Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick raw fiddling question  (Read 561 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
quick raw fiddling question
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:08:59 pm »

I was curious how i could mod out metal clothes wearing out(if i can't just do metal ones, then all is fine, though i would prefer to specify metal clothes only) and remove all non-metal equipment from goblins/humans/elves.

Thanks in advance.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick raw fiddling question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:14:22 pm »

the non-metal stuff is easy, just take away the clothing tag in the entity file for those races.

the wear thing... dunno bout that one.  I nelieve item wear is hard coded.  what you van do i put in custom reactions that will "repair" items (i.e. take old ones and make new ones) or recycle metal clothing back to cloth or even threads.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:49:04 am »

the non-metal stuff is easy, just take away the clothing tag in the entity file for those races.

the wear thing... dunno bout that one.  I nelieve item wear is hard coded.  what you van do i put in custom reactions that will "repair" items (i.e. take old ones and make new ones) or recycle metal clothing back to cloth or even threads.

That is going to get rid of SOO many pointless dumbass hauling jobs. Is there any way to prevent leather/cloth "armor" as well? Namely i see a lot of leather on archers and cloth caps are always worn by certain modded races i have in at the moment.

Also, I'll write some reaction for metal clothes, probably in the smelter since that has it's own file.

Thanks!
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:55:48 am »

Caps and helms (and whatever else besides) are designed so that it's possible to make them out of metal or leather. You can remove this functionality by getting rid of the METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS tag in the item entry.

Note that this will stop you from making the item out of leather as well - this can be circumnavigated by making new item entries which mimic whatever you want to get rid of, removing the METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS tag from those instead of the original entry, then giving the other civs the new item instead of the original one (while keeping the dwarf entry the same as it is). This way you'll end up with everyone except dwarfs only making metal helms (a side effect of this is that the "helms" used by other races won't be the same helms used by dwarf civs, as they're different items even if they look identical. This can't be avoided).

The other stuff is probably just leather clothing. You won't be able to stop them using it without getting rid of it entirely.