Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863681 times)

MrX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/6/12 see first post)
« Reply #1410 on: March 15, 2012, 04:28:19 am »

I had to copy the DwarfTherapist executable from <DT>/bin/release to <DT>/ and then run it from in the directory.

That actually worked! Thank you so much  :) DT started just fine and read all my dwarves.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 15, 2012, 06:29:37 am »

Are there two places where nicknames are stored now? I keep on seeing old nicknames in my announcements, as if when I delete nicknames through Dwarf Therapist, they are stored somewhere.

Old nicknames also appear in dwarf descriptions and relations, but do not appear on the unit list. Changing the nicknames through the game itself seems to not have this problem.

there is indeed, which is why when you rename vamps ingame, it works, but when you rename them with DT, it doesn't

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 15, 2012, 06:32:03 am »

If anyone is interested, the location of the filter scripts are in a file called "Dwarf Therapist.ini"

on win7 it's in
c:\users\<user>\appdata\roaming\udp software\

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1413 on: March 15, 2012, 06:44:54 am »

alright i think i've got everything finalized for anyone who would like to play with roles and some other changes. big thanks to thistle for some massive data collections and beta testing.

updates:
  • castes are working and additionally they're read from the [CASTE_NAME] raw tag so modders can utilize the feature (thanks meph!)
  • fixed merchants' guards showing up in dt (reported by alagon)
  • 'on break' now works properly and is identified with a blue dot, as opposed to the 'idle' red dot, and groups properly
  • the edit script window now works
  • slightly darkened some text for readability
  • removed the average attribute descriptions
  • added skill and attribute reference tables, and sorted traits in the filter scripts window
  • added standard deviation and mean script functions for attributes
  • added skill rating function for scripts
  • - trait columns now draw their values properly (same as attributes)
  • added 36 default role columns, with default weights of 1.25 for traits, 0.75 for skills, and 0.25 for attributes (edit/add new ones in the game_data.ini)
  • added a roles view in the default views which includes all built-in roles

download

you can read more details on the formatting and few examples on the source page below as well if you're interested in creating your own roles
source

as always, any feedback, opinions or other ideas regarding features are always welcome.

Note: this is not the official dwarf therapist, this is a branch! (nothing should explode though...probably)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:58:57 am by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1414 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:13 am »

This is amazing, thank you all for your hard work! Can't wait for the next release!

Of course, my pie-in-the-sky +1 wish would be... would it be possible for this/some other utility to scan your initial 7 pre-embark too?  You know, so you know who to assign the medical skills to, who to give the brokerage to, who to make the leaders, who to give the weapon & armor skills, etc.?

I agree, would be an awesome feature.

i'm pretty sure you can already do this... i'm sitting at the embark screen right now and i can view attributes and roles just fine in therapist. am i missing something?

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 15, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

alright i think i've got everything finalized for anyone who would like to play with roles and some other changes. big thanks to thistle for some massive data collections and beta testing.

updates:
  • castes are working and additionally they're read from the [CASTE_NAME] raw tag so modders can utilize the feature (thanks meph!)
  • 'on break' now works properly and is identified with a blue dot, as opposed to the 'idle' red dot, and groups properly
  • added skill and attribute reference tables, and sorted traits in the filter scripts window
  • added 36 default role columns, with default weights of 1.25 for traits, 0.75 for skills, and 0.25 for attributes (edit/add new ones in the game_data.ini)

download

you can read more details on the formatting and few examples on the source page below as well if you're interested in creating your own roles
source

as always, any feedback, opinions or other ideas regarding features are always welcome.

Note: this is not the official dwarf therapist, this is a branch! (nothing should explode though...probably)

I just loaded this with my 31.25 world.  A lot of the attributes on my dwarves except for strength were reading as zero.  Looking at the stats in runesmith proves this to not be true.  Also, the roles view isn't working at all except for socializer.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1416 on: March 15, 2012, 01:01:02 pm »

updates:

download

source

I just loaded this with my 31.25 world.  A lot of the attributes on my dwarves except for strength were reading as zero.  Looking at the stats in runesmith proves this to not be true.  Also, the roles view isn't working at all except for socializer.

sorry, it's designed for df2012, i haven't had the time to go back to 31.25 and look for all the offsets.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »

sorry, it's designed for df2012, i haven't had the time to go back to 31.25 and look for all the offsets.

Considering how much effort it took to find the offsets for 2012, I don't think anyone is blaming you.

(I also think it's a little crazy that anyone would expect mod authors to make new versions backwards compatible with previous DF versions.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 15, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »

--SNIP--
Makes sense.  I just did a direct download and didn't see the site.  Very nice work! 
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

ClubFoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 15, 2012, 01:28:27 pm »

This is amazing, thank you all for your hard work! Can't wait for the next release!

Of course, my pie-in-the-sky +1 wish would be... would it be possible for this/some other utility to scan your initial 7 pre-embark too?  You know, so you know who to assign the medical skills to, who to give the brokerage to, who to make the leaders, who to give the weapon & armor skills, etc.?

i'm pretty sure you can already do this... i'm sitting at the embark screen right now and i can view attributes and roles just fine in therapist. am i missing something?

really?  I've tried this on 2 platforms (osx and windows) and have never been able to load up the 7 initial dwarves while I'm still planning their skills (not even their names come up).  Anyone else have this work for them?

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 15, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Oh Splinterz this is pure joy!! At last I can differentiate between idle and on break!! Thanks thanks thanks! Now I'll check the others features as well  :D

celly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 15, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »

updates:

download

source

Hmm, it crashes after having it up for like 10 seconds or so. :/ Not printing any logs either - although I don't know if it should. Regular DT works and I'm on 34.05.

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 15, 2012, 04:54:17 pm »

really?  I've tried this on 2 platforms (osx and windows) and have never been able to load up the 7 initial dwarves while I'm still planning their skills (not even their names come up).  Anyone else have this work for them?

It's worked on my computer before.  I actually loaded DT while in the embark screen not expecting it to connect up to DF yet, so I was surprised I could see the initial 7 dwarves.

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 15, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »

I'm wondering... Therapist cannot recognize .05 version, it goes up to .04 and says that the .05 version is not supported. I'm using therapist on a macintosh.

Is that a bug or what? The main page os therapist says .05 through auto-update... It says "version check failed"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:44:47 pm by Marble_Nuts »

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 15, 2012, 06:50:17 pm »

the 7.0 update looks nice, though for modders there is still one oddity:
my drow use different stat weighting, so my very strong, very agile and virtually never sick drow shows in dftherapist as strong without marker, but extremly agile and flimsy (though virtually never sick with 4900 is awesome either way oO)
now is the question if there is some way to read those values, or a simple tool so i can adjust and save the properties.

edit: also i noticed that spatial sense is not in, this is also a very important military attribute, because it affects block and even more so dodging a lot (someone with amazing spatial sense and average dodgeing is insanely hard to hit compared to an agile one
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:56:48 pm by Rhenaya »
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 192