Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864439 times)

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #1545 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:55 pm »

Ummm. Actually. Wait, what? Download automatically? DT does that?

iirc, when you boot up DT and attempt to attach to a version of DF that it does not recognize, it'll check to see if there's a new offset file that fits the version and load it out accordingly if there is one. So no you don't have to download the ini and drop it in the layouts folder, or paste it into a new ini file manually
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »

OK, this is interesting. I downloaded the new (vanilla) DF for Mac, & copied my saves over. Those loaded w/out issue. Therapist connect to DF and downloaded the new offsets fine.  :D

However!

It shows every dwarf as having "No Job", even though I can see them all working. (Well, most of them. Got quite a few lazy anklebiters, but that's neither here nor there.) I can change jobs easily enough, and it seems to be reading XP gain properly, but it doesn't actually show who's doing what.   :o

So, any ideas how I fix this?  ???

Teehee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 23, 2012, 07:46:29 pm »

iirc, when you boot up DT and attempt to attach to a version of DF that it does not recognize, it'll check to see if there's a new offset file that fits the version and load it out accordingly if there is one. So no you don't have to download the ini and drop it in the layouts folder, or paste it into a new ini file manually

Too good to be true. I must've drifted over into bizarroworld again. I guess I'll know for sure if breaching the adamantine leads into kisses and cuddles. Off to try it.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 23, 2012, 07:53:00 pm »

Got another weird bug. I assigned a bunch of migrants to wood cutting via DT and retired my old wood cutters into the military, but soon got job cancellation spam about lack of wood. I looked and there were plenty of axes in the weapon stockpile and all of the dwarfs with wood cutting were sitting idle in the meeting area. I double checked by going to prefs and labors and saw that wood cutting was indeed enabled in-game. On a hunch, I turned it off and back on inside the game and they all got up and picked up axes from the stockpile and got to work.

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »

Got another weird bug. I assigned a bunch of migrants to wood cutting via DT and retired my old wood cutters into the military, but soon got job cancellation spam about lack of wood. I looked and there were plenty of axes in the weapon stockpile and all of the dwarfs with wood cutting were sitting idle in the meeting area. I double checked by going to prefs and labors and saw that wood cutting was indeed enabled in-game. On a hunch, I turned it off and back on inside the game and they all got up and picked up axes from the stockpile and got to work.

Ditto. My game reads mining and woodcutting professions as being enabled by Therapist, but dwarves won't pick up the equipment to mine or cut trees unless the labor is enabled in the game. (Or, in this case, disabled and then re-enabled within the game.)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »

I can turn off the woodcutting labors from DT, but I have to turn it back on in-game for the dwarfs to do the tasks.

Teehee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »

Copied the linux ini file from Engineers post by hand. All dwarfs get loaded as Urist Uknownunknowns.

I also have a weird bug at this embark. My woodcutter is not cutting trees, although he can access them, the labor is set in DT (and shows up correctly ingame), and there is a copper axe right next to the trees. Oh, and the trees are designated for chopping, of course.

Teehee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 23, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »

I can turn off the woodcutting labors from DT, but I have to turn it back on in-game for the dwarfs to do the tasks.

Same here. So a bug in the new version, or a problem with DT?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 23, 2012, 08:10:16 pm »

As I understand it, early released of DT suffer this.  Basically, Therapist isn't sending the "need to equip" flag on mining, woodcutting, or hunting.  At least it's usually all 3, sometimes it's just woodcutting mainly.  Either way, it's an issue of "This is a quick release to get things running and is missing some key points."

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 23, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »

Sounds like the recheck_equipment flag got knocked out of whack again. Should be an easy fix, although I personally have no idea how.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:06 pm »

Yeah, looks like I missed a few offsets - that's what I get for rushing. I'll post updates later tonight when I get home.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

munki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

I'm hitting a pretty big snag with the OS X version of therapist. I'm not sure if anyone has posted a similar issue or not, but I didn't see anything in the last 10 or so pages.

I'm running OS X 10.7, with DF 34.05, and using graphics/phoebus. I get the following:

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas?

Great work on the mac version, by the way. It's been nice having more regular maintenance/updates.  :D

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 23, 2012, 09:01:30 pm »

here's the packaged file with a few minor updates for those uncomfortable editing the ini files:

• added layouts for 34.06
  • slightly tweaked the role formula once again for even shinier results
  • fixed the sorting by name

download

@GoldenShadow: i haven't been able to reproduce any missing dwarves with my 5 test games so let me know if it does seem to be acting up and i'll try and fix it tomorrow

Good job!  Thanks! (pats self on back as well)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:03:19 pm by thistleknot »

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

I just downloaded the DT with role suggestions and have some comments.

I have two guys, both of whom are legendary miners +5.  They both started simultaneously and worked in the same burrow, going from 0 skill to legendary +0 in dirt, then moved to stone, and I watched them.  I have to say, the most important thing (and possibly only thing) about a miner is agility.  I've seen this several times.  In the race to legendary, which is all that I would think is really worth caring about, a more agile miner will win by a mile, because they move more quickly between dig sites.

Here they are:

Code: [Select]
            Kubukdatur Otungerib
Willpower       1,269     1,015
Strength        2,104       762
Toughness       1,552     1,414
Endurance       1,198       808
Spatial           879     2,267
Kinesthetic       433     1,051

Agility           818     1,397

You have to drill out about 15 11x11 rooms in order to hit legendary from zero.  When the second guy hit legendary the first guy still had to dig out like four or five more rooms, so when the second guy had dug out 15 rooms, the other guy had dug out 10 or 11, I think closer to 10 actually.  So the second guy was like 1.5x faster.  The second guy was sent to dig stone while the other guy stayed in dirt, so the second guy slowed down and the other guy caught up quite a bit.  Even so the second guy was 1500 experience ahead when the caravan arrived.

Unless spatial sense and kinesthetic sense are really that important, it's pretty obvious that agility wins here.

I have a snapshot taken at embark, and you rate the first guy at 60.5% and the second guy at 53.01%, even though the second guy was dramatically better.

I would weight agility massively higher in your system -- as is, you don't even include it as an attribute for a miner.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 23, 2012, 10:16:24 pm »

Agility makes every job better that relies on moving around since it determines how fast the dwarf goes. Its good for melee soldiers. It lets them catch up to fleeing goblins. Low agility melee are useless for offense, they can't catch their targets. If the enemy is coming for them, its a different story.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 192