Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863839 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2445 on: July 19, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

Arrghhh!!!

I'm on a mini vacation, but there's still a problem with the script editing.

Yes, I can change, and delete...

but if

I have an active running script.

then try to create a new one

the new one overwrites the old one

update...

oh man... closing and re-opening to create a new script... can't create any new script, only overwrites the 1st position...

oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man... no!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:32:48 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2446 on: July 19, 2012, 07:08:06 pm »

Arrghhh!!! I'm on a mini vacation, but there's still a problem with the script editing. Yes, I can change, and delete but if I have an active running script, and then try to create a new one the new one overwrites the old one. oh man... closing and re-opening to create a new script... can't create any new script, only overwrites the 1st position... oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man... no!!!!!!!!

this should fix it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 19, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »

Arrghhh!!! I'm on a mini vacation, but there's still a problem with the script editing. Yes, I can change, and delete but if I have an active running script, and then try to create a new one the new one overwrites the old one. oh man... closing and re-opening to create a new script... can't create any new script, only overwrites the 1st position... oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man... no!!!!!!!!

this should fix it.
Took me a while to read this thru my tears... but i think i can pull the gun out of my mouth. ;) jk...

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: July 20, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »

Hi splinterz.  I am using your latest dt from a couple posts above.  Everything was working fine until a migration wave came (this was the fourth wave).  At this point I refreshed dt to see the new immigrants (as I had done before with the other waves) and that's when dt crashed.  This is a modded DF (LFR plus my own mods).  Any ideas why would be very welcome as I quite like your version.  Here's the log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2449 on: July 20, 2012, 04:21:47 pm »

Hi splinterz.  I am using your latest dt from a couple posts above.  Everything was working fine until a migration wave came (this was the fourth wave).  At this point I refreshed dt to see the new immigrants (as I had done before with the other waves) and that's when dt crashed.  This is a modded DF (LFR plus my own mods).  Any ideas why would be very welcome as I quite like your version.  Here's the log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i'll do some testing this weekend and see if i can reproduce it. if you've got a save that would be mighty helpful though. the only changes that should directly impact LFR are the ones to the castes, but it shouldn't be crashing.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »

Yup, got one.  Where do I upload it?
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2451 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »

Yup, got one.  Where do I upload it?

anywhere will work. dwarf fortress specific stuff can always go here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:57 pm »

OK, here you go.  It's at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6695  with the heading: splinterz DT crash savegame chromasphere
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:42:18 pm by Chromasphere »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2453 on: July 21, 2012, 07:41:14 am »

OK, here you go.  It's at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6695  with the heading: splinterz DT crash savegame chromasphere

alright so the problem was due to names belonging to invalid languages. i suspect this is due to your modding, so you may want to look into it further. what DF does (and now DT too) in this case is uses the last language as it can't find the correct one. so in your current for you've got a bunch of creatures either without last names or with 'void language' last names.

i've updated the source and the packaged file for this issue.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: July 21, 2012, 08:52:39 am »

First, thank you for the new version.

Second, i got a little bug : i can't make disapear the dabbling skills in the main view (check or uncheck the option has no effect).
I use the DT version just before the last you did.

Good luck !

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:25 am »

Oh... you know what... I think I was mixing up the filter script with squad grouping's.

It would be nice if the filter script active_military was filtering squads and not military that are currently active.

I believe as it is, it does not filter dwarf's that are assigned to a squad, but have no scheduled order.

...squad grouping was by squad assignment, and not by active military...

i don't know what this means, please elaborate.

Is it possible to avoid puting strangers (like caravane merchants and their bodyguards) in DT ? They seem to not do what i tell them to do ;)

this definitely shouldn't be happening if you're using my branch. if you've updated the ini files manually double check the flags here (near the end). otherwise upload the save and i'll take a closer look.

you can use d.squad_id() in scripts to filter out dwarves in squads. -1 is the returned value for a dwarf who hasn't been assigned to a squad.

thanks

this did the trick
d.squad_id()<0

=-1 didn't work, so I had to do that

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2456 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:32 am »

thanks

this did the trick
d.squad_id()<0

=-1 didn't work, so I had to do that

if you want to do that you need ==

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: July 21, 2012, 11:45:41 am »

rookie mistake

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 21, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »

I know this sounds crazy, but...

I have a filter script that filters melee soldier's and ranged soldier's accordingly.  There rankings are similar.... so I have a hard time deciding who should go to what... If there was a way to filter the two against each other...

They clearly have different stats, but if there was a way to distinguish them against each other to clearly show who belongs to what...

I know, it's a way way meta- analysis, but I hope to figure it out

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:35 pm »

bug

here's the upload (masterwork)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cvgcr2mcmwrc1n5

so, when I add Ber Ebalreg to the squad "Scars of Shielding", crash of DT
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 192