Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864489 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.7 11/30/10 see first post)
« Reply #345 on: February 16, 2011, 09:57:11 pm »

There's a way to apply custom professions in vanilla???  :o
Yeah. its in the same screen as the nickname customizer. Been there since 40d, possibly earlier.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »

IIRC, It's just the profession names. It doesn't actually change the tasks assigned to the dwarf (which is what I use DT for).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »

True.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »

I'm looking for (preferably small) save files with dwarves who have the new professions, so if you happen to have/aquire some, please let me know. I'm going to wait to release until I have all of the new professions & labors handled in DT.  In the meantime, please let me know if you have problems with the layout files above.

Thanks.
Hmm ... You could, maybe, just add the following below '[CREATURE:DWARF]' in raw\object\creature_standard.txt ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should make ever dwarf start with a Legendary+5 in all the new skills.

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2011, 10:30:35 pm »

I don't know how I ever played without dwarf therapist...

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:13 pm »

I'm looking for (preferably small) save files with dwarves who have the new professions, so if you happen to have/aquire some, please let me know. I'm going to wait to release until I have all of the new professions & labors handled in DT.  In the meantime, please let me know if you have problems with the layout files above.

Thanks.
Hmm ... You could, maybe, just add the following below '[CREATURE:DWARF]' in raw\object\creature_standard.txt ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should make ever dwarf start with a Legendary+5 in all the new skills.

Thanks, I've got what I need.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »

*Bows before the almighty and only...err...ahem...the new, almighty, and only maintainer of Dwarf Therapist, whose vast skill greatly appeases the growing masses of Dwarf Fortress addicted followers that refuse to play DF without DT to maintain their sanity*

Love the way you react so quickly to new versions...all hail the DwarfEngineer!

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2011, 11:12:46 pm »

On a side note, did you ever figure out a way to get around that bug that prevented DT from activating the hunting labor on a dwarf and making it behave properly? Or is that something that still has to be turned on inside DF itself?  :D

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:40 pm »

I don't know how I ever played without dwarf therapist...

I have, but that was before Dwarf Therapist was around, back with Dwarf Manager, but it was the same thing basically (DT is better tehnically and all, but it served the same purpose I mean).  I have never played Dwarf Fortress to any serious degree without some third party manager program (I do hope that the internal management is corrected, or a "toady supported" version is created and coupled with the game.  I believe that without a third party program to manage it DF would become extremely frustrating to play, at least for those of us who tend to micromanage).

-MB

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2011, 11:42:51 pm »

On a side note, did you ever figure out a way to get around that bug that prevented DT from activating the hunting labor on a dwarf and making it behave properly? Or is that something that still has to be turned on inside DF itself?  :D

Is this related to the dwarf not realizing he needs new equipment?  If so, it should be a pretty easy fix.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2011, 11:46:32 pm »

I would like to get a general opinion.  I have the memory layouts done. I also have professions / skills / and labor assignment done for the new labors, but I haven't had a chance to dig into all of the jobs associated with them.  Would people be interested in an intermediate release knowing that the job column will not be accurate for the new labors?

Otherwise it will take some time to find an embark with bees, setup all of the shearing / spinning / bee keeping, etc workshops needed to figure out what all the new job names are.

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2011, 11:55:25 pm »

Yes. Knowing what their current job is is not a big deal for me. It's already bugged in the sense that it tracks training dwarves and on break dwarves as idle.

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2011, 12:01:12 am »

Please do DwarfEngineer.. not knowing current jobs is no big deal, being able to have the ability to see all the active labours on the dwarves at once is really imperitive :)

So please... interim release!!!

lack of DT is the only thing preventing me from playing the new version >_< It really makes the game playable!

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:21 am »

I'd be grateful for an intermediary release with the flawed job column, would tide the majority of us over, i'd wager, until you finish tracking down anything you want to track down at your own pace, that way you can avoid burning yourself out by rushing into it.

And on the other topic, I don't believe the original bug was due to equipment issues, it was something about starting the hunting cycle properly. IE, if you turned on hunting in DF itself, everything would start properly, and the new hunter would eventually get around to starting a hunting "cycle". However, if you chose the same dwarf, and enabled the labor with DT, then that dwarf would never start hunting, ever. If I recall correctly, doing so could even prevent future hunting labor toggles through DF ineffective as well. I could be mistaken, but as far as I recall, that was one of the few DT bugs that hung around for a long while. Maybe it became fixed with some of Toadies changes in the ways hunting was triggered or whatnot, but, I've been too paranoid to try and test for sure, just in case I accidentally lock my skilled hunter in "never hunt again" mode, and forcing me to sort through my folder of excessive backup saves.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:21 am »

I would like to get a general opinion.  I have the memory layouts done. I also have professions / skills / and labor assignment done for the new labors, but I haven't had a chance to dig into all of the jobs associated with them.  Would people be interested in an intermediate release knowing that the job column will not be accurate for the new labors?

Otherwise it will take some time to find an embark with bees, setup all of the shearing / spinning / bee keeping, etc workshops needed to figure out what all the new job names are.

I currently have a save with a fair number of the new things.  I'll post it in a bit.  ...where SHOULD I post it?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 192