Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864009 times)

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2070 on: May 24, 2012, 03:59:01 am »

Hell yeah, thank you! Now I can update my pack to be compatible with 0.34.10!
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

quandasim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: May 24, 2012, 06:19:54 am »

thanx for the linux memmory layout;)

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: May 24, 2012, 09:10:24 am »

okay, since i'm apparently retarded, how do i install splinterz version after compiling on linux? make install makes some noise about not being able to copy readme and copyright and stops there.

also, how do i disable that ptrace limitation so i dont have to run DT as root?
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: May 24, 2012, 09:16:30 am »

okay, since i'm apparently retarded, how do i install splinterz version after compiling on linux? make install makes some noise about not being able to copy readme and copyright and stops there.

Not sure that splinterz version has all the offsets you will need for linux, but you should be able to get it running by creating the directory structure described here. (Basically it's a manual install step, make install doesn't have the instructions to do it)

As far as ptrace goes, this article covers it, but in summary:
Either do this (as root):
Code: [Select]
$ echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope…or make it permanent by setting ptrace_scope to 0 in /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:00 am »

Not sure that splinterz version has all the offsets you will need for linux, but you should be able to get it running by creating the directory structure described here. (Basically it's a manual install step, make install doesn't have the instructions to do it)

As far as ptrace goes, this article covers it, but in summary:
Either do this (as root):
$ echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope…or make it permanent by setting ptrace_scope to 0 in /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
Thank you so very much :)
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: May 24, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »

To install, I usually just:
touch README COPYRIGHT; make INSTALL_ROOT=<wherever> install
The README and COPYRIGHT files are an artifact of qmake's idea of a "standard installation", which neither splinterz fork nor the "official" DT really adhere to.

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 24, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

Splinterz

have not found your stand alone forum here.  However I would like to know where the customized role (created by adding new role in your version of DT) is saved in?

I wanted to reuse it with your newest update, rather than re-select information again.

R

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2077 on: May 24, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

Splinterz

have not found your stand alone forum here.  However I would like to know where the customized role (created by adding new role in your version of DT) is saved in?

I wanted to reuse it with your newest update, rather than re-select information again.

R

custom roles are saved in the dwarf therapist.ini file. if you download the latest update, you won't lose any custom roles you've already created.

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

splinterz

I looked in the created folder "dwarf therapist" that contains your version,  and did not find the dwarf therapist.ini

Is this file saved elsewhere? 

R

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2079 on: May 24, 2012, 05:28:54 pm »

splinterz

I looked in the created folder "dwarf therapist" that contains your version,  and did not find the dwarf therapist.ini

Is this file saved elsewhere? 

R

%appdata%\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:51 pm »

Thank you... It is where you said the file is at.

R

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 25, 2012, 07:06:15 am »

well, it works so far, with the occasional segfault when i click on a box to tick a job enabled or not, or if i manage to click between two blocks sometimes.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 25, 2012, 08:45:57 am »

i don't know if anyone's been following or not, but shish has been coding up a way to export grid views to .csv (thank you shish) for a project I have going on, it's basically a version of Dwarf Organizer, but uses this new csv list as an input.

I'm also talking with Antalia about it.  I hope that she can do the project better than myself.  We've started a discussion on the Dwarf ORganizer thread.

Anyway's, here's my latest iteration of spreadsheet magic that can be used to currently assign dwarf's to roles, it's got a lot of developer notes in there.  I was hoping to use it as a template to make my own C Sharp version of Dwarf Organizer, but I don't see any point in stealing thunder from Antalia, especially since her's is pretty cool and she's already thought about all the ideas I did.  :'(

http://www.mediafire.com/?749ntki9c2cx882

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 25, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »

So, how can I get my Dwarf Therapist, downloaded from the first link on the first page, to read caste and attributes? Also, how to do that update thing, it still reads Bring Crutch instead of (probably) wheelbarrow.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

N35t0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 25, 2012, 02:05:36 pm »

Hey Splinterz, the mediafire links to your version of the tool are down for ToS violation.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 192