Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74

Author Topic: What would you do if...  (Read 45473 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do if...
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2010, 12:17:13 am »

KILLEMALL

What would you do if cookie prices fell 95%
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2010, 12:18:37 am »

I'd play them all for the first time again because all the saved game data stored in my brain was also wiped.

:o that would be so awesome!!!
think of learning to play df again.......

DOUBLE POST

FOR GREAT JUSTICE
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2010, 12:43:48 am »

There's an edit button you know, it's meant to be used, especially since your posts are only one minute apart. ::)

I would buy a large supply of my favorite cookies.

What would you do if you had five seconds to live?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:14 am »

Shrug, and try to say something ironic.

What would you do if you had 24 extra hours in your tomorrow?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:19 am »

Shrug, and try to say something ironic.

What would you do if you had 24 extra hours in your tomorrow?

Probably a lot of math, some movie-watching, and a bunch of house-cleaning.

Given the choice between happiness on the condition of stupidity, and great genius combined with terrible depression, which would you choose?

I'd prefer it if you didn't take a third option.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2010, 01:21:35 am »

This question feels familiar.

I'd take terribly-depressed genius over happy stupidity any day. I'm familiar enough with the depression, and you can always wear a jovial mask for long enough that no one can tell; given enough time and distractions, you can even fool yourself into forgetting. Also, if there's one thing I fear more than anything else, it's the loss of my mind, and mental faculties. Alzheimer's scares the crap out of me.

If the whole world could know you for two traits, one being your greatest Gift, and the other your greatest Fault, what would you be known for?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2010, 01:23:15 am »

Gift for blowing shit up.

Succubi or Amazonians?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:23 am »

Gift for blowing shit up.

Succubi or Amazonians?
Amazonians

What would you do if Toady One wasn't the real programmer of Dwarf Fortress and it turned out that he had thousands of slaves working on the game?

Cairon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2010, 02:04:26 am »

Wonder why the **** he hired thousands of monkies with typewriters...

What would you do if space monkies invaded your house, and ate all of your bananas?
That's no moon...  It's a mountainhome.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2010, 02:07:06 am »

Laugh at them for invading my house, because I don't have any bananas.  Stupid space monkeys should get better intel.

What would you do if you were a Jehovah's Witness who got turned into a vampire, but still retained your former beliefs?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:09 am »

I would renounce and change my inconvenient beleifs, otherwise i would starve.

what would you do if a paraplegic was drowning in a dangerous river, and nobody was watching.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2010, 03:16:26 am »

After hearing the person's calls for help, I would dive in with a couple other people and drag the person out.

What would you do if your body had this odd, and unpredictable tendency to liquefy into an animate liquid similar to a water elemental?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2010, 03:35:43 am »

I'd attempt to master it and become WATERMAN.

What would you do if you woke up, and found an especially attractive member of the opposite sex in your bed, and if that person related to you a tale of sex, drugs, wine and giving a blowjob to a middle-aged business executive from Hawaii?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2010, 07:15:14 am »

Realise that it was tuesday.

What would you do if an army of otherwise intangible gremlins decided to play practical jokes on you for the rest of your life?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2010, 11:07:22 am »

Set up video cameras everywhere and make a fortune off video of things levitating.

What would you do if the moon grew a large angry face and started to fall?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74