Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ikod Cancels Building, Interupted by Batman -> Dwarves S  (Read 923 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ikod Cancels Building, Interupted by Batman -> Dwarves S
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »

Just because I don't think a building should be suspended JUST BECAUSE they encountered a wandering creature on their way there.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Ikod Cancels Building, Interupted by Batman -> Dwarves S
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

I'm hoping that dwarves will eventually be more pro-active in their duties and when we can let non-military dwarves hold weapons they can actually do something besides running away from a mole like a little girl.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:57:00 pm »

Yeah, but be scared shitless of a giant mole popping up, dude.  Don't act like you wouldn't be.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:38:00 am »

Frankly, I prefer it this way. If the dwarf didnt' suspend the building, they would just keep running towards it and into the animal again, and you'd get spammed with cancel job announments. Or dwarf death announcements.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 06:42:00 am »

I beleive that's the reason.

If you have a pack of wolves around your half built road...

What I don't like is the job suspension for something in a safe area (for example they're in the wilderness, and trying to build something in the fort, when they meet some animal)

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

Exactly.  Or something that isn't normally there.  At the time I think I was trying to build a farm in the cave I'd dug out.  They happily dug the cave, the water resovoir below it (and a couple empty levels in between where I found metals I wanted) and come and gone many a time.  As soon as they went to build the farm they encountered Batman and ran screaming.

Sophismata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draco18s:
<STRONG>As soon as they went to build the farm they encountered Batman and ran screaming.</STRONG>

I too would run if I had encountered The Batman.

Personally, I don't mind the suspension as much as my dwarves running like little girls from Rhesus Marquees. Also, for some reason my hunters load up with a single bolt before going out to fight, and end up wrestling wolves to death.

This resulted in a lot of deaths for me... except for my Expedition Leader, who started on deer. I eventually gave up on the crossbow, he couldn't hit a thing, but would sneak up behind BEARS and tear their heads off. Later on I found him dead, surrounded by wolf corpses... wish I'd seen the fight.