Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863989 times)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2325 on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:07 pm »

Thanks again!  Especially for:

• added tooltips to labor column headers showing how many dwarves currently have the labor enabled
  • added an additional option to show the enabled labor count on the column header text (ie. 5 Mining, 17 Woodcutting..)

I'm always having to switch back to the "Nothing" sort list to find out how many leatherworkers I currently have etc., this will help a lot!

yeah i know what you mean :)  by the way, thanks for that save (bonus points for the alliteration) it helped out a ton with the noble stuff and adjusting the details pane for those dwarves with massive nicknames

Of course!
Haha, yeah I began to notice some of my soldiers racked up some big nicknames, edging all columns over to the right in the labor view.
And as for alliteration, I assumed anything aside from an almost audacious amount of audibly alike words to not be adequately awesome.

splinteredmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 23, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »

Splinterz, your code page confused the fuck out of me for about five minutes.. I was thinking, how does it know?

- Splinter

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 23, 2012, 03:42:32 pm »

Some very odd stuff going on with v15, here is what i get when i load DT up. I've even tried wiping out the ini so it starts fresh but i get exactly the same problems. Screenshot should show you everything i mean :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2328 on: June 23, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

whoa. that's just starting it up? not doing anything?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 23, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »

Yeah load up DF, load in fort, then start up DT and that's what i get :) i tried changing the Group By to different stuff but nothing makes a difference with regards to the names and it trying to set nickname many many times, although as you can see the Commit Changes button isn't even highlighted.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2330 on: June 23, 2012, 04:14:06 pm »

Yeah load up DF, load in fort, then start up DT and that's what i get :) i tried changing the Group By to different stuff but nothing makes a difference with regards to the names and it trying to set nickname many many times, although as you can see the Commit Changes button isn't even highlighted.

see if this build resolves it.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 23, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »

see if this build resolves it.

Seems to, although haven't had a chance to use it for anything, it's time for my beauty sleep, should get a chance to try it tomorrow.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 23, 2012, 05:30:39 pm »

ooh, ooh a bug.

#1.

When I go to assign my "blank" custom profession, it loops indefinately.

My custom profession is no labors enabled (I use it to start re-assigning my labors).

Oh shit... it did finally work.

Okay, takes WAY TOO LONG.  Before it would be immediately, now it took almost 2 minutes to complete.

#2.

Btw, it's still doing that noble resizing [when noble is first position in list] (and it's your unadulterated version).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update: cell size was too small, increase cell size (not font) fixes

Btw, it's still crashing when I do the sorts inbetween labor assignments

Here's what I do:

I set a filter script

d.total_assigned_labors()<5
//&&
//!d.labor_enabled(00)
//&&
//!d.labor_enabled(44)

and then I start assigning labor's one at a time:

latest example was:
clear all labors to blanker's (i.e. custom profession, no labors).

Then...

I sort by mining, set 10

sort by farming, set 10

sort by role metalsmith, select top 7, jump back to labor grid, right click on weaponsmith's (placeholder for later assigning to metalsmithing custom profession, but that's irrelevant).

sort by leatherworking... pauses... then crashes.

have to reload my filter script upon reload of DT

Update:

The crash seems to happen when I jump from a role view to a labor view and then try to sort.

Update:

I think it crashes because from the last set of dwarf's I have highlighted (that I selected from the roles grid view) are still selected when I attempt a new sort in the labor view.  I deselected the dwarf's by clicking on a new dwarf, and then I was able to sort in the labor grid view immediately after the role grid view sort.

Update: Splinterz is aware of bug and is not it.  Yay!

Note:
  It would be nice to incorporate Shish's patch file to assign top x # of dwarf's to a role, but it's kind of a pain because you have to minimize the current grouping of dwarf's to assign it...  that's why I was pushing for a total # of dwarf's selected option as well.

Lastly:

How do I get my militia (assigned) dwarf's to highlight properly.  I assigned some dwarfs to the militia (game is paused) and yet, they are not highlighted.  I chose red to highlight them... I could sort by squads...
 nevermind, noble highlights is for militia leaders
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:22:23 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 24, 2012, 02:24:20 pm »

Feature request:

Exclude nobles filter function?

Would be nice to not see them when I'm sorting by total assigned labors...  Although, if it's too much a pain, noble highlighting serves same function.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2334 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:16 pm »

update for bug fixes and performance issues

• fixed performance issues when changing multiple labors on multiple dwarves at once (this includes custom professions)
  • fixed crash when attempting to set labors immediately after committing pending changes
  • noble positions can be checked from scripts with d.noble_position()

Project Home // Download

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 24, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »

Where are you getting the info for weapon sizing? I bought a halberd from the human caravan and nobody wants to equip it. DT seems able to tell whether a dwarf will multigrasp a longsword or pick, and I can get dwarves to equip them with no problem. It's just the human-sized weapons giving me trouble. With 34 dwarves I'd expect at least one of them to be 5% bigger than the average dwarf, so I'm not sure where the problem really is.

I'm using v15.2.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2336 on: June 24, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »

Where are you getting the info for weapon sizing? I bought a halberd from the human caravan and nobody wants to equip it. DT seems able to tell whether a dwarf will multigrasp a longsword or pick, and I can get dwarves to equip them with no problem. It's just the human-sized weapons giving me trouble. With 34 dwarves I'd expect at least one of them to be 5% bigger than the average dwarf, so I'm not sure where the problem really is.

I'm using v15.2.

it reads in the raws for the weapon details, and then compares that to the size of the dwarf.

see:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Weapon_token
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Weapon#Size
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:11:13 pm by splinterz »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 24, 2012, 06:39:48 pm »

So the size of a dwarf is a number that DT reads? I know how weapon sizing works, I'm just trying to figure out why they're ignoring the halberd.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2338 on: June 24, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »

So the size of a dwarf is a number that DT reads? I know how weapon sizing works, I'm just trying to figure out why they're ignoring the halberd.

exactly, it reads the size of the dwarf, and the weapon columns compare their size to the weapons' 1h/2h minimum required sizes

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 24, 2012, 07:05:17 pm »

Alright then, seems like it's purely an in-game problem.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 192