Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Live-A-Live  (Read 1686 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Live-A-Live
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:32:12 am »

So has anyone here heard of Live-A-Live. Its a super nintento system game that wasn't exported from japan. In rom form it has been translated to english. The game itself is a mixture of genres for example one chapter is a traditional RPG when another one may be a puzzle game of sorts. Don't spoil anything, im not finished and I want to be surprised.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Live-A-Live
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:37:20 am »

:P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:03:34 pm »

:P
Really?
I can't believe that's what you took away from the ending. I always thought that
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:04:22 pm »

Ha Ha.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:07:35 pm »

This game was strange to me, although I'll need to play through it again as it has been a while.

And the title always annoyed me slightly, as I saw the title was supposed to imply the backwords form of Live that is Evil, but the way they pull it off left me disgruntled that the english language should be set up so the whole thing is more elegant.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »

Hmmm. I'm now going though rage levels of insanity at finding

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

So has anyone here heard of Live-A-Live.
Me, me! I couldn't get the wild-west tune out of my head for weeks after playing.  ;D
Also didn't finish it, though, don't know wh... ooh a shiny object!

edit: and yes, I've heard the theme to Good, Bad & Ugly, it just isn't the same.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:15:55 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:37:15 pm »

I played the robot part. Note: Dont play at night :S

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 04:22:13 pm »

Live-a-Live is amazing and badass. Kung Fu Chapter is my favorite, but purely because I love Kung-Fu flicks.

The game is just chilling in general.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 05:03:57 pm »

I played the robot part. Note: Dont play at night :S

Seriously. Well, actually, the Robot part and the Ninja part should both be played at night for optimal fun. The rest don't matter too much, but wow are they all amazingly well done.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:32:46 pm »

SCIENCE FICTION CHAPTER IS BEST CHAPTER.

I will accept no arguments.

Caveman chapter is adorable.  I saved it for last, though, and I can't finish it because I refuse to progress before finding the Mammoth King and getting his magic fancy spellrock, but I never could, and then I gave up.  :\

Also, this game has awwwwesome boss music.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 06:40:10 pm »

Anyone else wish this system was available for easy modding? It feels like it could be an incredible system to do so much. Heck, the game kinda feels like a tech demo showing how polished it could be with so many different genres.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:51 am »

SCIENCE FICTION CHAPTER IS BEST CHAPTER.

I will accept no arguments.

Caveman chapter is adorable.  I saved it for last, though, and I can't finish it because I refuse to progress before finding the Mammoth King and getting his magic fancy spellrock, but I never could, and then I gave up.  :\

Also, this game has awwwwesome boss music.
PushPush baby. That and Lv 16, but no spellrock, I still have the other magical rock.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:51 am »

My god, I played this years and years ago. I ought to replay it, it was pretty short and incredibly fun. Robot chapter was the best chapter, also thought the Kung-Fu and Wild West chapters were really original and fun ideas. Actually, most chapters were original ideas, just though those were the most fun. Great game.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:26:13 am by kinseti »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 03:41:19 am »

AGTP recently pushed out a new patch for it. Extremely well done. Professional grade I would say, except that would be an insult to him.
Pages: [1] 2