Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864239 times)

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #795 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

So DwarfEngineer has gone AWOL? That's bad. This tool basically takes the game from being a mess to being somewhat playable.

I can only hope to god that a new maintainer materialises, or I'm going to be stuck playing adventure mode.

Someone claiming to be him posted on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/pnink/dwarf_therapist_in_the_post2012_release_period/c3qxczh):

Hi, DwarfEngineer here. I'm not the original author, but I'm currently the maintainer (or as close as there is.)

While I haven't had much free time for features or linux builds, I have been watching for the 2012 release and will try to get DT working with it. If anyone else gets to it before me and has questions, please send me a PM, I'm usually on reddit at least some the time of most days.

Also if anyone is interested in taking up maintenance full time, I'm more than willing to help them get to know the ropes. In fact it wouldn't hurt to have a few more people familiar with the program.

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:22 am »

If there are serious data changes, we're going to need more than hack-and-slash offset fixes.  The terror of losing DT looms.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 14, 2012, 11:43:48 am »

Honestly, I think DT is too big to lose. Even if, god forbid, DwarfEngineer fails, somebody else will take up the torch and get it working.

Hopefully. I can't play without it anymore.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:05 am »

I'll be working on DT for 2012 as soon as I get a chance. It's highly likely that a number of the structures and offsets have changed, so I'm not optimistic that this will go quickly. Add on the fact that today is Valentine's day, and we're looking at end of the weekend as the earliest I'll have something.

Sorry there hasn't been much activity lately - I can't promise that I'll get to many features, but I'll do what I can to add support for the new version.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2012, 11:58:16 am »

I'll be working on DT for 2012 as soon as I get a chance. It's highly likely that a number of the structures and offsets have changed, so I'm not optimistic that this will go quickly. Add on the fact that today is Valentine's day, and we're looking at end of the weekend as the earliest I'll have something.

Sorry there hasn't been much activity lately - I can't promise that I'll get to many features, but I'll do what I can to add support for the new version.

This is very much appreciated.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:07 pm »

Thx for your work. ^.^ I don't like play without DT. xD

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »

I wish ya luck mate, Currently struggling with the damn basic control, I can't believe I used to play like this before DT...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:29 pm »

Any who work on the OSX version have my support.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »

A god walks among mere mortals.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:52 pm »

Dear sir, I ask no features.  As long as you update it to keep doing what it already does, I'm happy.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »

Sweet! You are back! Combine that with a fact that someone is also looking into an updated mac version as well and this is gonna be awesome!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #806 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:08 pm »

My thanks are many!

I never realised how much I relied upon DT. Manually checking labours etc is HARD. and remembering who does what and how good they are arrrrrrrrrgh. DT will be welcomed back with open arms. for now, *struggle onwards*
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »

I just went from 17 to 49  dwarfs..    Help

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:28 pm »

Definitely can't play Fort Mode without Therapist.

Not that it'll stop me from trying... just from accomplishing much.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #809 on: February 14, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

(shamelessly posting to watch :-))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 192