Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: While I wait for my first world  (Read 1271 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
While I wait for my first world
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:05:53 pm »

Thought I'd register for an account and say hi. I'm at (checks) year 1050 and I'm looking at a map called the Meandering Oars-Ocean. This game. Wow. I mean, words fail me and I'm a pretty cunning linguist and a master debater. This is everything I've ever wanted in a rougelike, and more. A whole civ sim? Fantasy history? Freaking water physics in a rougelike are you kidding me? Wow, this Meandering Oars-Ocean thing must be complicated. It's still working on it and I'm not the fastest typist. Oh wait, 'Onra Artuk, "The World of Tempests" has been created." It's done! Y'all probably won't hear from me for a while now while I figure this thing out. :)

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
Re: While I wait for my first world
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »

Don't dig too deep...

Dwarfnorris101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »

Uristisdying

• Bay Watcher
  • [WOTCHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:19:04 am »

cunning linguist
rougelike

Fun aside, may the cats be with you!
Never trust a grinning dwarf. It is always planning something.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:09 am »

master debater.

It's alright, we all do it in time.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:51:13 pm »

The only reason why I'm not knee deep in hippie limbs is because my laptop imploded and this piece of crap runs slower than hell.

Oh, and dig really deep.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »

Yeah, when it says "You have struck adamantine, praise the miners"? Mine as much of that stuff out as you can, it's the most valuable ore in the game by far and makes the best armor.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:49 pm »

Yeah, when it says "You have struck adamantine, praise the miners"? Mine as much of that stuff out as you can, it's the most valuable ore in the game by far and makes the best armor.
Yes, do dig it out whenever you can. There's absolutely no way digging it out can lead to Fun stuff.

Author's note: This text was found written on a burnt, torn, and soaked in blood piece of paper. Currently, the location of the creator of this text, Tarran, is unknown.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.