Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864345 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #1620 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:23 pm »

any chance DT could be upgraded to tell you who the vampires are?

already implemented, look under options! ;)

Ok so I have poured over all 8 checks on options and NONE of them say anything about curses, etc.

I'll have to get back to you on that later tonight then.  I know it was Splinterz version that had the option.  I've checked it myself for both child labors, and finding vampires...

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 27, 2012, 04:42:26 pm »

I too do not use debian. I compiled my DT so i have no issues.

What source did you use? I had trouble even finding something compilable. (FWIW: I'm on Fedora.)

i used the GIT address at the DT google code site to clone the branch and then compiled.

Ah... thanks. My mistake was trying to go through the DT project page linked in this thread.
A little compilation and we are working once more!!

Fret not good buddy, I've been there many a times myself. It only recently I thought to compile from git. :)

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Werra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:41 pm »

If using a top 3 or top 10 (static) only dispaly, it might be desirable to choose what roles are alloweed to be listed, otherwise roles that are displayed may be roles the player never assigns.

I think a "show the top roles for this dwarf" is a brilliant idea - I normally sit there scanning across the roles grid to see if they are good at anything in particular - but also some of the roles are not relevant to the way I play, or the stage I am at (Liar, Pump Operator, woodcutter if I am buried) so being able to limit what shows would also be great...

How about we add a simple list to start with, and enable options down the track...
----------
I have been playing DF for years, and compiling my own DT/DFHack - congratulations splinterz (and other contributors), you have finally motivated me to stop lurking and actually make a comment  :o
We appreciate your menacing spikes of awesomeness...

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 27, 2012, 08:35:29 pm »

ok I didn't know htere were multiple versions... I just have the one that's under the first page here. what's the link to the other one>?
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

maseck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 27, 2012, 09:21:06 pm »

So, I'm currently making a version of DwarfTherapist that implements lua scripting. I started yesterday with no experience with DwarfTherapist's code base, no experience with QT Creator, and my only experiences with lua is that of browsing the manual. From where I am now, I feel that I can pull this off. The lua scripts should be able to add pending changes, process information about the dwarfs and stuff like that.

Anybody got suggestions or comments for me?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 27, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »

any chance DT could be upgraded to tell you who the vampires are?

already implemented, look under options! ;)

Ok so I have poured over all 8 checks on options and NONE of them say anything about curses, etc.

I'll have to get back to you on that later tonight then.  I know it was Splinterz version that had the option.  I've checked it myself for both child labors, and finding vampires...

Yep, in splinterz version, under file-options "highlight cursed dwarves".  SPLINTERZ VERSION.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »

So, I'm currently making a version of DwarfTherapist that implements lua scripting. I started yesterday with no experience with DwarfTherapist's code base, no experience with QT Creator, and my only experiences with lua is that of browsing the manual. From where I am now, I feel that I can pull this off. The lua scripts should be able to add pending changes, process information about the dwarfs and stuff like that.

Anybody got suggestions or comments for me?

Humor me will you, what's lua?  So many languages, so little time...  I think I saw your comment on reddit.

Nevermind
http://www.cs2d.com/tut/tkdlua/luatut.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:31:23 am by thistleknot »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 28, 2012, 10:47:00 am »

Humor me will you, what's lua?  So many languages, so little time...  I think I saw your comment on reddit.

Lua is a 'little language'.  You don't write entire programs in it, you write scripts that hook into a base program.  It's integrated into some pretty big projects, such as the World of Warcraft client.

Syntactically, I think it's a crisp and fruity blend of Pascal and C, with spicy object-oriented overtones reminiscent of  Python.  It does not have C's syntactical sugar operators such as ++.

Semantically, it has newer concepts taken from Java, Python and Perl.  E.g. closures and anonymous functions, coroutines, context-sensitive return values, a Perl-style generic for operator, and an equivalent to eval() at runtime.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 28, 2012, 10:58:04 am »

Syntactically, I think it's a crisp and fruity blend of Pascal and C, with spicy object-oriented overtones reminiscent of  Python.  It does not have C's syntactical sugar operators such as ++.
Did I step into the Food Channel?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »

Lua is a 'little language'.  You don't write entire programs in it, you write scripts that hook into a base program.  It's integrated into some pretty big projects, such as the World of Warcraft client.

Semantically, it has newer concepts taken from Java, Python and Perl.  E.g. closures and anonymous functions, coroutines, context-sensitive return values, a Perl-style generic for operator, and an equivalent to eval() at runtime.
I find writing things in lua quite fun, even tough ive never done it, the tuts i read (wich are prob outdated) do make it look quite fun, and i was planning to use it whit the minecraft mod computercraft, but i nowhere found how to accept user input, and i had no inspiration.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:50 pm »

Does the splinterz build have Linux memory layouts available for 34.06? I can't find anything in the Google page for the splinterz fork (which was also hard to locate, BTW) or anywhere.

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 28, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »

Does the splinterz build have Linux memory layouts available for 34.06? I can't find anything in the Google page for the splinterz fork (which was also hard to locate, BTW) or anywhere.

I posted the addresses I found that work for splinterz's build for linux here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3123370#msg3123370

I haven't tested them extensively yet, but they work for everything I've done so far.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 28, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »

Bugzors: changing the skill weighting down to 0.00 in the options, and then changing it back to 1.00(or any number actually) has zero effect. DT requires a restart for it to start working again. You can set it down to 0.01 and changing it still works.

And something must be wrong with how DT values a skill, 2 examples:
dorf1 with just 500xp in gem setting is listed as being 97.79% fit for the job, without any skill weighting he is 45.23% fit.

dorf2 with just 1500xp in gem setting is listed as being 100% fit for the job, without any skill weighting he is 43.89% fit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that having just set 1 gem(from 0xp) would change dorf3's fitness for the role a fair amount, i'll try and test that today or tomorrow.

I would hope to expect a skill level of 7-10 to start to out weight attributes in the calculations.

Edit: Quick test i did with dorf3, odd results.

At 0.01 skill weight 1 gem set took him from 49.36% to 49.71%
At 1.00 skill weight 1 gem set took him from 43.80% to 43.84% O.o

This makes zero sense, a far far far lower skill weight = a far higher fitness% increase? O.o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:00:04 pm by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:29 pm »

Do we know how traits and attributes affect skilled labor? If a dwarf is matched to a role based on attributes, how does he differ from an opposite dwarf, unfit for the role, at the same task assuming equal skill levels. Does the one fit for the role work faster? produce higher quality items? skill up faster? none of the above?

chris_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 28, 2012, 03:17:57 pm »

Your linux package link is broken. It says "Forbidden".
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 192