Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Troubles with farming  (Read 2161 times)

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with farming
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 01:28:55 am »

Everything grows fine for me. Well, too fine...
I removed every single tree from the map, I keep buying wood from every caravan, my copper barrel production is going frenzy.
I have 19k drinks now and my brewers keep crying for more barrels...
I caaaaaaaan't keep up T_T
Wish I could designate a room to be filled with alcohol and well over it.

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:02 am »

Everything grows fine for me. Well, too fine...
I removed every single tree from the map, I keep buying wood from every caravan, my copper barrel production is going frenzy.
I have 19k drinks now and my brewers keep crying for more barrels...
I caaaaaaaan't keep up T_T
Wish I could designate a room to be filled with alcohol and well over it.

First megaproject when other liquids are introduced.

It must be done.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 05:14:22 am »

If his FPS was slower, his dwarves wouldn't be starving.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:12:19 am »

Relative newbie here , but maybe his farms have dried up? Reirrigation?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 09:23:57 am »

slow not stopped.

Also "Usually one pops up every minute or so" sounds more like your farmer is planting the seeds a long time between each. That doesn't explain the slowness though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 10:13:28 am »

Well, things seem to have resolved themselves somehow. I'm still not seeing the growth speeding up, but apparently once I had enough to sate my starving dwarves, they stopped eating enough for the helmets to pile up.

Then everyone began to dehydrate because they were sick of wine and my well dried out. However I resolved that quickly by mass producing barrels and making another still.

I'm still not sure why the growth was so slow. I have like, 300 seeds, yet it seems like it takes so long to grow. In previous farms it look maybe 30 seconds for a helmet to sprout at most. Now it's two or three times longer.

Ah well, the problem no longer seems to matter.
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:33 am »

Well, things seem to have resolved themselves somehow. I'm still not seeing the growth speeding up, but apparently once I had enough to sate my starving dwarves, they stopped eating enough for the helmets to pile up.

Then everyone began to dehydrate because they were sick of wine and my well dried out. However I resolved that quickly by mass producing barrels and making another still.

I'm still not sure why the growth was so slow. I have like, 300 seeds, yet it seems like it takes so long to grow. In previous farms it look maybe 30 seconds for a helmet to sprout at most. Now it's two or three times longer.

Ah well, the problem no longer seems to matter.

I don't think it's ever been 30 seconds for a helmet to sprout for anyone. I think you get maybe 2-4 harvests per in-game season (that's 3 in-game months). If anything, that was probably a bug you had.
Pages: 1 [2]