Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863780 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2490 on: August 07, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

Am I correct that Spinterz'es and Standard DT are not yet compatable with the current version of df?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 08, 2012, 02:26:39 am »

They've been compatible since the day the new DF was released...
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 08, 2012, 05:41:45 am »

new version is up!

• preferences (drink, items, materials, etc.) have been added
  • preferences can be viewed multiple ways:
    • simple list in the tooltip
    • in the dwarf details pane (grouped by type). note: this is hidden by default, it's at the very bottom, drag it up to see it
  • a new dockable window has been added to show all preferences of the current population, and their respective likes/dislikes. selecting preferences will filter the view to only show those dwarfs who have the preference. this filtering should also work in conjunction with any currently running scripts.
  • added file->snapshot menu to take a snapshot image of the current view

Project Home // Download

let me know what you think. i'm concerned with the tooltips getting too large with all the additional information, so i'm considering putting in options to choose which information is shown in the tooltips.

please report any bug reports and i'll fix things up asap.
so u are the new guy in charge of the project? :) welcome, sir :)
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2493 on: August 08, 2012, 05:42:47 am »

it would be nice to see it from the details pane from the grid view, rather than having to look at details  (but I bet that's crowded already... a slider bar would be nice).

which grid view are you talking about here? labour, military, etc. views? a slider bar where?

Also... it would be nice to have some of grid view of those numbers if possible... I'm so new to this concept Preferences

well the dock window is for showing each preference and how many like/dislike it. the problem with creating columns in a new view is that it's not really practical as there are so many and often times a preference only belongs to a single dwarf. i debating on generating histograms, but again, so many of them only have a single count.

so preferences might be useful for filling mayor's orders... I get it...

yeah, or who should be an engraver, or what booze will give you the most happy thoughts, etc.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:39 am »

The pop up pane when u hover your cursor over a dorf is the area i was referring to for the slider bar. The one that shows the top x number of roles.

I was also speaking of a preference 'grid view'. Basically a grid view where the top column are the preference items and the rows are the dorfs
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:18:42 pm by thistleknot »

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 09, 2012, 03:02:02 am »

Could someone upload splinter's dwarf therapist to mediafire? I can't use rapidshare

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2496 on: August 09, 2012, 05:30:17 am »

Could someone upload splinter's dwarf therapist to mediafire? I can't use rapidshare

i'll start uploading again to mediafire as well now that they seem to have fixed their site's issues. here is the mediafire download link to the most recent version.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 09, 2012, 10:13:09 am »

i'll start uploading again to mediafire as well now that they seem to have fixed their site's issues. here is the mediafire download link to the most recent version.

Thanks!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #2498 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11:41 am »

Any particular reason that you don't want to use the Dwarf Fortress File Depot? It's kind of what it was designed for.

Alternatively, it seems that DwarfEngineer seems to have wondered off, but perhaps you could merge your branch into the main branch and use the Google Code page for development and hosting?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2499 on: August 09, 2012, 12:40:23 pm »

Any particular reason that you don't want to use the Dwarf Fortress File Depot? It's kind of what it was designed for.

Alternatively, it seems that DwarfEngineer seems to have wondered off, but perhaps you could merge your branch into the main branch and use the Google Code page for development and hosting?

i've always had terrible download speeds on dffd, but this is small enough it wouldn't be a bad idea... i believe it is planned to merge at some point, originally when i was finished up with the new features... which just kept growing :D

i don't have any access to the main branch so it'll be up to DwarfEngineer to perform the merge whenever he's got time and if he wants to.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 09, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »

i don't have any access to the main branch so it'll be up to DwarfEngineer to perform the merge whenever he's got time and if he wants to.
I don't know why he wouldn't wanna merge, your branch is awesome ;)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 09, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »

At the risk of looking dumb, is there a native version of Dwarf Therapist for Linux? I download the supposed Windows SDL & Linux version, but it just opens in Wine and doesn't see a running version of Linux DF. Do I need to compile it by hand, or is this just a case of me being dumb?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 11, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »

At the risk of looking dumb, is there a native version of Dwarf Therapist for Linux? I download the supposed Windows SDL & Linux version, but it just opens in Wine and doesn't see a running version of Linux DF. Do I need to compile it by hand, or is this just a case of me being dumb?
What distro are you on? It is packaged for some distroes (I maintain it for archlinux)

@splinterz

There is a problem with 'DFInstanceLinux::find_running_copy'. It naively calls `pidof` which doesn't exist on all systems, which causes it to error. For some reason the app then later still tries to ptrace(..., m_pid, ...) without checking its value , which since it has been initialized to 0, fails horribly. (disclaimer: I suck at c++ so my mind might have failed to parse the code correct)
Edit: best way to get the pid is probably to trawl /proc, it's fast and doesn't rely on anything external.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:02:17 pm by Mr.Elendig »

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 12, 2012, 11:18:02 am »

What distro are you on? It is packaged for some distroes (I maintain it for archlinux)

Ubuntu. I can't seem to find a package, but I'm also not sure where I'd look, either.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 12, 2012, 12:23:23 pm »

splintermind-attributes is fairly easy to compile by hand. Just clone the hg repo and run qmake && make  (you need qt4 devel headers etc ofcourse)

If you need help poke me in #dwarffortress on freenode

ppa would be the place for look for packages, but the last time I checked noone had packaged it yet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:25:20 pm by Mr.Elendig »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 192