »

CRAP! Continue with the plan.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2010, 01:26:07 pm »

My meat roasts....  ::)

Continue with dwarf selective breeding program aka butcher the weak & skinny and also continue with the planting outside crops and brewing.

Were the kittens and dog skins processed into leather?
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2010, 02:02:17 pm »

Wait patiently to be shipped to the fort.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2010, 02:21:56 pm »

Mosus is displeased that any kittens were slaughtered, but he supposes that the ones he eventually adopts will be even mightier!

1. Free all cats from cages.
2. I can't tell if we have any defenses at all where mosus can run if gobbos come.  If no, then stop fishing, turn on masonry, because we appear to have a ton of fish, and build a 4x4 wall out of stone, with an open space for a door, and take one of those doors, and install it.  Turn off masonry.
3. Build a carpenters workshop, (turn on carpentry), and make a bed and a few barrels.  Place the bed in my hut, and make that my room.  If you can set that as a danger burrow for my dude, then awesome. (turn off carpentry)
4. In the room, make a 2 space food stockpile that takes fish and raw fish, and a pile that takes booze, even though we don't have any.
5. Beg any dorf that can make booze to make some sweet, sweet, booze plz.
6. Return to fishing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:27:23 pm by mrbobbyg »
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2010, 02:38:45 pm »

Zasit will put the best examples of her handiwork into her bed-room, and give some to Fivex as well. She will help build Mosus's panic room.

And unless anybody has anything else I can help with, continue to do what she did last turn.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »

if this is still open, I'd like to be added to the waiting list.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2010, 06:10:11 pm »

FIVEX
Make some mechanisms  from stone(build a mechanic's worksop if one hasn't been made yet) and cages from wood then, and use those to make the traps
If traders come, haul crafts to the trade depot, and then trade them for a iron anvil. Let the broker do the rest of the trading.
Dig down to magma.
Then do what I was saying to do last turn, barring the iron mechanism/cage thing.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2010, 08:34:28 pm »

I think you can un-militia people...  or maybe that's just me.  Either way, I suppose it's not time yet for me to go full army.  I'll help Fivek by making cages from wood, traps from wood, and then turn on Mechanic so I can deploy the traps Fivex makes.  Please don't let me make traps though, I don't want to steal that thunder.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2010, 02:02:25 am »

BRISK BINDURN

Continue Make Rock Crafts jobs.

Don't worry, lads. The caravan is sure to bring an anvil.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »

I will be keeping up with this fascinating and original fort, and if you wouldn't mind, joining the waiting list for migrants.

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2010, 09:13:23 am »

Sure. Reservation list is updated.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 09:02:42 pm »

I would like to be added to the waiting list as well please.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2010, 10:34:45 pm »

I'd like to be on the waiting list as a dwarf who gets a possession mood during his time in the fort (name him after the mood is successful) and spends the rest of his life trying to replicate this quality of work (i.e. he makes an artifact then converts completely to that field, forgoing all other duties).
くコ:彡

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:00 am »

@Zaerosz

That'd be pretty hard to pull off... especially since by the time a dwarf gets a mood it's probably already claimed by someone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7