Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864154 times)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 4/12/12 see first post)
« Reply #1875 on: April 16, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

The role calculations are now blazingly fast; I don't even notice the time it takes. Thanks, Splinterz!

daftfad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 16, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting migration waves to work on the latest splinter build? (Linux 64-bit) It lumps everyone into wave 0.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 17, 2012, 02:21:26 am »

Anyone else having trouble getting migration waves to work on the latest splinter build? (Linux 64-bit) It lumps everyone into wave 0.

Migration waves haven't worked at all for me since 31.25, someone mentioned something about DF itself not tracking or doing something right, as opposed to a DT issue.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1878 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:29 am »

i don't have a linux box setup at the moment to test the offsets so they may be off. try editing the layout ini file and change the turn_count to: turn_count=0x053c and see if that works.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 17, 2012, 04:46:32 am »

Ideas to add to DT or for other users to implement themselves if they want.

Using Soap related stuff as an example:
Strength, Toughness, Endurance, Kinesthetic Sense:
Lye maker, Potash maker, Soaper, Wood burner

I've started adding(as i need them) the following kind of setup(in the red box) On the left we have their rating, and on the right shows their current skill.

I started trying out this kind of setup because as we know certain attribute combinations cover many skills, and this gave me an easy way to both see their potential and how good they were currently, and set their labours all from one screen which saves me a lot of time hoping about from one tab to the other.

Similarly for the military screen i added their current Teacher and Student skills, and to the right their rating.

These are still in v9, yet to port them to v10 which will be a lot easier thanks to the custom roles editting from within DT, thanks spliterz!

And a bug: Copying from or setting up roles with "NOT attribute", like Lawdwarf (Weak) doesn't work currently.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1880 on: April 17, 2012, 05:31:42 am »

are you actually typing NOT strength for the attribute? if you are, you need to do -strength instead. just the negative sign is needed to value aspects inversely, NOT is just how it displays it in the tooltip.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 17, 2012, 05:48:09 am »

are you actually typing NOT strength for the attribute? if you are, you need to do -strength instead. just the negative sign is needed to value aspects inversely, NOT is just how it displays it in the tooltip.

Yep i know to use - when editing the ini manually, but using the new roles setup UI you implemented you can't do that. Try "Copy From" Lawdwarf yourself and you'll see what i mean.

Bug: If you add to or remove a skill from a custom role the tooltip does not update to reflect this but the rating calculation still seems to update and work. You need to either restart DT or click options and then exit out for it to update.

Bug: On several occasions now when i go to edit a custom role the window just comes up with no entires, but only on the last custom role created? as it's just happened again while typing this out but the 1st role i created appears fine(i only have 2 created atm). The window that comes up instead is as if you'd just clicked New Custom Role. Restarting DT resolves this.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1882 on: April 17, 2012, 05:54:07 am »

and this is happening on the last release from just yesterday (10.1 on the source page)?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 17, 2012, 06:03:47 am »

Yep, freshly downloaded only 3 or 4 hours ago.

Edit: And i'll add, that the 2nd bug i mentioned above about the role box coming up unpopulated, it seems to happen after a certain amount of time? as i can go away for a few mins, come back and it's gone wonky again even without me using it. ie this current session it's just gone again, and all i was doing was had the animals tab open, and was looking for stuff to butcher ingame and thought i'd check to see if i could still edit the last role i made but nope a blank box again.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:07:31 am by Intrinsic »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1884 on: April 17, 2012, 06:16:31 am »

Yep, freshly downloaded only 3 or 4 hours ago.

Edit: And i'll add, that the 2nd bug i mentioned above about the role box coming up unpopulated, it seems to happen after a certain amount of time? as i can go away for a few mins, come back and it's gone wonky again even without me using it. ie this current session it's just gone again, and all i was doing was had the animals tab open, and was looking for stuff to butcher ingame and thought i'd check to see if i could still edit the last role i made but nope a blank box again.

i'll try and get some fixes out later today. so to reproduce the issue i just need to add a few roles, and it's always/only the last one added that glitches? thanks for the testing/reports btw!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 17, 2012, 06:17:56 am »

Well i've only added 2 so far to test things out, and it's always the 2nd one i've added that goes, yet to add more than 2. I can check that out later though, off out now.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1886 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:39 pm »

i've got all the role issues you've mentioned fixed up. i also updated that linux offset i mentioned earlier. finally i've started adding in some new animal stuff (trained level in the name, not hiding children, hiding hostile/wild animals) so we'll see how that goes...

Download it here.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 17, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »

Update, it just started doing it on the 1st role i added also, so not just the last one. Although i've only noticed it doing this since i added some custom grid views.

Lol, seems you were posting as i am writing this one :) i'll give the new one a go and see how it turns out. ta!

Edit: I found this one in the previous version but checked the new one before posting it.

Bug: add a new custom set to a grid view, add dodger skill, and then dodger role to it, or any skill and role that has the same name. They'll appear as dodger, and dodger 1. When you restart DT dodger 1 will be blank, ie no rating etc.

NOT stuff works great now thanks! still waiting to experience any odd custom role stuff as previously reported.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:18:34 pm by Intrinsic »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 17, 2012, 02:08:58 pm »

I noticed that squads weren't being sorted. I created a new squad(fresh embark) and Dwarf Therapist had the 2 soldiers bolded, but they were under the NoSquad (7) instead of the name of the squad, like the older versions. I haven't tried the one you just posted today, is it fixed?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1889 on: April 17, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »

I noticed that squads weren't being sorted. I created a new squad(fresh embark) and Dwarf Therapist had the 2 soldiers bolded, but they were under the NoSquad (7) instead of the name of the squad, like the older versions. I haven't tried the one you just posted today, is it fixed?

no i hadn't noticed that, but it's fixed now  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 192