Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863921 times)

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2295 on: June 20, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »

breadman wrote up a bash script that allows one to run therapist without sudo. The script allows you to get around ptrace, which blocks the non-sudo program from accessing DF memory, and you won't need to use sudo anymore.

His post is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.msg2565429#msg2565429

I have been getting trouble adapting his solution to work with dfhack, though... replacing df with dfhack doesn't work as well as I would like... I wish I knew more about bash scripting.

That worked perfectly for me, thank you.

Peaceful Slugman

• Bay Watcher
  • dont axe me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:17 pm »

I'm still not sure how to run dfhack, df, and DT without sudo or disabling ptrace.

When I replace df with dfhack in breadman's script, I get "DFhack do help or ? for the list of available commands" repeated in the terminal many times per second ad infinitum, and thus dfhack is unusable.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 20, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »

alright, new version!

• added new default military-alt view which includes individual weapon roles
  • color coded the existing default roles tab to match the labor colors/ordering
  • added a ton more default roles for individual crafting labors and weapon skills
  • added teacher, student, armor, shield roles to default military tab
  • added option to apply gradients on happiness, job and enabled labor cells
  • grids/views remember their group setting
  • updated sleep, beer icon and fixed milking job icon
  • added option to show role information in skill columns
  • column header text is always centered
  • added option choose column header font
  • cell drawing stuff is properly centered once again
  • fixed cell drawing/painting (borders, sizes)
  • pets are no longer butcherable, indicated by a red shaded square
  • DF connection alert will occur immediately now upon DF exiting
  • on break and idle will sort/group separately
  • fixed a bug causing the details pane to show multiple dwarf details (i think this will resolve the re-sizing issue, let me know if it doesn't)
  • fixed role sorting in context menus
  • when changing a nickname the current nickname is shown in the edit box
  • dwarf name on the details pane is now word wrapped

Project Home // Download

Really appreciate it; has made my dorfing much easier and enjoyable! 

One question, on the project page, where it says "see commit log for offset changes," if I don't know exactly what this means and can't find a 'commit log,' does that mean I don't need to worry about it?  (i.e. it's intended for modders or something beyond my skill level) :P

Also, I assume I can use this with 34.07, based on the project page?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:30:27 pm by Xen0n »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: June 20, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »

I really like your role view, I was doing something similar with my spreadsheet... so nice!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:52 am »

Looks like a great update Splinterz!
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2300 on: June 21, 2012, 02:26:45 am »

Really appreciate it; has made my dorfing much easier and enjoyable! 

One question, on the project page, where it says "see commit log for offset changes," if I don't know exactly what this means and can't find a 'commit log,' does that mean I don't need to worry about it?  (i.e. it's intended for modders or something beyond my skill level) :P

Also, I assume I can use this with 34.07, based on the project page?

i try to make note of the offset changes and their dfhack references primarily for ag as he's been generating layout files from the dfhack structures, which is incredibly helpful when updates are released. it should be fine with 34.07, although i haven't tested that version extensively, so if you find something amiss let me know.

Looks like a great update Splinterz!
I really like your role view, I was doing something similar with my spreadsheet... so nice!

thanks! :D

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: June 21, 2012, 03:38:51 am »

Very low pri request, as i can easily scroll down :) On the squad sort setting, can the squads be at the top please.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: June 21, 2012, 03:50:17 am »

i try to make note of the offset changes and their dfhack references primarily for ag as he's been generating layout files from the dfhack structures, which is incredibly helpful when updates are released. it should be fine with 34.07, although i haven't tested that version extensively, so if you find something amiss let me know.

There is so much going on in this thread that I can't always watch for changes. It may be better if you cloned the structures and patched the perl script. It is pretty straightforward for the most part:

https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/make-dt.pl

Also, one suggestion: don't change the meaning of old offsets under the same name, like with 'name' in squad_offsets. That is the only type of change that blocks using the same ini file with all DT versions.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41:30 am »

splinterz, I can confirm that the window resizing issue seems to be gone now. Thanks!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:22 pm »

Ah, thanks!  Really digging all the little UI upgrades, even on 34.07!  The nicknames glitch fix and "On Break" vs. "Idle" are awesome too! 

So far I've noticed that unlike other nobles, monarchs / royalty don't seem to get get highlighted with their special colours (not really important to me, just messing around with all the cool features :D).  Not sure if that's just since I'm using 34.07, though.

Thanks again for all the work put into this!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:55 pm »

I love the new tool, but...

it still keeps crashing after sorting by labors...

I click on a labor to sort

which does one of 3 things

works...

works and resizes the first row height if the dwarf is a noble (which doesn't happen if not in the first row).

or crashes.

damn, extra rework of loading filter scripts and re-assigning labors.

love it tho!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:32:33 pm by thistleknot »

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: June 22, 2012, 01:30:52 am »

Hello :)
Just reporting a minor glitch: when assigning a Dwarf into a squad, the page goes blank (except header) and one needs to change tab (military -> labor -> military) to get the list back on.
BTW I like the advances in splinter's branch, the new military-alt is useful for displaying different infos.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06:47 am »

I had a problem with Jdwarf utility yesterday, but i think it is a general issue. Then i resurrected my dead dwarfes they never reappeared in DT. I even reloaded the game - no luck:( Maybe some flag checking issue?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37:20 am »

Hello :)
Just reporting a minor glitch: when assigning a Dwarf into a squad, the page goes blank (except header) and one needs to change tab (military -> labor -> military) to get the list back on.
BTW I like the advances in splinter's branch, the new military-alt is useful for displaying different infos.

Yeah this is a pain :) Clicking read dwarves works too.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2309 on: June 22, 2012, 05:45:19 am »

@Argelle: thanks for the report, i'll have a fix up for the squad assignment asap

@thistleknot: i'm unable to reproduce this with or without filter scripts running. are you sure this isn't related to the extra stuff you've patched in?

@Tierre: more than likely it's a flag issue. DT uses death/killed flags to filter out those dwarves. i'll have to see if i can find out what flags Jdwarf is setting

@Xen0n: i don't currently have a fort with a monarch to test with, so if you wouldn't mind uploading your save i'll get to the bottom of the highlighting issue. otherwise it might be a while  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 192