Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863990 times)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2085 on: May 25, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »

Any word on when the Push/Haul Vehicles skill will be added to DT?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:44 pm »

Splinterz

a few others I can recall
  ambusher
  clothier
  plant gatherer
  cheese maker

there was a few more (if you took the patch file I sent you from shish, and made a version of DT based on it, you'd see the labor roles missing stat's)

I made a few custom roles that you might find useful, but... I don't think they should be default labor's
  nurse (combination of all the nurse labors, they are all almost similar, but using my SPREADSHEET analysis, I found only one used strength, where the rest didn't so I truncated it.)
  hauler (doing jobs that don't have related aspects) I gave all equal weight, but gave that all the "junk" work that doesn't require speed/quality.

Seriously, DT continues to improve itself thanks to your contributions.

The way I see it, you got an Executive Cabinet.  You being the Executive, you have a cabinet.  You have a % of contributor's for ideas to develop this shit.

The community is a major contributor.

Shish' as well

I like to think of myself as one (even tho my deviation from mean didn't work out, but it was a learning process).

I hope with this labor organizer, we can make DT that much more awesome.

Right now, (with my spreadsheet ANALYSIS on my Labor Organizer), military contributions makes things a bit difficult.  With what I got , chaos would ensue if war would happen.  I have a way to check for that, just include military labor, or assume a certain % of the labor force is committed to the military.  It's preliminary, but I'll get it, as I always do.

Continuous learning...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:22:42 pm by thistleknot »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 26, 2012, 02:37:13 am »

Just trying out latest DF and DT, and notice that the animals tab doesn't list their children in it's own section, and doesn't sort on age anymore. Is there an option to set this or can it be restored?

ta
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2088 on: May 26, 2012, 03:53:26 am »

@Thistleknot: check the patch notes, i added a bunch of missing roles in the last release. if there are different stats you'll have to send me this mysterious patch file you mentioned

@Intrinsic: i'll see what i can do about grouping castes or races with the child/baby in separate groups. for the sorting i'm not sure it was ever sorting on age, looks like it defaulted to id number? but i'll check it out

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 26, 2012, 04:07:11 am »

Heya thanks. I forgot to say in the v9 version under 34.07 it listed for example Cat, and then in the next collapsable section Cat Child(or Children), and i guess if it was by ID then an animals ID was incremented each time one was born so essentially it's age :) i had over 330 animals at one point lol so had to do a massive cull, makes it a lot easier :) and my stock of 8k+ turkey eggs was a bit overkill ;p

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2090 on: May 26, 2012, 04:32:23 am »

Heya thanks. I forgot to say in the v9 version under 34.07 it listed for example Cat, and then in the next collapsable section Cat Child(or Children), and i guess if it was by ID then an animals ID was incremented each time one was born so essentially it's age :) i had over 330 animals at one point lol so had to do a massive cull, makes it a lot easier :) and my stock of 8k+ turkey eggs was a bit overkill ;p

yeah that's a lot of eggs :P.... try right clicking on the header of the name column and sorting it by the id numbers, that should give you the same sort order.

as for the child/baby splitting, it's easy to do, just a matter of which grouping we should put it on. caste? race? profession? at the moment i've got it so if grouped by caste, it uses the specific caste names: cat, kitten, dog, puppy... if you sort by race, it will group by: cat, cat (kitten), dog, dog (puppy) so that it keeps the races together when it sorts the groups alphabetically. if that doesn't make sense let me know and i'll put up some screenshots.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: May 26, 2012, 04:37:40 am »

...i had forgotten we could do that(right click to sort) that works a treat ta :)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 26, 2012, 06:29:14 am »

Here it is.  My finished spreadsheet'er

I just assigned all my dwarf's to individual labors (in the spreadsheet) in the hopes that no one is over assigned.

I'm going to try my hand at coding up the algorithm for use in DT.

If anyone's interested, you guys can "optimize" your fort using this spreadsheet and a version of DT Shish coded up that allows exporting of grid views to CSV's (which is needed for the spreadsheet)

Old update history
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I added a Dwarf Therapist Grid Layout so assigning labors is easier to do by hand
http://www.mediafire.com/?6znle279i4voxjs

See pic here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

shish's csv dt based on splinterz 11.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?v02nwj1arncnpxn

Unfortunately, you need office 2010 (sorry guys).

It may work without office 2010, but there is a vbs script to sort.

I removed the google link because it's too much hassle without the sort script.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:00:20 pm by thistleknot »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 26, 2012, 10:23:23 am »

Hi splinterz, i think that the reason why animals aren't grouping is that from the drop-down dox "Race" isn't sorting them as it didn't previously for dwarves, ie it used to group them as Dwaves, Children, Babies.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2094 on: May 26, 2012, 10:48:38 am »

Hi splinterz, i think that the reason why animals aren't grouping is that from the drop-down dox "Race" isn't sorting them as it didn't previously for dwarves, ie it used to group them as Dwaves, Children, Babies.

the races and castes were recently overhauled, so it's actually grouping properly now on the race name. but as you pointed out this is something of a loss of functionality in easily distinguishing between the adults/children/babies as they're all in a single group. i'll have this fixed up in the next update.

xJack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 26, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »

I seem not to be able to get this to work on adventure mode. Is there a way to fix this?

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 26, 2012, 06:42:42 pm »

Is it supposed to work in adventure mode?
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Ubuntu 12.04 version?
« Reply #2097 on: May 26, 2012, 09:20:19 pm »

Hello! I was wondering if there were plans to update this for use with the new Ubuntu 12.04 as well? There's repositories for 10.04 and 11.10 but now 12.04. Thanks!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 27, 2012, 01:40:32 am »

So, how can I get my Dwarf Therapist, downloaded from the first link on the first page, to read caste and attributes? Also, how to do that update thing, it still reads Bring Crutch instead of (probably) wheelbarrow.

Bump for lack of answers.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 27, 2012, 11:45:06 am »

I haven't done any coding on this thing yet (Meph came a day early!)

hehe, but I was working on the sheet some more.

It works better now.  I had an issue where I'd end up with like 26-32 hauler's when my target rate was 8.

I fixed it by ensuring the proportion of dwarve's matches the proportion of labor's assigned.

Took me a whole night to figure out.

I also had to set a targetAtt level on the variable's sheet.  Should be set to .75, I set it to .85 cuz I'm a greedy bastard and now I have less than optimal hauler's, but everything else is going ok.

Anyways... It's ready for you guys if you want to mess with it some more.
http://www.mediafire.com/?634da0o7tvn7cbu

Update
I added a much needed "Actual Coverage" sheet that shows the real coverage of labors by dwarve's.  It's a cross sheet of dwarf's labor/# of labor's, summed up for each labor.  To give you an idea of how many dwarve's are essentially assigned to each labor.
http://www.mediafire.com/?b2s6m97r8rcehxh

It takes about 45 minutes to go through the entire process of setting, and then setting inside DT the layout that the sheet comes up with.

Some tips to make it go quicker, use the sort function on the grid sheet to sort large grouping of near 1 attention last.  Then you can mass assign them at the end.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:36:46 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 192