Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are the nobles of your civilisation the same as the ones that migrate to you?  (Read 593 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First of all, I have not truly had a successful fort since 40d, as I had difficulties with the interface and couldn't quite find a good build site. However, I'm currently choosing a civilisation based around the awesomeness of their monarchs, but what does bite at me slightly is the idea that the outpost liason will ultimately become the advisor. I must therefore ask you chaps: will the diplomats, outpost liasons and generals of my parent civilisation eventually migrate to my fortress, as would a king? I've found a general here called Ushrir Axegleam after all, and I don't really want to miss out on this chance.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can get nobles to migrate at all, that's an achievement we still don't see regularly.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can get nobles to migrate at all, that's an achievement we still don't see regularly.

So we are largely unaware of the developments based on our lack of noble immigrants?

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile

I guess the nobles migrating in would probably be the ones from your home civ. Best thing you can do is give it a go and find out.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nobles are buggy at the moment.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps I should have explained that I was not using .13, I had decided to use .12 until DF was stabilised again. The reason for this thread was simply that I didn't really like the outpost liason for the best civilisation I could find, and I am thus contemplating an assassination. If I do this, and have no outpost liason as a result, I do not think I would be very happy.