Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74

Author Topic: What would you do if...  (Read 45500 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do if...
« Reply #450 on: October 27, 2010, 01:38:51 am »

I'd be dead, duh.

What would you do if a colony ship from an unknown alien race offered you the chance to be part of a new (human) colony on a planet similar to earth?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 27, 2010, 06:01:46 am »

Accept, and then trigger total nuclear warfare as I was leaving.

What would you do if the Roman Legion was coming to pacify your revolt?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 27, 2010, 06:10:37 am »

- Move the camp. Our greatest strength would be that we know the region better than they do. We would always be able to stay ahead of them.
- Aim for their supply lines. While outright defeating their forces would be nigh impossible, we can destroy their morale and force them to abort their expedition.

What would you do if you were leading aforementioned Roman Legion?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:35 am »

Since I know how this goes, I'd find one of my devote followers who looks just like me, so they can get caught and publicly executed instead. I would then turn up some time later and claim to have returned from the dead. After which, I would write a code of religious and moral ethics weaved into stories, using all of my knowledge, and hoping it turns out better than last time. Too slow.

We already know the region, and can get a few locals to give us information regardless. We know that this revolt is active, so we work more defensively than normal; preferring to invest areas against any sorties. Our sorties find their store houses first and foremost, because unlike us, they don't have any supply lines or backup, and if they did, we can blockade the entire area. When we find the leader, we take him away, and kill him quietly. We also find all those who look like them and put them somewhere safe...for us, that is.

What would you do if you had lost spellbreaker, were out of throwing daggers, and an enemy mage had just spotted you?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 27, 2010, 08:07:26 am »

Run away. What else would a wizzard do?

WWYDI you were Sarda?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2010, 03:09:21 pm »

Twist the very fabric of reality to my selfish desires.
Like I do all the time.

What would you do if you teleported into the center of a mountain?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2010, 03:33:33 pm »

Nothing; I'd be unable to move.

What would you do if you had a dragon egg?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 27, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »

Pick a name, decorate their room, start a tuition fund, purchase unholy amounts of cleaning supplies. Kids take so much effort these days...

What would you do if your head's natural facing was directed behind you?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:03 pm »

(To Tarran's question:)
 Keep it warm while I scour the internet to see if its attributes match up with something someone thought of or claims to have seen, and if there's any information on what will come out. I will collect resources for each possibility below.
  If it's the Gaelic kind of dragon, from a being transformed by greed, I will wonder just what kind of greed made the egg, then preform something like parenting when it hatches. Kill it if things get bad.
  If it's the demonic kind (if perfect match, kill it in the egg), I will heavily restrain it before, and the instant it hatches to get a better identification, then kill it.
  If it's one of the newer kinds... there are far, far too many to make plans. If I get a scar on my hand by touching the egg, that's an instant identification right there. As is a profusion of tentacles at birth, a constant headache like a rock in my skull, or a light and constant smell of ozone.
  If it's a normal life form, I'll be more likely to remember to contact the more...sensible scientists and get some scans done and more efficient care. This action would be a wonderful launch into my career, if I took advantage of it.

(To RAM's question:)
 Adapt, perhaps use makeup and ~prosthetics to look normal, then freak people out very badly.

What you do if you had died violently, such as bleeding out (from gunshot) or drowning (from brake failure), but found you weren't physically impeded by this change?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:38 pm »

Be a zombie. Start doing suicidal stunts for money.

WWYDI you were a ghost that could only interact with anything by possessing it?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2010, 10:18:30 pm »

Become a professional spy, probably freelance, and go on holidays from time to time to check out hotspots like the CIA/FBI files on the Kennedy assassination and Area 51...

What would you do if you discovered that you were the end product of a eugenics program to create the perfect human?
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2010, 10:55:42 pm »

Tell them, in their own words, just how badly their project failed and they should just ignore me and go do something else.

Run away. What else would a wizzard do?
Yes, that's what a wizzard would do... Not a man who usually had Spellbreaker, throwing knives, and encounters hostile mages. That man probably would have whispered a quick prayer before charging with his rapier. He would then be in the halls of his goddess because that prayer gave her permission to kidnap him, for a job. Heh, Verra. More people need to read those books.

What would you do if you suddenly had an intense and primal feeling you had the same abilities as a zerg hive? (Appropriate for your size of course.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:00:41 am by Nivm »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 27, 2010, 11:55:48 pm »

Spawn more overlords.

What would you do if you were an Ork? (WH40K version)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 28, 2010, 12:15:34 am »

Contract the Terminator virus, get some custom Eldar powered armour, assimilate a decapitated Necron body, tame one of those giant Kroot things, have an Imperial Guard vehicle built around it, commandeer one of those giant Tyranid colony-ships, then replace the Emperor with a fused mass of Ork and use the Emperor's gear to Transmit the WAAAAAAAGH across the warp.

What would you do if you caught a disease that would slowly but surely turn you into a perfect physical and mental duplicate of Captain Kirk from Star Trek?
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #464 on: October 28, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »

Eject my consciousness into a robot and kill the abomination before it get's out to the open world.

WWYDI you woke up all covered in fully healed but clearly visible scars all over?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74