Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864495 times)

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.7 11/30/10 see first post)
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2011, 12:15:01 am »

I would like to get a general opinion.  I have the memory layouts done. I also have professions / skills / and labor assignment done for the new labors, but I haven't had a chance to dig into all of the jobs associated with them.  Would people be interested in an intermediate release knowing that the job column will not be accurate for the new labors?

Otherwise it will take some time to find an embark with bees, setup all of the shearing / spinning / bee keeping, etc workshops needed to figure out what all the new job names are.

^.^ Normally I'm not a big fan of 'half-finished', but I'd take a "interminably release". (More so considering I never use DT for tracking who is doing what. I just us 'u' key from inside the game.)

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.8 2/16/11 see first post)
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2011, 12:30:19 am »

Windows version 0.6.8 Posted.
Please let me know if you have any problems, especially around the new labors.

Linux version to follow tomorrow most-likely.  (It's getting late here)
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

Thank you kindly, (sir/mama).

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2011, 12:55:53 am »

Okay, I uploaded that save to DFFD, here.  You should be able to shear some sheep and spin the wool at the farmer's workshop on the surface.  There are also hives there, and you can build one to have a dwarf split a hive into it.  You'd have to wait for gathering to be possible, though (and I suppose you should probably turn gathering OFF on them until you're ready to see that).  On -4, where most of the workshops are, you should be able to mill rock nuts to paste at the quern, press liquid from that paste and press honey from a honeycomb (there's one sitting on the surface right now) at the screw press, make various new things at the craftdwarf's workshop (you may have to assign a labor for some of this stuff) (and despite having wax, wax crafts don't seem to work, as the wax seems to just vanish when someone picks it up from the stockpile to work with it), and gather/work clay and glaze things at the kiln.  I -should- have what I need to make mead at the still, but it doesn't work.  Perhaps that's also bugged?  This doesn't include all the variations, of course, but I guess it could help.

...you can also see how much the metal situation has changed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:57:36 am by Malicus »

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2011, 01:41:17 am »

For the record, amazing work to get this done so quickly.  :)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2011, 02:25:04 am »

Windows version 0.6.8 Posted.
Please let me know if you have any problems, especially around the new labors.

Linux version to follow tomorrow most-likely.  (It's getting late here)

You're the best. <3
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2011, 03:26:04 am »

There's a way to apply custom professions in vanilla???  :o
Like profession names, I assume, not an entirely new method of labor.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2011, 04:09:44 am »

Yay! Good stuff! :)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2011, 05:37:19 am »

There's a way to apply custom professions in vanilla???  :o
Like profession names, I assume, not an entirely new method of labor.

IIRC, DwarfTherapist "custom professions" include the custom name of that profession, and a bunch of associated(but vanilla) labors. So you can have a custom profession of "Hauler" which just has the hauling jobs enabled, for instance. It's not any custom labors - just an arrangement of the ones that already exist, with a convenient label.

ETA: Many, many thanks for getting a new release out there so fast! I wanted to see what the new version was like, but dreaded the thought of labor management. I thought it might be a few days at least before DT was up and running for .19. It's nice to be wrong about that sort of thing!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:42:17 am by Shurhaian »
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

I just started using this program about a year ago, I started DF in 2007..man I am soo addicted to dwarf therapist I can't play without it now, don't know how I managed to play that long without it..

Thanks for fast the update
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:56 am »

An odd (and very minor) bug I've noticed after playing Dwarf Fortress all night.  The new DT works very nicely, but many dwarves have 'unknown activity' when I mouseover to see what they are presently doing.  What is really odd is that beekeeping is reported perfectly.  The case I best remember was one of my haulers carrying wood.

Doesn't really effect me, since I don't use that, but interesting.  Happy DFing, love the scarce metal!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2011, 11:34:54 am »

You're the best!

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2011, 06:35:49 pm »

Dwarf Engineering at its finest.

Cheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2011, 07:51:15 pm »

It's a shame it's the first time I hear about DT. This would have been useful when I played DF in Windows.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »

Okay, I uploaded that save to DFFD, here.  You should be able to shear some sheep and spin the wool at the farmer's workshop on the surface.  There are also hives there, and you can build one to have a dwarf split a hive into it.  You'd have to wait for gathering to be possible, though (and I suppose you should probably turn gathering OFF on them until you're ready to see that).  On -4, where most of the workshops are, you should be able to mill rock nuts to paste at the quern, press liquid from that paste and press honey from a honeycomb (there's one sitting on the surface right now) at the screw press, make various new things at the craftdwarf's workshop (you may have to assign a labor for some of this stuff) (and despite having wax, wax crafts don't seem to work, as the wax seems to just vanish when someone picks it up from the stockpile to work with it), and gather/work clay and glaze things at the kiln.  I -should- have what I need to make mead at the still, but it doesn't work.  Perhaps that's also bugged?  This doesn't include all the variations, of course, but I guess it could help.

...you can also see how much the metal situation has changed.

Thanks very much for the savefile.  Because of it, I've been able to find most of the jobs, but it seems like a few are still bugged.  If people are playing and happen to notice Unknown Job (xxx) in the current job column, please let me know what the dwarf is doing and what the number is.  I'm looking for the following:

Code: [Select]
216 = "Shear Creature"
217 = "Spin Thread"
218 = "Unknown"
219 = "Unknown"
220 = "Unknown"
221 = "Unknown"
222 = "Collect Clay"
223 = "Install Colony In Hive"
224 = "Collect Hive Products"

I've also updated the Ubuntu package repositories for linux, and another windows update will be coming eventually.  I'm tempted to wait until I find the rest of these jobs and Toady releases his first bugfix for 31.19.

Thanks again,
DE
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 192