Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Charcoal Bug(?)  (Read 7298 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Charcoal Bug(?)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 12:05:50 pm »

It's possible that the smelter is caching the result of the last "do I have available fuel?" check so as to reduce the lag generated from (q)uerying the building (since it does cause noticeable lag compared to other buildings), but it's caching it for too long - this may also explain why other people occasionally have the smelter stop listing certain reactions for which all of the ingredients are present (i.e. it's caching all of the others checks as well).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »

I've tried building walls out of the charcoal and deconstructing, the workshop still shows no fuel source.

The thing that bothers me is that if I make a fresh piece of charcoal and don't have it moved to a stockpile, it registers to the smelter as a fuel source, I can then put some ore smelting processes on REPEAT and the worked will go grab coal from my stockpile, and my forge doesn't show any errors and also works properly, which leads me to believe it's a problem with smelters in general.

Ah!  This is the post my brain decided to skip!  It does look like a problem with smelters.  If it was an issue with charcoal, you wouldn't be able to "prime" the stockpile usage as described above.  It's as if the charcoal has a "dirty" flag set that the smelters see as forbidden during the initial sweep to determine if fuel is available.  Or, Toady is keeping a flag for available fuel, and it's not being reset by reclaiming charcoal and only being used when determining if a job can be added to the smelter.  Out of curiosity, will adding jobs via the manager screen work?

No worries about being snippy, I was being pretty passive-aggressively obnoxious myself.  :)

edit- Ninja'ed!  ;)

Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »

I feel this thread has probably confirmed this is a bug and not my own mis-doing, to get around it I've simply made a new piece of charcoal, selected my smelter and added the tasks I want on repeat, now I'm just suspending them when I have enough bars and re-enabling them when I require more.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 12:29:13 pm »

did you ever try setting coal production through the manager? soap has a similar problem

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 12:38:45 pm »

did you ever try setting coal production through the manager? soap has a similar problem

Now you're just trying to get on my nerves, did you even read the OP?  Or my last post saying I've decided this is a bug and something I can't fix?

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 12:43:49 pm »

Now you're just trying to get on my nerves, did you even read the OP?  Or my last post saying I've decided this is a bug and something I can't fix?

fine, set whateverthefuckyoouwantsmelted through the manager. I'm trying to narrow down the bug, calm the hell down >.>

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 12:46:37 pm »

fine, set whateverthefuckyoouwantsmelted through the manager. I'm trying to narrow down the bug, calm the hell down >.>

No, I don't use the manager, I shouldn't have to, you can hardly help "narrow down the bug" if you haven't even read the thread properly, can you.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 12:58:26 pm »

No, I don't use the manager, I shouldn't have to, you can hardly help "narrow down the bug" if you haven't even read the thread properly, can you.

O, sry Urist McAss, I got a small detail wrong, my bad, you gonna flunk my reading test?

ANYWAY, soap making wont list the reaction unless you use the manager first, have you even tried it? or are you just gonna keep making snarky comments?

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 01:08:50 pm »

You should try reclaiming the charcoal through d-b-c after you unforbid the materials.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:04 pm »

Someone already suggested that I think.

It's also in the OP I believe

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 01:19:02 pm »

facepalm   ::)

You're not too quick.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 01:26:08 pm »

You're not too quick.

inform me then, is it not in the OP? looks like it is to me.

Will you stop being an ass and actualy respond to the topics/questions? you may be resigned to the fact that it's a bug, some of are still curious.

Answer our questions and stop snarking, or gtfo, ass.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »

You're not too quick.

Will you stop being an ass and actualy respond to the topics/questions? you may be resigned to the fact that it's a bug, some of are still curious.

Your questions are the only ones I haven't answered, boss.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 01:32:32 pm »

You're not too quick.

Your questions are the only ones I haven't answered, boss.

Then would you answer it? I was only making a simple suggestion.

Another thing, why is it that everytime I ask something you just make some pointless comment instead of answer it? Why do you have to keep being a certain building destroyer from gobbo sieges? Do you not understand the questions?

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 01:47:15 pm »

I know, I was trolling OP because he is acting like a douche.

Friendly-fire  :(

Odd to me that in trying to be completely unhelpful, I get ignored, but in actually trying to help OP he treats you as he does. I suppose that's ironic.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:50:34 pm by DukeOfVandals »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4