Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863969 times)

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2385 on: July 04, 2012, 04:03:36 am »

Just to let you know, thistleknot, that your addition to DF is quite useful ti some of us :)

Anyway, within DFTherapist per se, I realize, looking at a video of a french guy playing hardcore (naked embark), that some do have plenty of choices for weapons' skills, whereas for the last two fortress of mine, up to 140 and 80 dwarves, I only see red dots in one and only column:

Bug? Very unliky?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:51:39 am by Argelle »
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2386 on: July 04, 2012, 05:09:28 am »

Just to let you know, thistleknot, that your addition to DF is quite useful ti some of us :)

Anyway, within DFTherapist per se, I realize, looking at a video of a french guy playing hardcore (naked embark), that some do have plenty of choices for weapons' skills, whereas for the last two fortress of mine, up to 140 and 80 dwarves, I only see red dots in one and only column:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bug? Very unliky?

if you haven't modded anything dwarves won't be able to use those large weapons, as their body size is too small to wield them. there is a related bug however in that the weapon columns will sometimes show that a few dwarves can wield those weapons. this is incorrect as we've since realized it's based on the castes average size, not the dwarf's actual size as modified by broadness and height.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 04, 2012, 06:11:15 am »

thanks, you just made my day (early morning, before second bedtime).  It's nice to hear some feedback.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 04, 2012, 08:16:31 pm »

Re-clarified

Issue 1:
  If I apply a script...
  Then I try to create a new script, it will merely overwrite the last applied script.
  It is very difficult to create a new script if I've ever applied one.  Even reseting the applied script to "None" manually, and then trying to create a new one, merely just edits the last script applied.  I have to close and re-open Dwarf Therapist to create a new script.

Issue 2:
  If I edit a script, and then hit apply.  The applied script field resets to "None" even though the applied script is running.

Issue 3:
  It would be nice to be able to delete a script from within the gui (like how we can delete custom role's).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:49:26 pm by thistleknot »

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »

By the way, whatever happened to the ability to assign dorfs to squads in splinterz build? The last few source builds I've used haven't given me the ability to assign anyone to a squad.

Also, I've noticed that the roles screen has been redone and that 'Melee Soldier' and 'Ranged Soldier' are no longer in the mix. This makes choosing militia candidates inconvenient, and when I attempt to create a similar custom role, it won't show up anywhere.

My friend uses the precompiled Windows build and retains the ability to assign to squads. I'm running a source build on linux pulled from the repository.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2390 on: July 06, 2012, 06:02:43 pm »

By the way, whatever happened to the ability to assign dorfs to squads in splinterz build? The last few source builds I've used haven't given me the ability to assign anyone to a squad.

Also, I've noticed that the roles screen has been redone and that 'Melee Soldier' and 'Ranged Soldier' are no longer in the mix. This makes choosing militia candidates inconvenient, and when I attempt to create a similar custom role, it won't show up anywhere.

My friend uses the precompiled Windows build and retains the ability to assign to squads. I'm running a source build on linux pulled from the repository.

i'm unaware of problems assigning squads on linux. i'll do some testing to verify, but can you elaborate on what the problem is? it doesn't work, or you don't have a menu option? what version are you running and are you using mods?

the generic melee and ranged roles have been split into individual roles based on weapon skills which is much more accurate when searching for potential militia than the previous roles with every skill. check the alternate military view included.

if you create a custom role, you'll need to add it to a custom view for it to show up, or name it the same name as one of the roles on the default roles tab to override it on that tab. let me know if you have more questions.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:40:15 am by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

Someone on reddit posted a bug http://i.imgur.com/D1NZE.jpg

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 07, 2012, 12:24:23 am »

i'm unaware of problems assigning squads on linux. i'll do some testing to verify, but can you elaborate on what the problem is? it doesn't work, or you don't have a menu option? what version are you running and are you using mods?

RIght, sorry, that wasn't very clear, was it?

The option doesn't even show up in the context menu. I'm running the latest commit (2a6f5078039e) built from source. I'm running vanilla DF (34.11) with (Golden Shadow's) Ironhand's graphics and with dfhack. It's worked for me before, but somewhere along the way it stopped showing up in the right-click menu, though I'm not exactly certain when; I've only really noticed it since I started taking some casualties from FB syndromes since gobbos weren't doing it. I've also tried earlier tagged commits equivalent to versioned releases (15.2). I'll try more, as well as cross-test against Ironhand. Now that I think of it, it may have started after I compiled and started using dfhack. I'll cross-test against that as well.

the generic melee and ranged roles have been split into individual roles based on weapon skills which is much more accurate when searching for potential militia than the previous roles with every all skills. check the alternate military view included.

if you create a custom role, you'll need to add it to a custom view for it to show up, or name it the same name as one of the roles on the default roles tab to override it on that tab. let me know if you have more questions.

Okay, thanks! Despite this mystery, you've got a great edition of an already great tool. Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:32:20 am by drh »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2393 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:57 am »

yeah that's not really any help at all without details.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 07, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »

yeah that's not really any help at all without details.

Looks like the bug that happened to me, is their version upto date as splinterz fixed that.

Edit: speeling mistake. AGAIN...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:03:36 pm by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:28 am »

it's prolly the old version.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 08, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

Nevermind... nothing to see here, I checked the units screen, and I see all 12
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:05:40 pm by thistleknot »

BlackTalos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:03 am »

Hi all, sorry to disturb with such small concerns, but i get this on Rapidshare when i try to get the latest version (15.3):

I managed to get a version here:
http://115.com/file/c2ekl7w5

But in addition to being a dubious site, i would rather credit the author.
Could you get the original file working Splinterz? =)

Regards

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:08 am »

Um... I just checked the first post, and I didn't see any rapidshare links there.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2399 on: July 10, 2012, 08:45:52 am »

he's talking about the links on the branch's project page here. i'm not having any issues downloading the files, so i think you'll have to take it up with rapidshare unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 192