Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864186 times)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #735 on: October 18, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »

Just discovered that Therapist has released a Mac version since the last time I played! Since my PC died, this makes me a very happy dwarf indeed!

Modest Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 18, 2011, 01:05:53 pm »

Ugh, still having the same crash with the most recent version.

EDIT: Fixed it by running it from the root directory with sudo.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:10:49 pm by Modest Moose »
Modest Moose cancels Clean Self: Unconscious

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:05 pm »

I had this working beautifully on Windows 7, but wen I tried it on my school issued laptop (Windows XP) It wouldn't work. I am pretty nooby and I really need this to manage my fortress. I don't know if it's the restrictions on the laptop or some other thing. I'm fairly tech-savvy but I don't want to fiddle with unnecessary settings. If anyone could help I would be hugely appreciative.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #738 on: October 21, 2011, 07:41:10 am »

Is Therapist still being developed? Or just... Supported?
<3

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #739 on: October 21, 2011, 08:14:49 am »

Well. I have no idea. I have this thread in my notification list and try to help people who have problems with it... that's about it. You could say that it's supported, but I'm not even looking at the code.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:54 am »

Well. I have no idea. I have this thread in my notification list and try to help people who have problems with it... that's about it. You could say that it's supported, but I'm not even looking at the code.

Do you know anything about my problem? I can't find anything on it....

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:23 am »

I had this working beautifully on Windows 7, but wen I tried it on my school issued laptop (Windows XP) It wouldn't work. I am pretty nooby and I really need this to manage my fortress. I don't know if it's the restrictions on the laptop or some other thing. I'm fairly tech-savvy but I don't want to fiddle with unnecessary settings. If anyone could help I would be hugely appreciative.

"It wouldn't work" - see How to Report Bugs Effectively ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html )

What happens? DT is not starting, DT crashes on start, DT is unable to connect to DF, ...
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #742 on: October 21, 2011, 10:25:59 am »

Do you know anything about my problem? I can't find anything on it....
I can only guess. In the past, I had to drop support for any versions of Windows older than XP SP 3 and even there, it was a major struggle to get things running - had to drop Win 2000 because its kernel API is just missing some essential bits and later XP < SP3 for similar reasons. Getting the new 'stonesense as plugin' running on XP was a battle several days long.

Now... what problem could it be? Maybe missing system libraries. Maybe a problem with DT calling kernel functions that don't exist at all on XP. Maybe little green men from Mars messing with the computer :P

Here's what you can do though.
Get the app from here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
And open DT's .exe file in it. Note any errors.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 21, 2011, 11:45:29 am »

Sorry for being cryptic with my post.

The main problem is that whenever DF and DT are running at the same time, DT will stop responding. I know it happens when you try to read dwarves because I set it to not connect automatically, and when I connect and read dwarves, it will just freeze. I have waited and it doesn't respond. I will try that app, and I'll post as soon as I have run it.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:00 am »

These were 2 errors in the first message box.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #745 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:07 pm »

You could say that it's supported, but I'm not even looking at the code.

Peter, YOU could write an AAA game without looking at the code, so that's not saying much. ;)
<3

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #746 on: October 22, 2011, 07:06:31 am »

These were 2 errors in the first message box.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Well. That doesn't tell me much about your problem. Only that you have a problem. The app will put red icons next to stuff that's bad - namely missing 'modules' and missing imported symbols. Somewhere in that window should be some kind of hint as to what the problem is. Hmm. Just make the app full screen and post a screenshot... that will be easier than explaining what all those things are :)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 30, 2011, 05:36:19 pm »

I have made a clone of Dwarf Therapist with some added features:

- a tab with the list of the tamed creatures and the possibility to set which of them have to be butchered (it should work with any mod because reads the races names from the raw)
- reenabled and expanded the reading of the physical attributes (strength, agility, toughness, endurance, recuperation, disease resistance). The description of the attribute should match the in game description with any mod (it reads the attributes mean values from the raws)
- age of the selected creature
- group by caste (it should work with any mod because reads the caste names from the raws)
- group by race (for the dwarf it shows dwarf, baby, child)

I have modified the Windows layout for 31.25 graphic version only, so it will not work on any other version for now.

Anyone interested in it can get the source of this clone here:
 hg clone https://code.google.com/r/shishimar-dwarftherapist/

or download the compiled version here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5130

PS
There is anyone out there that knows how and where the pasture zones are codified in the DF memory?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:52:19 am by Shishimaru »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 31, 2011, 10:36:43 am »

Is it planned to fix beekeeping bug? (In DT or clone).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 31, 2011, 01:35:47 pm »

I have made a clone of Dwarf Therapist with some added features:

- a tab with the list of the tamed creatures and the possibility to set which of them have to be butchered (it should work with any mod because reads the races names from the raw)
- reenabled and expanded the reading of the physical attributes (strength, agility, toughness, endurance, recuperation, disease resistance). The description of the attribute should match the in game description with any mod (it reads the attributes mean values from the raws)
- age of the selected creature
- group by caste (it should work with any mod because reads the caste names from the raws)
- group by race (for the dwarf it shows dwarf, baby, child)

I have modified the Windows layout for 31.25 graphic version only, so it will not work on any other version for now.

Anyone interested in it can get the source of this clone here:
 hg clone https://code.google.com/r/shishimar-dwarftherapist/
Not working quite right for me on Ubuntu 11.04.
Here is my militia commander in game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And in your Dwarf Therapist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Age (7168 years old, and the world is only 519 years old) and physical attributes are not right (large negative values). Name translation seems close though. 
Animals appear to be working but there are some "stray" and "stray unknown" creatures turning up.
Butchering toggle in the animals tab is working.
Group by race works. 
Does group by cast ignore male/female casts?
If it does I don't have a save setup to test that right now.
If it doesn't it is not working.

PS
There is anyone out there that knows how and where the pasture zones are codified in the DF memory?
Stonesense can detect the location of zones you might want to ask in the Stonesense thread.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 192