Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864332 times)

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:08 am »

Feature request: attributes shown for each dwarf.

A table showing the wiki's info on which attributes improves which jobs would also be nice.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:04 am »

I'm surprised Toady hasn't  taken it upon himself to implement a similar system in place the existing, as a standard game component.
Because implemented as separate project is easier for him?

Feature request: ability to set the set nickname for multiple dwarfs.

That does make sense, but with the scale of the game and the fact that not everybody who plays it will run to the forums for DT,
given how much of a learning curve this game has and the fact that it frequently does send people screaming in terror away from it upon first try, this type of add on might not be such a bad idea to implement as a standard mechanic, if only to take the edge off.

Still, pipe dream.

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »

I would use it. I'm actually playing DF on a pc right now simply due to the lack of dwarf therapist on os x. My mac might actually be faster too.

Exactly the same situation as me. :D I'm toying with the idea of a port, but have less than no clue what to do! We must to reee-search!  ;D

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »

The current linux version doesn't have the memory layouts, it seems.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:17:06 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2011, 11:32:04 pm »

Old feature request from another thread, guess I should put it here since it's sort of a therapist thing...

Let us have a tab for animals. Include age, gender, fat/muscle/size and let us toggle slaughtering.

Why yes, I am sick of not being able to view size from the kitchen tab, or easily view gender from the unit tab without having to view the animal, and I only want my fattest and musclebound giants to survive to breed. XD

...I also know how crazy this request is, and it's more of a wish than a request for Therapist as it currently stands. >.>
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »

Old feature request from another thread, guess I should put it here since it's sort of a therapist thing...

Let us have a tab for animals. Include age, gender, fat/muscle/size and let us toggle slaughtering.

Why yes, I am sick of not being able to view size from the kitchen tab, or easily view gender from the unit tab without having to view the animal, and I only want my fattest and musclebound giants to survive to breed. XD

...I also know how crazy this request is, and it's more of a wish than a request for Therapist as it currently stands. >.>

Actually it is not that crazy of a request. I think it fits very nicely into the vision statement of DT.    And I would prefer to see it in DT than its other natural fit Dwarf Foreman.

(And now that I think about it, dwarf foreman does not have any of the "Homework" done for this like Therapist does.  DT has almost all of the infrastructure, it just needs to display it and allow you to toggle the slaughter bit. )
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:46:24 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »

Actually it is not that crazy of a request. I think it fits very nicely into the vision statement of DT.    And I would prefer to see it in DT than its other natural fit Dwarf Foreman.

(And now that I think about it, dwarf foreman does not have any of the "Homework" done for this like Therapist does.  DT has almost all of the infrastructure, it just needs to display it and allow you to toggle the slaughter bit. )

If I can add a vote for this, please!! I love DT, and I think the animal idea, like was mentioned would seem fit very well into the infrastructure. I hope it can happen!!!

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 17, 2011, 09:15:23 pm »

I'd like to third the idea of being able to manage animals with Dwarf Therapist.

melpomenee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 21, 2011, 11:27:42 am »

I'd like to third the idea of being able to manage animals with Dwarf Therapist.

Needs a business merger between DT and Runesmith!  I second the animal management idea as well!

Refpeuk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 21, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »

Is there a way to make this work with DF v31.25?  I've looked all over and can't find anyone else asking, even though the new versions been out for a while.  Any help would be appreciated: I have a fortress that's getting far to populated to manage.

Thanks!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 21, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »

New layouts for linux and windows version 0.31.25 have been posted online.  If you are using Dwarf Therapist 0.6.9 or later, it should download them automatically the next time you start DT with the new version of Dwarf Fortress running.  If you have a partial memory layout for v31.25, you'll want to delete it, otherwise Dwarf Therapist may not download the newest version.

If you have problems or want to update therapist manually, you can also download the layouts here:

There will be a release.

I'm less sure of when.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 21, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »

Needs a business merger between DT and Runesmith! 

It is not in the vision statement for DT. And it is specifically where the creator did not want to go.  DT = Helper tools,  Cheat programs = Separate.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Refpeuk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

New layouts for linux and windows version 0.31.25 have been posted online.  If you are using Dwarf Therapist 0.6.9 or later, it should download them automatically the next time you start DT with the new version of Dwarf Fortress running.  If you have a partial memory layout for v31.25, you'll want to delete it, otherwise Dwarf Therapist may not download the newest version.

If you have problems or want to update therapist manually, you can also download the layouts here:

There will be a release.

I'm less sure of when.

Thanks a ton!  Works like a charm.  This fixes most of what I hated about the DF interface!

JoeCroqueta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 21, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

Another Mac user here that plays DF in the PC because of the usefulness of Dwarf Therapist.

It would be great to play DF in the laptop when I travel :)

I downloaded the Mac port and tried to make a new memory layout, but the scanning does not seem to work. At least if anyone could share their layouts for new versions... :)

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:04 pm »

It is not in the vision statement for DT. And it is specifically where the creator did not want to go.  DT = Helper tools,  Cheat programs = Separate.

Given that you can use DT to set nobles, children, and babies to labor in your fortress and get called out for cheating by using this option, I'd say DT is cheat program. You could argue that almost anything that's not vanilla Fortress is a cheat.

As for additions, I'm of the opinion that having a tab for animals would be a very helpful addition, since it'd make tracking the best breeding stock, culling out extraneous critters, and other animal management duties much easier. It'd be nice to see  pasturing/caging of animals (and maybe other things...) be a toggle-able feature as well. It would also be kind of neat to have an option to tame prisoners for use as slave labor or food, but that might be a bit much...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 192