Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864370 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #525 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »

A minor display bug in DF Therapist - Beekeeping skill and xp level do not show properly in the table, even though Therapist correctly extracts this information from game memory and displays in dwarf summary popup.

Screenshot attached.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a related bug; migrants with the "Beekeeper" profession cannot have beekeeping enabled or disabled through TheRapist.  Other dwarves can, but migrants that ARRIVE as "Beekeepers" need this profession enabled or disabled in game only.  It only happens with migrant beekeepers; dwarves who have other profession titles can have beekeeping enabled or disabled as normal.  I have not leveled up a beekeeper to test if this is a bug with migrants only, or if it applies to any dwarf that gains the "Beekeeper" profession.

Related bug: waxworking is shown as an "UNKNOWN" profession.  Like with beekeepers, migrant waxworkers cannot have it enabled or disabled via TheRapist (other dwarves can as normal).  Odd, possibly related sidenote:  Migrant beekeepers or waxworkers can't have EITHER labor enabled or disabled via TheRapist.  If a dwarf is a, say, High Master Beekeeper, you cannot use the program to disable beekeeping OR enable wax working, same if he's a "High Master UNKNOWN" (currently how wax workers are displayed): cannot disable wax working or enable beekeeping.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 27, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »

There was actually a fairly simple fix to that issue a couple pages back, before the .22 release, but I guess it didn't make it into the official Therapist update:

Hmm, this "not able to assign jobs to beekepers" thing is annoying. any ideas anyone as to how solve it?

Go into etc, open game_data, find the [professions] section, put this after the [professions] tag:
Code: [Select]
size=106
and this at the end

105/name = Beekeeper
105/id = 104

106/name = Waxworker
106/id = 105

When you find a dwarf who has an unknown profession, mouse over his icon and it will say something like "unknown profession ID 106" or whatever, just look at his profession name, put that and the id at the end of the section, and update the size.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:40 pm »

Running Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 in Linux.

For some reason Dwarf Therapist connects but when it attempt to read the dwarves it says DwarfFortress has stopped running.

I am using latest hg pull.

- edit -

Sorry, make clean & make fixed it somehow.

- edit 2 -

No, something is definitely wrong. Now it only reads wave 1 even though I have gotten two more waves of migrants.

- edit 3 -

Well, a workaround is saving & reloading in DwarfFortress then reading the values again. I didn't notice it at first because it was a new fortress (the stopped running issue), loading the same fortress pulled data but then no more waves got registered.

It seems to be reading the save data instead of the memory data.

I will perform a hg rollback and see if it's something that was updated.

I can confirm this bug running it under ubuntu 10.04 from the repository. Currently, whenever I try to connect to DF v0.31.24 I get the error message "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is loaded.". This appears to come-and-go both with saving and restarting DF, and also with time (previously it was working fine with this same session (I think)).

While I'm posting this I should probably add another bug I found under linux. DT doesn't auto-update the memory layouts unless I run it as root, and if I run it as root the layout files only have read/write permissions for root so I can't then run it as a normal user and access the layout. I have tried changing the permissions on the folder and the individual files so anyone can read+write them and that had no effect.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #528 on: March 27, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »

Vectors for .23 work for .24, so this is all you need to change.

checksum=0x4d8f39f9
version_name=v0.31.24 (graphics)

Thanks to you, and to that guy who fixed the beekeeper/waxworker bug that I though was fixed in 6.10 (at least, the assigning of the jobs was).

And to everyone else who helps fix these little things, you help people like me save the time of doing it. Or figuring out how to do it. :)
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

DwarvenInsanity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 27, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »

Does anybody have an idea for me? I just can't enable things in dwarf therapist for some dwarf from the migrant wave. To edit the initial dwarfs in Dwarf Therapist worked just fine.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:27 am »

Does anybody have an idea for me? I just can't enable things in dwarf therapist for some dwarf from the migrant wave. To edit the initial dwarfs in Dwarf Therapist worked just fine.

Are you sure it's not a child? That's the only usual reason unless its the representative from the mountainhomes that comes with the caravan, beyond that, something is probably afoot.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 28, 2011, 06:14:42 am »

Are you sure it's not a child? That's the only usual reason unless its the representative from the mountainhomes that comes with the caravan, beyond that, something is probably afoot.

If there is a dwarven trade caravan, Dwarf Therapist will list the guards as well.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:14 am »

There was actually a fairly simple fix to that issue a couple pages back, before the .22 release, but I guess it didn't make it into the official Therapist update:

Hmm, this "not able to assign jobs to beekepers" thing is annoying. any ideas anyone as to how solve it?

Go into etc, open game_data, find the [professions] section, put this after the [professions] tag:
size=106
and this at the end

105/name = Beekeeper
105/id = 104

106/name = Waxworker
106/id = 105

When you find a dwarf who has an unknown profession, mouse over his icon and it will say something like "unknown profession ID 106" or whatever, just look at his profession name, put that and the id at the end of the section, and update the size.

Thanks very much for pointing me to the fix.  However, I felt that if it still hadn't been resolved it was worth mentioning as a current bug, in case it was being overlooked.  However, now that I have a solution I'm happy.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Ferret

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 28, 2011, 11:34:26 am »

So far I've found this works with the latest version. (0.31.25)
I can't confirm that it works 100% but haven't noticed any issues so far.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #534 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:57 pm »

Skill 108 is Military Tactician (Military Tactics in DF).
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 28, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »

So far I've found this works with the latest version. (0.31.25)
I can't confirm that it works 100% but haven't noticed any issues so far.

How can I use this to get Therapist to work with .25?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #536 on: March 28, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

DT/etc/memory_layouts/windows/

Duplicate the latest (should be 31.21_graphics) and rename the copy 31.35. Replace it's text with what is shown.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:59 pm »

DT/etc/memory_layouts/windows/

Duplicate the latest (should be 31.21_graphics) and rename the copy 31.35. Replace it's text with what is shown.

Okay. Will do. Thanks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 28, 2011, 03:09:01 pm »

Thanks for the hotfix info.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 28, 2011, 05:38:49 pm »

Found a bug or I'm mis-using this. I'm on Ubuntu (Meerkat edition, rawr!) and trying to use DT to set custom jobs. Well it's working for everything but the job name itself. The job name is staying the same, but all the in-game jobs do change to match. I've also tried right click -> set custom profession name, and it does nothing!

I'm running 0.31.23 at the moment.

Addition: I was able to confirm that the offset in the INI file is correct (0x003c for me) and I see the c-string located at that offset. I told DT to change the custom profession name and the pointer to a c string did not change, and the memory pointed to did not change either.

So, I think it's just broken right now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:38:48 pm by Brian »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 192