Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864150 times)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 4/12/12 see first post)
« Reply #1905 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:57 pm »

The dwarf_race_index in the address section of the layout is the address of memory which contains the id of the controlled race.

If you have a windows pc and play with 0.34.7 you can try this version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/DTClone.zip

it is based on splinterz version with some change (reads reactions, creatures and castes from the memory, group by migration shows season and year of the migrant arrival and shows if a creature is born in the fortress, reads the correct names also for non dwarven languages)

In the option menu there is an option to show all castes (in some mod such as LFR without this option all dwarf are common dwarf, but in some other mod such as MasterWork with this option you can find the secrete castes losing some fun)

It is a work in progress so I'm not sure it will work as intended. If you try this let me know how it work for you.

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 4/12/12 see THIS post)
« Reply #1906 on: May 09, 2012, 04:27:54 am »

No idea where you found this but it works BRILLIANTLY. Thanks a lot!
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 4/12/12 see THIS post)
« Reply #1907 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:41 am »

No idea where you found this but it works BRILLIANTLY. Thanks a lot!
I've made it myself. Happy to hear that it works well.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 09, 2012, 09:59:17 am »

I've been working with Splinterz (yet again) for some tiny itsy bitsy changes to the way traits are calculated in the overall %.  Certain traits (stress, urge, honesty) do not have a center mean of 50, but rather either 45 or 55.

Using a lot of memory dumps of dwarve's and running analysis on them, I came up with concrete % to use for normal, negative, and positive trait %.   Initially (the %'s used in v10.2) I never really liked the negative and positive trait results, as some "bins (i.e. range of values)" had too small of a % to accurately say that's indeed the range it covered.

However, I more recently found a rather symmetrical breakdown of how the numbers were laid out.

Can see my wiki contribution here
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Personality_trait#Trait_bins_as_found_examining_16000_dwarves

Unfortunately.  The non symmetrical ones (the means of 45 and 55 respectively) did not appear to have a symmetrical breakdown.  However, there were patterns emerging from within the matrix.  I noticed that there were always 7 bins, center was always ~78.5%, the ones just adjacent to center always added up to ~17%, and the next set added to ~4%, and the last ~1% (using a histogram to breakdown the data, it was possible to find the height occurrences that were the same, which helped identify the jumps in %).  Symmetrical, or non...

So I tried a simple formula that skewed the non symmetrical ones to symmetrical, and voila, the numbers then matched the symmetrical breakdown.

example excel formula:
=IF(Value<=55,(Value/55)*50,(((Value-55)/45)*50)+50)

I actually abandoned my requests for scriptable arrays in the script editor to test my results (which I would still love to have access to) and delved into the code and made the changes myself!

I think Splinterz has found it to his liking and will be implementing it soon.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:30:11 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 12, 2012, 08:53:45 am »

A cool feature would be able to modify column by dragging them around on the main screen (i.e. not within the grid views).  For example, if I wanted to re-arranged roles on the main interface without having to go into windows - docks - grid views...)

Hell, it would be nice to just right click on the vertical column's and be able to add from right there to the grid views.  Just have an immediate pop-up asking me what I want to add (trait, role, attribute, etc).

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:10 pm »

Sorry for the stupid questions:

• Back in 31.25 DT could only show skills and traits, not Physical or Mental Attributes (Strength, Agility, Analytical Ability, Patience etc.)  However on page 1 of this thread, it shows version 0.6.12 (Which I got last week when I started up with DF2012) showing at least Physical Attributes for a dwarf in a screenshot.  How do I access this info?  The closest I can get is the 'Dwarf Details' window, which looks mostly like the screenshot, but with no Strength, Agility, Toughness :(  Assuming this is possible, is it possible to also see Mental Attributes in DT?  I always used to use RUnesmith just to be able to quickly see attributes for my dwarves, but it no longer works with the current version.

• This Splinterz version of DT intrigues me, but I'm a bit lost as to what it does... does it calculate how well-suited a dwarf is for a particular job or something?

EDIT:  OMG This Splinterz DT is absolutely incredible; it's everything I have been looking for in a Dwarf Fortress Utility ever since I started playing.  Shows skills, traits, AND Attributes etc.!  And even rates dwarves based on a fit for a job!  Just started playing around and made a custom role, but for some reason it doesn't show up in my 'Roles' tab...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:26:37 pm by Xen0n »

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 12, 2012, 02:30:17 pm »

Get splinters and run it.  It's just DT plus extras.  And it has all the stats you're looking for.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 12, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »

A way to mass assign labors

So you're looking at roles

and you see a bunch of dorf's and you see there a good fit for a role

so...

select them all, then right click, and assign labor!

That would be nice.  Rather than

highlighting them all, then...

going to labors

and having to click each individually.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1913 on: May 12, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

snip

Just started playing around and made a custom role, but for some reason it doesn't show up in my 'Roles' tab...

glad you're enjoying it :)  the only way to have a custom role show up in the default roles tab is to name it the same as an existing default role (it will override the default). otherwise you'll have to create a custom view, and add your custom role columns to it. from what you're describing, the easiest way would probably be to copy the default 'roles' view, and then add your newly created custom roles to it.

on a side note i'm working on getting the changes Shishimar sent me/posted for castes and races, as well as the corrected trait stuff for the next release.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:51 pm »

snip

Just started playing around and made a custom role, but for some reason it doesn't show up in my 'Roles' tab...

glad you're enjoying it :)  the only way to have a custom role show up in the default roles tab is to name it the same as an existing default role (it will override the default). otherwise you'll have to create a custom view, and add your custom role columns to it. from what you're describing, the easiest way would probably be to copy the default 'roles' view, and then add your newly created custom roles to it.

on a side note i'm working on getting the changes Shishimar sent me/posted for castes and races, as well as the corrected trait stuff for the next release.

Thanks!  I'm already having a blast with the default setup!  Is the copying view thing you're mentioning accomplished by the "Export View," then 'Import View'?  And I guess at some point it'll let me edit it?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:58 am »

where is my df .08 the rapist upgrade? :x
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 14, 2012, 07:10:49 am »

wait for somebody to realize that connecting to DFhack makes upgrading a lot less an issue of shotting around in the dark. ;)

Actually they generally take the same amount of time.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42:49 am »

wait for somebody to realize that connecting to DFhack makes upgrading a lot less an issue of shotting around in the dark. ;)

Actually they generally take the same amount of time.

Because it runs so well on macs?

:P

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:14 am »

You're treading on treacherous ground there, buddy. Watch your step.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 14, 2012, 10:59:54 am »

Has anybody tried using the current DT with DF 0.34.08?  Limited functionality or no function?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 192