Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863688 times)

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/6/12 see first post)
« Reply #1320 on: March 07, 2012, 01:52:10 am »

I was told there was a way to filter dwarves and vampires to spot them with therapist, other than the name thing?

Is this the case?  Cuz it's be AWWESOME to be able to just spot the vamps without guesswork.  Then they can become functional citizens of my fortress!

See splinterz post at the top of this the previous page (88).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:34:32 am by schismatise »

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 07, 2012, 10:18:49 am »

Hmm, I thought I saw somewhere that Strength was displayed now, Is this not the case?  I can't seem to find it.

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:56 am »

use splinterz link and then go to the military tab!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 07, 2012, 10:36:48 am »

If you guys were here we'd all grab you in a group and throw you up and down in the air.
It must be early... I read this as:

If you guys were here we'd all grab you in a group and throw up on you in the air.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:00 am »

Would it be possible to easily add a colour option to the attributes list, like with happiness?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:48 am »

I was told there was a way to filter dwarves and vampires to spot them with therapist, other than the name thing?

Is this the case?  Cuz it's be AWWESOME to be able to just spot the vamps without guesswork.  Then they can become functional citizens of my fortress!

See splinterz post at the top of this page (88).

It's in the options, there's a checkbox to show curses.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/29/12 see first post)
« Reply #1326 on: March 07, 2012, 11:20:30 am »

The next thing I want to do is create several more default grid views that individually only show a subset of the attributes important to a certain 'class' of jobs.  For instance one for craftsdwarf related skills (creativity, kinesthetic sense, spacial sense, the relevant physical traits), with the idea being that it'd give a quick way to look over new immigrants for those well suited to train in a given skill.

I'm not sure if you know or not (I think you must), but Dwarven Guidance Counselor might have all the formula's you need (albeit, would have to put in the d.function() calls) for these views, Dwarven Guidance Counselor is a html or java page, so all the code should be viewable.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:41 pm »

If I want to do my own filter scripts for professions, where can I find the attributes related to those professions.  There not in the wiki for those professions (at least the chief medical dwarf)

update:
yes they are, just some of the nobles are not.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:40:42 pm by thistleknot »

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »

I downloaded Splinterzī version and it shows all my dwarves with the name "unknown" (34.04 fortress). That way itīs not really usable.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1329 on: March 07, 2012, 03:21:34 pm »

I downloaded Splinterzī version and it shows all my dwarves with the name "unknown" (34.04 fortress). That way itīs not really usable.

hrmm sounds like i may have packaged the wrong ini files. you can patch the files yourself with the information in this thread, but i'll check it out and re-upload if necessary in a bit

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

hrmm sounds like i may have packaged the wrong ini files. you can patch the files yourself with the information in this thread, but i'll check it out and re-upload if necessary in a bit

Donīt worry too much about that. I just wanted to take a fast look if any of my citizens is a vampire, since your version supports that. Turned out that none of them is, and I reverted to the "official" version since yours has this "unknown" thingy.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1331 on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

Donīt worry too much about that. I just wanted to take a fast look if any of my citizens is a vampire, since your version supports that. Turned out that none of them is, and I reverted to the "official" version since yours has this "unknown" thingy.

i'd rather have it fixed anyway. it was indeed a problem with one of the ini files (i'm a noob). i've updated the old link.

ClubFoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/29/12 see first post)
« Reply #1332 on: March 07, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

v0.34.05 Layouts Posted

Layouts are posted for all 3 operating systems and should download automatically.
There might be a slight issue with OSX however, so I may have to post a new beta version for that.

Direct Download Links:

I am, indeed, unsuccessful w/ the osx version.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »

I tried that layout, and now all my dorf's attributes in 34.05 are showing up red, at -1; or some astronomical number like 9000.  Something isn't mapped right.  Windows btw.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:12:43 pm by thistleknot »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1334 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:27 am »

Nngg... can't... resist... urge.. to troll...

Is there a reason Splinterz and DwarfEngineer isn't working together atm? Seems silly to be running two different versions.

Is there a reason people read the last page of an 88 page thread and assume they know everything about it?

AHH DAMNIT sorry couldn't help myself :P

But yeah, there's actually a few people helping out, each making slightly different changes in slightly different versions. At the end of the day, it is all progress towards one super-version, and we should be appreciative of everyone involved in the collaborative effort :)

Actually, I'm following the thread rather closely and have read it all, however I haven't seen the two agree about getting their stuff merged.

I just think it looks silly to have these two versions flying about when they should work together for a better piece of software all around.

I mean sure, I might sound totally unreasonable and crazy, knowing nothing about software development and coding, in which case feel free to ignore me, but don't make assumptions about what I've read or haven't when my question obviously isn't answered.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 192