Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863826 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2460 on: July 21, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »

bug

here's the upload (masterwork)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cvgcr2mcmwrc1n5

so, when I add Ber Ebalreg to the squad "Scars of Shielding", crash of DT

yeah that dwarf is apparently assigned to a squad which no longer exists. had you assigned/unassigned him to squad(s) before updating to the latest DT build? regardless here's the fix:

download

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 21, 2012, 07:36:23 pm »

I ws using latest build and no.  All w latest build (I don't believe he was assigned to a squad before attempting to assign him to a new squad, I had removed all dwarf's from squads and began assigning them).

btw, things are slow... i'll assign 20 dwarf's, and it's slow...  it might be my pc and game, but things are sluggish.  Taking me about 5x as long to assign my dwarf's

update:
nm, throttlestop put an end to that
bug

here's the upload (masterwork)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cvgcr2mcmwrc1n5

so, when I add Ber Ebalreg to the squad "Scars of Shielding", crash of DT

yeah that dwarf is apparently assigned to a squad which no longer exists. had you assigned/unassigned him to squad(s) before updating to the latest DT build? regardless here's the fix:

download
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:18:46 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:19 pm »

can you do a right click assign to noble position like you did with military?

that would be awesome!

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 21, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

OK, here you go.  It's at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6695  with the heading: splinterz DT crash savegame chromasphere

alright so the problem was due to names belonging to invalid languages. i suspect this is due to your modding, so you may want to look into it further. what DF does (and now DT too) in this case is uses the last language as it can't find the correct one. so in your current for you've got a bunch of creatures either without last names or with 'void language' last names.

i've updated the source and the packaged file for this issue.

Thank-you so much.  I'm sorry for getting you to spend time on a problem that was due to my modding and not DT itself.  I appreciate your time and patience... and fix!  :D
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 22, 2012, 12:28:32 am »

can you do a right click assign to noble position like you did with military?

that would be awesome!
That would be great :)
I recently discover you can assign dwarfs to squads like that, that's such a time saver... if only you could create squads right in DT, that would be even better ^^

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 22, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »

Hello! I've created a bash script to automatically download and build Dwarf Therapist in case the binary packages are not sufficient. This might help people who are running older versions of Ubuntu or those who use non-Debianlike distros. I hope it's okay if I post it here.

See the second entry in my post here for the script.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »

I've started using the splinterz clone, and so far love the additions made. However, there is one piece of information that I think should be vital to the roles system that I haven't been able to find; preferences. Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong place, but being able to find a dwarf's preferences somewhere through therapist would be amazing. The effect it has on the quality of items produced is rather profound, and is often the deciding factor when I choose dwarves for specific roles in the fort. Aside from that minor request, loving the work put into it! Awesome job, really. :D

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: July 26, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »

I've started using the splinterz clone, and so far love the additions made. However, there is one piece of information that I think should be vital to the roles system that I haven't been able to find; preferences. Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong place, but being able to find a dwarf's preferences somewhere through therapist would be amazing. The effect it has on the quality of items produced is rather profound, and is often the deciding factor when I choose dwarves for specific roles in the fort. Aside from that minor request, loving the work put into it! Awesome job, really. :D

Is this what your referring to? (excerpt from v16 synoposis)

* added grouping by moodable skill
* highest moodable skill is highlighted in the dwarf details pane

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2468 on: July 26, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »

Is this what your referring to? (excerpt from v16 synoposis)

* added grouping by moodable skill
* highest moodable skill is highlighted in the dwarf details pane

no he's talking about adding preferences (likes/dislikes) to further aid in choosing a dwarf for a job. for example find someone who has a preference for beds to be your carpenter.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 27, 2012, 04:36:45 am »

Crashes on startup for me with my existing ini file, if i remove it then it works fine. I guess it doesn't like one of my custom views.

This is the only line it lists in the log when it crashes:
Code: [Select]
2012-Jul-19 14:20:00.671 INFO core Dwarf Therapist "0.6.12" starting normally. [..\dwarftherapist-splintermind-copy\src\dwarftherapist.cpp:104] (DwarfTherapist::setup_logging)

would you mind sending me your ini?

Sent, it's got some views that i setup in v13/14 in it so i guess they are the problem. I can recreate them np if needed.

Feature request: On the animals page is it possible we can set the pet availability. I've been doing this to keep track of the breeding pairs i want to keep which have juicy attribs.

ok the problem is with those weapon columns which have multiple weapon names ('Scourges, Whips', etc.) i've fixed it from crashing but i'll have to look into adding support to add those grouped columns. for now you can still add the weapon columns, but only the individual weapons, the groups aren't available. for you this only affects the 'Military (v13)' tab you had setup i believe.

Here's the updated zip.

if it's still broken let me know. i'll see if it's possible to toggle the pet state on animals, but no promises. :)

Sorry for the late reply, your most recent DT update doesn't crash now fyi :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 29, 2012, 06:12:39 am »

Because i multi boot i had to write this short script so that i could play DF using the same DT settings on whatever OS i happened to be booted into at the time. Posting it here incase anyone else needs something like this. I've been using it for a few months now without issue and has been tested on XP and Win7. I just have this as DT.bat in my DT directory, with a shortcut to it in my DF directory.

Code: [Select]
IF NOT EXIST "INI" md "INI"

IF NOT EXIST "%APPDATA%\UDP Software" md "%APPDATA%\UDP Software"

IF NOT EXIST "%APPDATA%\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini" (
    move /-Y "INI\Dwarf Therapist.ini" "%APPDATA%\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini" )

DwarfTherapist.exe

move /-Y "%APPDATA%\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini" ".\INI\Dwarf Therapist.ini"
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 29, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »

Say, is it normal for Therapist to show dead dwarves?
I can see "21 dwarfs" in the therapist screen including "Glassy" Asdugonul.

In-game, I have only 14 citizens.
Glassy, the Ghostly Glassmaker is in the Dead list.

My Xbowdwarf and Speardwarf, on the other hand, who both died of old age and left no ghost, do not show up in therapist.

Edit:
Ooop, the speardwarf just arose as a ghost, and now DT says I've got 22 citizens
All the ghosts are Content(100) it seems.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:13:05 pm by SuicideJunkie »

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #2472 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »

Hey, Splintrz, have you considered making your own thread, so that we can track the latest version more easily?

Anyway, thanks for keeping it updated.
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 31, 2012, 12:55:41 am »

Hey, Splintrz, have you considered making your own thread, so that we can track the latest version more easily?

Anyway, thanks for keeping it updated.

This would be great.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:15 pm »

• added options to synchronize scrolling and grouping between all views

Wow.  This option is saving me so much time and scrolling.  :)   It resolves the last issue in the DT UI that drove me bonkers.

Just wanted to say thank you, Splinterz, for all your great work, your patience with the endless (and sometimes silly) feature requests, your openess to suggestions and the speed of implimentation and rapid release cycle.

You make DF far more enjoyable for this dwarf, and I'm sure for many others too.

Thanks again!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:55:35 pm by Nkosi_SW »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 192