Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864376 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2011, 08:37:43 pm »

I think the number of mac users would be significantly higher than one would expect because this is one of the very few games available for the mac that actually runs OK on a mac...
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2011, 09:25:06 pm »

I think the number of mac users would be significantly higher than one would expect because this is one of the very few games available for the mac that actually runs OK on a mac...
For some reason this statement while probably accurate also makes me laugh. We like the game because it is one of the few games which work for us. I guess that's a good reason. :)

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:40 am »

Can someone detail the steps for getting this to work properly for .25?

If I'm reading write, I get the most recent version and patch the XML file with a list of new memory addresses? Is that it?

Don't want to corrupt my fort is all.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:29 am »

Can someone detail the steps for getting this to work properly for .25?

If I'm reading write, I get the most recent version and patch the XML file with a list of new memory addresses? Is that it?

Don't want to corrupt my fort is all.
If you are using a windows flavor, just download the latest version and it will work.   As for corrupting your fort, DT is unlikely in the extreme to do that, however DF IS NOT! There is a seasonal and autobackup option.  USE THEM! trust me!!!!!! *has had to go back due to crash bugs MULTIPLE times.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

OnyxIdol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2011, 12:49:44 pm »

Eh, I have the latest version (0.6.10). However, i am getting the "I don't know how to talk to this version of df" error with df 31.25. Any hints?

OnyxIdol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »

Nevermind, after enabling auto-Updates it got the new memory layout. Cheers!

Oscard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2011, 06:22:01 pm »

I believe the demand for a mac version is very high. Just finding someone who is willing to maintain it is the hard part. I always get back into DF then what usually pulls me out is the STAGGERING amount of workers who i have to sift through to get everyone to do efficient jobs. This is where Dwarf Therapist is a godsend.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2011, 07:13:12 pm »

I'm not religious on the mac/pc thing, but my mac might actually be able to run the thing faster than my pc laptop. I doubt the mac laptop would be any faster though.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2011, 07:53:05 pm »

New layouts for linux and windows version 0.31.22 have been posted online.  If you are using Dwarf Therapist 0.6.9 or later, it should download them automatically the next time you start DT with the new version of Dwarf Fortress running.
This feature is AWESOME. Thank you so much!
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 09, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »

erm maybe its just me but it shows all ym dwarfs first names but after that it just say unkownunknown for every dwarfs last names any ideas?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2011, 12:35:34 am »

erm maybe its just me but it shows all ym dwarfs first names but after that it just say unkownunknown for every dwarfs last names any ideas?

I see that when DF is running before DT sometimes. Then I restart DT and it connects and populates on its own. Other than that no other ideas. It works for me.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:16 am »

yep that fixed thx
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Daskinor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2011, 02:18:18 am »

Wish I could also participate in the general bug-free happy dance, but something in the latest DT crashes for me in a way that I've never seen DT do before, and have been using it since early 0.31.x

Running 64 bit Linux compiled from source pulled from the hg tree as of current date (identifying itself as v0.6.11), and also under gentoo. I've also checked and compiled the latest of all the packages DT uses that are dynamically linked against the DT binary - still no improvement.

For the curious these are
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What happens is an immediate crash (that brings up gnomes 'bug-buddy' tool that cant identify the application but still offers to generate a debug trace regardless) whenever i click on any of the labour items for all dwarves listed bar.. one. Why this dwarf (a high master milker with some ability as an animal trainer, fisher and bonecarver) is exempt from the crash I have no idea.. and it still crashes for him when I try and click on his name to bring up traits, all skill levels and xp to next level and the like - as it does for all the other dwarves.

Going back to dt circa December 30th 2010 (0.6.7 I believe) which worked perfectly under 0.31.18 also works for 0.31.25 as long as I have the newer memory_layouts for 0.31.25 and if I can live with not having any of the new skills like beekeeping, glazing and pottery represented, listed or controllable - as these options were not present at the time. Which is a far sight better than having it be completely unusable I guess, and my fortress isn't at a level yet where desperation to know who my bee-keepers are and how good they are is a burning need.

But still is bothersome. Anyone seen anything similar? Older dt versions that are working and linked against the same libraries when current ver is broken is suggestive of some new feature or capability that isnt right yet that's involved with GUI popups or setting active labors.
you're in a multilib enviroment, right?

try compiling 32-bit DT. default symlinks IIRC all point to x64 libs.

Thanks for the suggestion, yes i am in a multilib environment. What worked for me was getting 0.6.10 versioned-source rather than what was latest in Mercurial which apparently still has at least the bug i encountered. As there is no clear way to download source bundles for 0.6.10 or any other specific release, i was able to do this via the -C flag to hg thus:

$ hg update -C 0.6.10
11 files updated, 0 files merged, 12 files removed, 0 files unresolved

then recompiling as normal. 0.6.10 works nicely.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:20 am »

I'd certainly love a Mac Version of Dwarf Therapist. I'm surprised Toady hasn't  taken it upon himself to implement a similar system in place the existing, as a standard game component. Not to steal the 'wind' from this project, but it would make a lot of things easier from the get-go. 

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:53 am »

I'm surprised Toady hasn't  taken it upon himself to implement a similar system in place the existing, as a standard game component.
Because implemented as separate project is easier for him?

Feature request: ability to set the set nickname for multiple dwarfs.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 192