Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Flirting  (Read 14586 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Flirting
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:48 am »

I think a girl may be flirting with me, but I'm not sure if she is.

I'm horribly inexperienced with girls, so how do I tell if she really is flirting with me, or is it all just in my head?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Flirting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:10:04 am »

I'm horribly inexperienced with girls, so how do I tell if she really is flirting with me, or is it all just in my head?
What exactly is she doing?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:11 am »

What exactly is she doing?

Waving to me every time she sees me, telling me that she doesn't have a homecoming date yet. I'm not sure if she was hinting that she wanted me to ask her or not.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:23:55 am »

Are you guys friends? Does she ever talk to you about her love life? If the answer is yes, she's not flirting, you're just deep in the friend zone and there's no way out of there. If you haven't been hanging out much before this, than she is is flirting.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:25:49 am »

I've known her for about a week.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:11 am »

How popular are they?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:44:14 am »

Waving to me every time she sees me, telling me that she doesn't have a homecoming date yet. I'm not sure if she was hinting that she wanted me to ask her or not.
DUDE! Are you trolling? OF COURSE she wants to be asked.

Of course, there is no way of telling from here whether or not she'll actually want to go out with you, but the first time she says "I dont have a date" you're _supposed_ to say "I can't believe it, how can a wonderful (<- sounds weird in english, for my non-native ears, might have to look for another adjective) girl like you NOT have a date already?!? Let me ask you out! (Or however you put that in english)"

Personally, over the years, I have found that being straightforward and honest about almost anything (at least if you can gather the stones to be that way... I don't manage to pull it off _all_ the time) is the best way to go with people anyway. So just talk to her about you being horribly inexperienced and all the stuff that comes from it and things should clear up.

Because if you drive her away by being yourself, what are you going to do with her anyway? Answers that involve shovels dont count.

If you, however, need to get laid badly, NO MATTER WHAT, you should learn the fine arts of saying what women want to hear. If you're looking for a more.... meaningful relationship with a girl, you should just be who you are, imho, no matter how awkward.

I still call troll, btw, no offense.

Signed,
 the Puck, fixing computers and getting you laid since 1995 ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:46:36 am by Puck »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:46 am »

Did you not read:

I'm horribly inexperienced with girls

I can read signals about as well as a blind man. Anyways, I'll ask her after I go back to school. I'm still stuck at home. Dammit, I hate nausea and pain combined.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:03:00 am »

You're in then. Just don't wait for a perfect opportunity to ask her out or any crap like that, hesitation is the biggest turn-off for women.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:03:45 am »

You're in then. Just don't wait for a perfect opportunity to ask her out or any crap like that, hesitation is the biggest turn-off for women.

So you mean, just ask over facebook chat?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:08:40 am »

Well, a *bit* of waiting doesn't hurt, I guess. These things are better done in person. You do see her in school every day, right?

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 09:17:30 am »

Alas, I must link myself to my sad thread post:
Had surgery for the first time yesterday... Now I have pain in my knee unless I take 2 narcotic strength painkillers.

I'm out of school at least until Thursday, and maybe longer.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:19:35 am »

Did you not read:

I'm horribly inexperienced with girls
So just talk to her about you being horribly inexperienced and all the stuff that comes from it and things should clear up.
I did, I did.

At any rate, if you're sick and can't ask her out right now, maybe you should call her to do so. Or else somebody else might take their chance ;) If you just had surgery, maybe you can even ride up to the school in a wheelchair and promise her you'll be walking when the date-thingie comes up. And ask her out in the same time. Brucewillisish injuries can be sexy, if you pull it off just right :D

Also, if you can stomach rejection just fine, there is basically nothing that can go wrong when it comes to flirting. For every perfect guy there is one girl that just doesnt want to be talked to right now/is stuck up/whatever. So no matter how good you get, you'll get rejected ever so often. So just dont care about it and have fun, I'd say.

Oh btw... I too read signals like a blind man, still. I'm not into signals, I basically force myself to ignore them, at times. I'm straightforward, I tell women what I want/need. I freak a lot of them out that way, but I dont care (well I do, sometimes :D but I still wouldnt want to have it otherwise). In my personal experience, women that need to play games and cannot communicate their needs have a high rate of batshit insanity, insecurity and are generally uninspired in bed. Of course, not all of them, but more than the "I can communicate using language"-types. I had my share of playing games and signalling when I was a teenager, I'm done.

edit: on the contrary, non verbal communication, or signalling as a whole, can be hella sexy :D For instance, a girl that is "wiggling her tail" at you when walking off, makin you ask yourself whether or not she is aware that she... rawr... where was I?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:26:06 am by Puck »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:33 am »

The funny thing is that girls ask whether guys are flirting with them much more than the other way around.

Whether or not it's in your head, you look less stupid for assuming that they are :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:49:59 am »

Hit her over the head with a rock. That always worked in th' old days.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13