Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863981 times)

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/18/12 see first post)
« Reply #1125 on: February 20, 2012, 10:48:12 am »

Appreciate the response.  Unfortunately the link redirects to http://www.microfocus.com/products/rumba/rumba-product/index.aspx instead, so I'm SOL for now... lol.  The internet as a whole has always been bad about not keeping any access to older versions of software available like like, so no surprise, just unfortunate.  At a bare minimum I hoped to get the existing grid view strength, toughness, and agility columns displaying before I got too far into a game.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:57 am »

Appreciate the response.  Unfortunately the link redirects to http://www.microfocus.com/products/rumba/rumba-product/index.aspx instead, so I'm SOL for now... lol.  The internet as a whole has always been bad about not keeping any access to older versions of software available like like, so no surprise, just unfortunate.  At a bare minimum I hoped to get the existing grid view strength, toughness, and agility columns displaying before I got too far into a game.
The BBCode seems to be modifying the link. I'll spell it out - ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.7.4-mingw.exe
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »

And currently, Dwarf Therapist is missing one; DF claims 52 dwarves (in both z-menu summary and unit list), and DT lists only 51. (I do have it set to show children abd babies, so those aren' the missing ones.)
Would it be possible to sort dwarves in DT in the same way they're sorted in the Unit screen? It'd make finding stragglers a lot easier.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:08 pm »

That did the trick, I'll try another compile in a while here.  Thanks  8).

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

Thanks for all the hard work Engineer! Much appreciated!

Just wondering tho, is there any plans on adding caste support to DT in the future? currently it seems to only track gender as base caste or any other, so alot of mods with multiple castes will show up as 95% female in the list.

If actual caste name display is impossible, maybe change the gender display to be based off the [female] tag instead?

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #1130 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:44 pm »

DE, since you're looking at new features I just wanted to endorse this feature request, "Labor templates by profession".  I think that even a simplified version of it would be quite useful - I'd call it "custom labors" maybe but "labor templates" is a good name too: creating a new custom labor would create a new column of checkboxes and ticking the checkbox would just tick the related labors.  E.g., you could create a custom labor called "soapmaking tasks" that would group together Wood Burning, Lye Making, and Soapmaking and thereby let you turn all three on and off with a single click.

(So, sort of like the "Toggle [category] for This Dwarf" option that's available on right-click, but customizable.)

And as everyone else has been saying... thank you so much for putting all the effort in to work on DT, it makes DF so much easier to play!
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 20, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

Not sure if these have been mentioned, but:

• Fishery Workers don't seem to appear in DT.
  • Some of the 'current tasks' are wrong.  Like, it shows my smelter doing first aid while he's smelting.
  • Named animals / undead (the ones with kills) show up as peasants in DT.  I have.. quite a few of them, to say the least.

Those are the only ones I've spotted so far, but keep up the great work DE!
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 20, 2012, 02:45:23 pm »

If only DGCounsellor can be integrated into DT, it'd be perfect, but I'm already VERY happy with what I have atm <3

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 20, 2012, 04:43:20 pm »

Well this is annoying...

Migrants turning into Nightmare Creatures on arrival will still appear in the Therapist as Migrants, filling it up dispite the fact they are technically no longer part of the fort...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 20, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »

And it works  :D

It's a straight merge of 6.12 with shishimar's added content, I didn't change a thing.  The only thing I'm missing is the current_year index, you'll see that if you look at the age displayed at the top of the second image.  If anyone can find that and if DE doesn't mind I can upload it for anyone who wants to use it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:02:33 pm by chrisadams3997 »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 20, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »

That's pretty awesome.  Would love to get my hands on it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 20, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »

Anyone got this working on OS X?  i mean, it IS *nix based afaik.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:32 am »

It's a straight merge of 6.12 with shishimar's added content, I didn't change a thing.  The only thing I'm missing is the current_year index, you'll see that if you look at the age displayed at the top of the second image.  If anyone can find that and if DE doesn't mind I can upload it for anyone who wants to use it.

Very interesting, that'd be quite handy.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 21, 2012, 01:27:12 pm »

Very nice I would like that.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ChudDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 21, 2012, 01:36:07 pm »

Revisiting my issue with Dwarf Therapist mis-counting my dwarves...

This is definitely not a vampire issue, for a number of reasons; in one case, DT was off by about two, I paused the game and restarted DT, and upon re-reading everything it was now off by four. This is a little unusual; more often, a re-read or restart will stay at the same error.

More tellingly though, I currently have a fortress just about to die at the end of a no-water-and-tantrum-spiral, and I was down to two dwarves, a hammerdwarf-turned-miner and a baby. DT did not detect the baby. Then my adult dwarf dies of thirst. DF still runs and reports I have one dwarf in the fortress, but when I ask DT to re-read the dwarves, it disconnects and claims that DF is no longer running.

At this point I quit DT, paused and saved my game (and made a copy in case anyone wants to look at it), continued it, and re-started DT, with the same result - can't connect, though DF runs with one baby dwarf left.

Maybe some migrants will arrive in the next day or two... :-)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 192