Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863901 times)

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/18/12 see first post)
« Reply #1140 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »

chrisadams3997, I think everyone here wanna your version =) I'm just downloaded QT, DT project and now feel relived coz I can use your version instead of finding own solution.
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 21, 2012, 02:52:47 pm »

sumofallwars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 21, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »

Thanks for The Quick releases, Can't stand playing DF with out DT.

keep up the good work   :D

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 21, 2012, 09:42:52 pm »

Well, here's the Link to the DT 6.12/shishimar merge I did.  I've been using it for a few days without any problem, so anybody who wants to is free to use it. I've only found the windows offsets for the physical attributes, if someone on linux finds them I can update it.  I also haven't looked any further for the current year index, so that's still needed for windows and linux for it to display ages correctly. Here's a link for the source* as well for anyone inclined to look.

And for those that missed this before, it adds in the physical attributes on the dwarf details pane as well as enables them to be shown in grid views (with strength, toughness, and endurance shown by default in the military grid view).  It also should handle gender/caste correctly.  None of the work is mine originally, I've just brought in what shishimar did for DT 6.10 into the new 6.12 version.

* I merged everything that shishimar added that didn't directly conflict with the 6.12 changes.  While most was directly related to the physical attributes and gender/caste handling, some of that added code was part of what looks like an incomplete attempt to add in the ability to list your tame animals and details about them that it looks like he didn't implement (as far as I've noticed so far, haven't seen anywhere to actually see your animals in the program.)  I left it in for expediency in case any of the code additions I wanted to actually bring in relied on some of that code, but if this is brought into an official version, that should probably be selectively culled out of it.  I also made no attempt to compare his methods adding these features in compared with how the code is otherwise organized and implemented, so again, for any merges with official versions, it'd be good to take a closer look at the actual implementation and make any changes needed for consistency.  But all that said, from a practical standpoint, it all seems to work perfectly with the new version, which is all I set out to do.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:54:45 pm by chrisadams3997 »

Ripolix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »

chrisadams3997, I think everyone here wanna your version =) I'm just downloaded QT, DT project and now feel relived coz I can use your version instead of finding own solution.

My eyes hurt.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1145 on: February 22, 2012, 04:07:03 am »

Just FYI sound soundense: dropbox is slightly pissed off for abusing it do distribute so much data, so there is change of pack auto update location. This is, once again, current URL for automated update:

Code: [Select]
<autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack"/>
Sorry for inconvenience.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 22, 2012, 04:47:43 am »

Just FYI sound soundense: dropbox is slightly pissed off for abusing it do distribute so much data, so there is change of pack auto update location. This is, once again, current URL for automated update:

Code: [Select]
<autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack"/>
Sorry for inconvenience.

umm, did you mean to put that in the sound sense topic zwei? lol
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

ruetisiv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:39 am »

Hi everyone... I have trouble installing DT on linux, I run Ubuntu 64bits.
Here is what I did :
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/
It creates a dwarftherapist folder with the source, memory files..;
cd dwarftherapist
qmake
make (it compile without error)
create the v0.34.02.ini in his folder
cd bin/release
./DwarfTherapist to run it
It run and closes instantly, I can see the window for maybe half of a second
How to install it correctly ?
Thanks in advance.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1148 on: February 22, 2012, 05:16:33 am »

Well, since SS in LNP is now configured to use update server that is no longer working, it very much belongs here :-)

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 22, 2012, 06:44:36 am »

Well, since SS in LNP is now configured to use update server that is no longer working, it very much belongs here :-)

This is the Dwarf Therapist thread, the LNP thread is http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0
 :)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1150 on: February 22, 2012, 06:51:23 am »

... This is the Dwarf Therapist thread, ...

... x.x ... oh, thanks. ... sigh

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1151 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:43 am »

Well, here's the Link to the DT 6.12/shishimar merge I did.  I've been using it for a few days without any problem, so anybody who wants to is free to use it. I've only found the windows offsets for the physical attributes, if someone on linux finds them I can update it.  I also haven't looked any further for the current year index, so that's still needed for windows and linux for it to display ages correctly. Here's a link for the source* as well for anyone inclined to look.

And for those that missed this before, it adds in the physical attributes on the dwarf details pane as well as enables them to be shown in grid views (with strength, toughness, and endurance shown by default in the military grid view).  It also should handle gender/caste correctly.  None of the work is mine originally, I've just brought in what shishimar did for DT 6.10 into the new 6.12 version.

* I merged everything that shishimar added that didn't directly conflict with the 6.12 changes.  While most was directly related to the physical attributes and gender/caste handling, some of that added code was part of what looks like an incomplete attempt to add in the ability to list your tame animals and details about them that it looks like he didn't implement (as far as I've noticed so far, haven't seen anywhere to actually see your animals in the program.)  I left it in for expediency in case any of the code additions I wanted to actually bring in relied on some of that code, but if this is brought into an official version, that should probably be selectively culled out of it.  I also made no attempt to compare his methods adding these features in compared with how the code is otherwise organized and implemented, so again, for any merges with official versions, it'd be good to take a closer look at the actual implementation and make any changes needed for consistency.  But all that said, from a practical standpoint, it all seems to work perfectly with the new version, which is all I set out to do.

after you mentioned the merge worked earlier in the thread i did the same thing! my version ended up being slightly different from yours though. i'm still curious to see your source but the link you've provided seems to be for another version?

anyway i've added my source and a description of changes here: http://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/
here's the link to the zip if anyone wants to try it out: http://www.mediafire.com/?s9b9514c5wlznp0

kionmaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 22, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

Here is what I did :
cd dwarftherapist
qmake
cd bin/release
Thanks in advance.

If you run it from a console window, do you get any error output?
Can you make the log directory and give us output of the run.log?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 22, 2012, 11:26:28 am »

The animal stuff is on a new tab you have to click this

and add the new tab.
shishimar never had it show up by default for some reason.

Here is what I did :
cd dwarftherapist
qmake
cd bin/release
Thanks in advance.
There are instructions for building in linux here if you have not seen them already.
You did not install the .ini correctly for one thing.
First you need to copy the etc directory to bin/release and then put the v0.34.02.ini in bin/release/etc/memory_layouts/linux.
Also you need to make a directory "log" in bin/release or it will crash at startup if you want to read logs if something goes wrong.
You may need to run using
sudo ./DwarfTherapist
to get around a security feature (to prevent memory hacking) in Ubuntu as well.
It is working for me in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit, what version of Ubuntu are you using?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:34:32 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:52 pm »

The animal stuff is on a new tab you have to click this

and add the new tab.
shishimar never had it show up by default for some reason.

Ah, missed that.  In that case, it shows your animals too, lol.

i'm still curious to see your source but the link you've provided seems to be for another version?

Yea, not quite used to Hg as opposed to Svn yet, didn't quite do what I expected trying to do something like SVN's 'export'.  Anyway, I updated the link with the proper source.

edit:
Looked at what you did just now and diffed the sources, mostly cosmetic differences.
- updated the default views to include all attributes on the military tab
I changed the view to show all six at first too, but man it clutters it up so that it's a lot harder to read, in my opinion, I changed it back in a hurry.  Endurance, healing, and disease resistance are best left in the details pane I think, from a readability and usability standpoint.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:55:13 pm by chrisadams3997 »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 192