Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elephant leather love  (Read 905 times)

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elephant leather love
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

Anyone else think that a creature's size should determine how much leather you get from it?  I've been thinking on it and there's really no 'easy' way of doing it outside of adding a couple more leather material templates with different tan_mats and adding a creature var template or two for different size creatures and then manually adding the vars to the vanilla creatures and making new tanning reactions for the new tan_mats to spit out multiples.

I guess could also just take the automatic off the tan a hide reaction and then put in a bunch of custom reactions (one per large creature) to make multiple leathers... those could be auto since they's be specific.  You'd just have to remember to manually tan hides for other regular sized creatures.

Any ideas?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Elephant leather love
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:48 am »

I think adding different skin tissues (not materials) on each bodypart of the large creature should do it. If it still only yield one skin you might have to add new materials too. This can all be automated fairly easily in the body plan files, and shouldnt have anywhere near the ingame hassle.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!