Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mountainhome Questions...  (Read 1658 times)

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mountainhome Questions...
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:00:33 am »

So, my fortress has just become a Mountainhome, queen and all.

...What now? What happens if she dies? What happens if I abandon? Does it remain live? Does the queen flee? Does the kingdom collapse?

So many questions!!!

Urist McIsaac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mountainhome Questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:08:59 am »

I've been waiting for my King for a while. I have enough exported wealth and created wealth I'm pretty sure. I had 100 dwarfs, a few got killed in a cave in, leaving a baby an orphan and a gimp (More stories of Gimpy The Orphan as they come). How many roads do I need? I have a large road made of mica and a few small ones made of adamantine, rose gold, gold, and sliver. I also have a heck load of adamantine statues outside. Is my fort not majestic enough or am I missing a key part to becoming a mountainhome.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:09:25 am »

I've been waiting for my King for a while. I have enough exported wealth and created wealth I'm pretty sure. I had 100 dwarfs, a few got killed in a cave in, leaving a baby an orphan and a gimp (More stories of Gimpy The Orphan as they come). How many roads do I need? I have a large road made of mica and a few small ones made of adamantine, rose gold, gold, and sliver. I also have a heck load of adamantine statues outside. Is my fort not majestic enough or am I missing a key part to becoming a mountainhome.

You also need to send enough bribes. And check the nobles screen for "requirements for becoming capital -screen" whether you've satisfied everything.
Also fixing king, his consort, kids, etc. court people with imperial enough rooms in advance is a smart move.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:34 pm »

Wow, thread derail.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:31 pm »

If she dies, no clue. If you abandon, the fort continues without your guidance.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »

Wait, I abandon and it continues on?! But... This fortress was meant to be the perfect adventurer's haven... Filled with monsters and adamantine weapons!

The queen must die.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 05:24:50 pm »

Wait, I abandon and it continues on?! But... This fortress was meant to be the perfect adventurer's haven... Filled with monsters and adamantine weapons!

The queen must die.
Just wall her into her room and then abandon ... you should be able to "visit" her in adventure mode that way.  :o
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 05:34:41 pm »

Unless it's changed in .31, abandoning a fort with a monarch will still result in an abandoned fort. There's a chance that the group previously occupying it will immediately resettle, but it's not guaranteed.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »

I'm surprised to hear some people claiming that a fort can continue after the player abandons it. I'd certainly like to see evidence of this happening, since I'd like my successful forts to continue after I finish my megastructures or get bored (unless I feel like peeking into the circus tent), possibly improving my dwarves'/kobolds' place in the world.

That, and having my kobold adventurers stealing artifacts from occupied fortresses could be more, well, fun.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

MW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 01:47:50 am »

I'm surprised to hear some people claiming that a fort can continue after the player abandons it. I'd certainly like to see evidence of this happening, since I'd like my successful forts to continue after I finish my megastructures or get bored (unless I feel like peeking into the circus tent), possibly improving my dwarves'/kobolds' place in the world.

That, and having my kobold adventurers stealing artifacts from occupied fortresses could be more, well, fun.

One time on a succession game at another forum, we made a parallel save and checked to see what it would be like in adventurer mode (before all the HFS nonsense). We got evidence that the fort did in fact continue on, but in a very strange way. Stupidstumps of Sutter was abandoned, and when an adventurer arrived, everyone was still there.

... dead. As soon as the adventurer spawned, Goblins attacked and stole all the fortress' food supplies. They died of famine.